Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: August 26 - October 4 will be 40 days contending for GOD'S WILL, Judgment In America

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    If "humble themselves" actually meant "fast", then maybe you can explain how a fast should be carried out. Because I have yet to find instructions on how to carry out a fast in the Bible itself. There are fasts that last "until evening," and fasts that go for lengths of time that almost kill a person.
    There are a variety of fasts one can do. That's not really what's important. The point of the matter is to put ourselves aside and recognize there is a holy God who sent His only begotten Son to die for our sins, and we've been ignoring Him as a nation for far too long.

Why do these "prophets" think America is so special. We have crossed a line. The cup of iniquity is full. The sin jar is all filled up. Yada, yada, yada. It's as if they think our sins hurt God more than other nations sins. I don't buy it. Other countries are just as bad. For example, when it comes to immorality and perversion, take a look at Japan. There is some really messed up stuff over there. And what about much of Europe?

I think it's arrogant to assume we are somehow special.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by yatagan View Post
    Why do these "prophets" think America is so special. We have crossed a line. The cup of iniquity is full. The sin jar is all filled up. Yada, yada, yada. It's as if they think our sins hurt God more than other nations sins. I don't buy it. Other countries are just as bad. For example, when it comes immorality and perversion, take a look at Japan. There is some really messed up stuff over there. And what about much of Europe?

I think it's arrogant to assume we are somehow special.
    Only 2 nations were ever founded on faith in the God of the Bible: Israel and the United States of America. The people who came from Europe and founded the first settlements here came because of their faith in Jesus Christ, and they made a covenant with Almighty God. THAT'S why America has been providentially blessed, and THAT'S why America is under stronger judgment than other nations. We have forsaken the God of our fathers, worshiped the gods of materialism and self, and murdered our own children -- over 55 million in 41 years.

Don't mock something you don't understand.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Only 2 nations were ever founded on faith in the God of the Bible: Israel and the United States of America. The people who came from Europe and founded the first settlements here came because of their faith in Jesus Christ, and they made a covenant with Almighty God. THAT'S why America has been providentially blessed, and THAT'S why America is under stronger judgment than other nations. We have forsaken the God of our fathers, worshiped the gods of materialism and self, and murdered our own children -- over 55 million in 41 years.

Yes , I am aware of how our country was founded.
    But I have mixed feelings about this. How do you explain the strong masonic influences involved in the countries founding, in DC etc. There is nothing Christian about masonry. And if I'm not mistaken, most of our founding fathers were not born again Christians.
    Only God knows the truth.

Oh, and I wasn't mocking God or the Bible.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post

Shenanigans.

Our country was founded over illicit bootlegging from places like Jamaica, for the rum, and Portugal, for the wine. Just ask John Hancock.

Just stop now before it gets serious.

BTW, the first English settlement in what now is the US was an economic venture.

Jamestown.

So was the first settlement period, by the Spanish.

St. Augustine, Fl.

Stop with the Plymouth propaganda.

Even the Dutch hated the Pilgrims, and the Dutch are the most easy going people on the earth.

Want more cowbell?

This is still not in the RC ?

LOL
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    This is still not in the RC ?

LOL
    Nor should it be, people like you could put it there straying off subject. Get a life.

All you do is find fault. Try to add to the seriousness of what this country faces and not be part of the problem. Check the scriptures where it says a one world government...what part of that do you not understand? The USA will not be a sovereign nation soon. Got it?

It gets very boring to read complainers BIT*H how the punctuation is not perfect, spelling off or other non-essential grammatical errors. Contribute to the solutions or at the least contribute in a positive light not your trivia with non-essentials. Damn.
    IF NON-MEMBERS OF THE NRA WOULD STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE
    GUN VIOLENCE WOULD DROP 100%

“Congress’ inability or unwillingness to pass a law desired by the executive branch does not default authority to the executive branch.”

"If every Jewish and anti-Nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic." - Aaron Zelman, JPFO
    http://www.jpfo.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ColdWater View Post
    Nor should it be, people like you could put it there straying off subject. Get a life.

All you do is find fault. Try to add to the seriousness of what this country faces and not be part of the problem. Check the scriptures where it says a one world government...what part of that do you not understand? The USA will not be a sovereign nation soon. Got it?

It gets very boring to read complainers BIT*H how the punctuation is not perfect, spelling off or other non-essential grammatical errors. Contribute to the solutions or at the least contribute in a positive light not your trivia with non-essentials. Damn.
    If you believe this claptrap BS from some unknown person I do believe it is you who needs to get a life. The state of affairs we find ourselves in is quite real. This drivel does little if anything to bring an end or even light to it.

It must be true though huh? After all you read it on the internet.

BTW, I said nothing about you nor did I attack you for posting it, rather just the post itself. You, as a good Christian, decided to take the low road.

Keep it here for all I care. Enjoy your "fun".

(BTW it would be my trivial non essentials, not "trivia".)
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

FWIW, "America" was in her glory as what she was "meant" to be, long before Columbus and the other multitudes of commerce-based European influences came on the scene.

I believe she was/is the land promised to the "saints" (read.....rugged, libertarian, God-fearing, hard-working, faithful and self-sacrificing men and their families who would die before bowing to any earthly potentate...not to be confused with the pap being pawned off as "Christianity" today) and, right on schedule the tares have nearly overcome the wheat field, and the harvest is nigh.

Dates and times ?

Fool's business, IMO.