Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Weary of World Events-Need an easy mind numbing crochet project

I made little pouches for all my crochet hooks and both lengths of knitting needles. They are like the pouches my dad used to have his wrenches in, that roll up, and are made of a sort of lightweight canvas. I wrote on each slot what the size is and make sure I always put the hook or needles back in the right place.

I have to use a magnifying glass for some of the smaller hooks, but I rarely use those any more.

I didn't realize crochet hooks are color coded.

Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    When I have tried making making circles in the past to start granny squares they turn out to be sad looking. Do ya'll have any suggestions? I usually do better with projects that are square, but I want to learn more. I make good pot holders that are two layers thick, but I do need to make some dish rags. I use cotton yard on the cones.
    my circles start out looking like squares lol so you aren't alone in the crappy circle dept. I just keep right on going. That little bitty circle in the middle isn't going to show a whole lot and they usually straighten themselves out as you keep going along with it. If not, it just gives the granny square character :)

She

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    I made little pouches for all my crochet hooks and both lengths of knitting needles. They are like the pouches my dad used to have his wrenches in, that roll up, and are made of a sort of lightweight canvas. I wrote on each slot what the size is and make sure I always put the hook or needles back in the right place.

I have to use a magnifying glass for some of the smaller hooks, but I rarely use those any more.

I didn't realize crochet hooks are color coded.

Carol
    I've got a little pouch like that, too. The last time I flew, my crochet hooks nearly got me busted by the TSA--guess they looked like an explosive device on the X-ray.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cyberiot View Post
    I've got a little pouch like that, too. The last time I flew, my crochet hooks nearly got me busted by the TSA--guess they looked like an explosive device on the X-ray.
    Two years ago, we were thinking about flying to another country on a mission trip, and I actually looked up the list of what you can and can't carry on a plane.....crochet hooks are okay! Might need to have them in your hand, though, so they can see what they are!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Have you thought of looking on line for free patterns?

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/?gclid...FSpo7AodSAQAzQ

Also if you have access to raverly they post tons of freebies, I have a separate email loaded with patterns that I have gotten, I have PAS, lol (pattern acquisition syndrome)
    "Let not your heart be disturbed. Do not fear that sickness, nor any other sickness or anguish. Am I not here, who is your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything."

~ Our Lady to Juan Diego, December 9, 1531