Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where's the meat? Another nearly vegetarian church potluck

Lots of meat at my friends wedding reception yesterday. Wonderful Italian Beef sammiches too :) No shortage of meat around here, it just costs an arm and two legs for a steak. Now on sale at the local IGA...TBones cut to order at 8.99/lb. Guess us down home folk know how to feed each other too .

She

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    None left . . .

the feds wolve program is working great
    Tell me that again as I was watching a huge doe eat the apples out from under the tree in the front yard ok? LOL

Yep, Shewolf...:) We can shoot 5 again this year in our zone. They have been feeding on alfalfa and clover fields here all summer. Should taste just dandy.

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    We been eatin' a lot of eggs.....

Yeah. Us, too. :o)

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by SheWoff View Post
    Tell me that again as I was watching a huge doe eat the apples out from under the tree in the front yard ok? LOL

All of the northern half of wi is one buck tag per hunter this season (including archery). no doe tags or additional tags available. The forested area herd up there had a really hard winter last season. The wolves have been taking a huge toll on the northern herd. Sure there's isolated pockets that are doing well, but for the most part the herd is way down.

Driving up to land o lakes a few weeks back from IL I seen 1 doe fawn road kill. 5 years ago there would be 1 per 5 miles minimum.
    "One Man With Courage is a Majority"

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    You sure like to flaunt your ignorant bias for all the world to see.

I received dozens of cards and over $1,000 in cash from the people at my church when my wife died in 2008. Some of the people who gave were among the poorest I know. We recently had a surprise birthday party for a close friend and fellow church member. He likes $2 bills, and we were able to give him a $250 stack as a gift thanks to many contributions.

The word generous hardly describes the folks at my church, and the same can be said for many other churches. They give to support our church and its ministries, to missionaries and to help and encourage people. From experience, I can tell you they are more precious than gold.
    Blah, Blah, Blah.

Your earlier lamentations tell the truer story.

Don't hurt yourself backpedaling.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    All of the northern half of wi is one buck tag per hunter this season (including archery). no doe tags or additional tags available. The forested area herd up there had a really hard winter last season. The wolves have been taking a huge toll on the northern herd. Sure there's isolated pockets that are doing well, but for the most part the herd is way down.

Driving up to land o lakes a few weeks back from IL I seen 1 doe fawn road kill. 5 years ago there would be 1 per 5 miles minimum.
    I'm in NE WI. I concur that the deer herds here (nothing like what you have up north, though!) are small and not thriving well. The couple does I've seen this summer (and I'm rural, so only seeing 2 is a bad sign in and of itself!) have also looked rather small and scrawny. If we have another tough winter as is currently predicted, it will be absolutely devastating.

I agree with the previous posters - more eggs, please!
    It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. - Charles A. Beard

In this day and age, the only path of honor for a patriot IS to become a traitor. - Miradus
    [/SIZE]

Why the corn cobb up the butt, Chicom ?!

Quote Originally Posted by newage View Post
    He is just Countering Nonsense With Triviality
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by newage View Post
    Ditto....

Meats meat. We who hunt, eat meat cheap. We who shop, eat meat as a simple trade off, buy it or not. It's there, ten or twenty percent more......whatever. Ribeye, potatoe, corn/ bottle of red......ten bucks.....money well spent. Thank you Lord Jesus
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.