Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: PA. State Police Barracks "Ambushed"

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    Yeah me too.

The "Hey, how much is this costing" thing started a few weeks back. From what I understand it is over $10 million and rising.
    I've been reading it cost $1.1 million a DAY.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Sorry for the late reply, I was out keeping the world safe from the evil pheasant horde.

Not far as the crow fly's, about 7 -8 miles through the woods.

I have my doubts though, it is Archery season as well, so what might have been this guy was just a bow hunter, the "mud" on his face just cammo make-up.
    The real question is, did you get a pheasant?
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    thats what i saw as well..
    nemophilist.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    Yeah i read that as well but I think that was inflated, they were bantering back and forth about the amounts and agreed it is in excess of $10 mil.

Who really knows though, could be $20 mil. for all I know.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    The real question is, did you get a pheasant?
    Yes

It is Jr. pheasant now, 16 and under, so there were a few that got away but a few that didn't.

Next week starts the reg. season, I would think the horde will be dwindled quite a bit.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Yes

It is Jr. pheasant now, 16 and under, so there were a few that got away but a few that didn't.

Next week starts the reg. season, I would think the horde will be dwindled quite a bit.
    Good to know that thanks to dedicated people like you, we won't have to worry about a pheasant apocalypse. You have my gratitude.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    Good to know that thanks to dedicated people like you, we won't have to worry about a pheasant apocalypse. You have my gratitude.

No thanks needed. Knowing that everyone is safe and sound is more than payment enough for me and other watchers on the wall.

Do a GoogleEarth search of Paradise Stream Reort and Msgr. McHugh High School, which now sits on our old farm land in Paradise Township. Note the game areas and the density of woods in that area ( and white tails for that matter). It was in the 1940'-50's dense enough for plenty of cover and there is plenty of water. I remember planting one large corn field by hand==. There are still plenty of evergreens up there. Canadensis is the name of a variety of a conifer,hemlock and it is hunting season for the legals.
    overbore

The weather in the area is now getting into serious hypothermia range. IF this guy is still out there (I have my doubts; if he WAS, he may be worm food already) he's unlikely to be above room temperature for long. We've been having temps in the 30's and 40's with sometimes heavy rains...it takes knowledge, GOOD equipment/clothing and a strong consitution to stand that for hours, much less days and nights at a time.

Summerthyme

• Canadensis man targeted repeatedly as Frein suspect

• James Tully of Canadensis, who has to walk to work in the heart of the Eric Frein search area, has been stopped by police more than 20 times, including an encounter Friday night when he says he was roughed by an officer.

• By BETH BRELJE
      Pocono Record Writer

Posted Oct. 20, 2014 @ 10:16 pm
      Updated Oct 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Police searching for Eric Frein have questioned James Tully so many times that he started carrying his driver’s license and work identification on a neck lanyard to prove his identity.
      But that wasn’t enough to keep him from being forced to the ground by gunpoint Friday on Route 447, and being held there, face down in the gravel, by a law enforcement officer driving a knee into his back, Tully said.
      Tully, 39, lives off Snow Hill Road in Canadensis which has been a key area in the search for fugitive Eric Frein, the man accused of ambushing the police barracks In Blooming Grove on Sept. 12, fatally shooting a state trooper and injuring another.
      A father of two, Tully has held a job at J.A. Reinhardt on Spruce Cabin Road, in Mountainhome for more than a year. He keeps up on his child support payments and barely makes the rest of his bills.
      Tully does not own a car. The five-mile walk takes two hours each way. He walks to work in the early afternoon and walks home from midnight until 2 a.m. It hasn't been easy, Tully has a bad knee and sometimes walks with a brace and a limp.
      The walk takes him along Route 447, a hot spot in the search for Frein. Since the search began, Tully has been stopped well over 20 times and questioned by law enforcement officers. Tully says he's been questioned as much as seven times during a round-trip walk to and from work.
      Until Friday, it has usually been the same. Law enforcement rolls up and asks for his name and identification, where he is coming from, where he works, and then they move on. Some have asked him to keep his eyes and ears open for Frein and Tully did report a suspicious person to police once, since the search started.
      Tully left work around midnight Friday and about 25 feet from his job’s driveway, police stopped and questioned him as usual.
      A co-worker saw him and gave him a lift off Spruce Cabin Road to Route 447 where he walked for five minutes before another routine police questioning. He continued on for 10 more minutes and was near Brinkers Bridge near the intersection of Route 447 and Mill Creek Road when a silver SUV stopped.
      "The driver jumped out screaming like a lunatic,” Tully said. He was dressed in camouflage and a tactical vest and had a rifle held high, pointing at Tully.
      He did not see a badge or words on clothing. The man did not identify himself.
      “The only I.D. I saw was the barrel of the gun,” Tully said.
      “He yelled at me to get down on the ground with my arms out wide and he demanded my name.”
      Tully says he complied immediately and that the man drove his knee into Tully’s back and continued to ask his name.
      Tully told him his name over and over and explained that his identification was on the lanyard on his neck but that he was laying on it.
      The law enforcement officer removed the bandana from Tully’s head and then grabbed the lanyard and yanked it off his neck.
      “Good thing it had a break away clasp or he would have choked me.”
      He continued to badger Tully.
      “I will break you right here. What is your name?” the man asked, while still driving a knee into his back, Tully said.
      Tully did not know where the gun was but he was afraid the man would shoot him.
      “From the minute I saw him with that gun I thought, let me survive this.”
      This went on for what seemed like 15 minutes or more when a state trooper who recognized Tully from previous questioning arrived and told the other officer that Tully was telling the truth about his name.
      The trooper held out a hand and helped Tully stand up and helped him gather the items he had been carrying, which were scattered on the ground.
      No one apologized.
      It is unclear what agency the other officer is working with because Tully does not recall seeing any identification on the vehicle or the man’s clothing, and state police did not answer questions about this incident in time for this report.
      The FBI, ATF, and US Marshall service are helping state police in the search.
      “The trooper took a photo of me and my I.D. and said he would show it to searchers in the morning briefing,” Tully said.
      Then, with scrapes and bruising on his bad knee, and pain in his back, Tully limped the rest of the way home.
      He walked to work the next day, and was stopped three times. A trooper strongly advised Tully to find a different way to work, but the only other route for Tully is to walk through the woods. That would be even more suspicious. He cannot afford to give anyone money for gas and his parents, who live in Bushkill, cannot drive at night. He is out of options.
      Tully did not finish his shift because he started to notice pain while breathing. He was taken to the hospital and learned that his ribs are bruised from the encounter.
      He hopes police will pay for the time he had to take off work and for the X-rays and other medical expenses.
      “We understand they have a job to do. Bur there are certain protocols,” said Bob Tully, James Tully’s father. “This guy apparently had delusions of grandeur that he would be the one to catch Frein. We completely commiserate with the police but this guy went full commando on my son.”
      His mother, Linda Waddington Tully, bought a reflective vest, hat and gloves which he will now wear during the walk.
      “Frein isn’t going to be wearing that,” she said. “I believe if not for that state trooper, he could have killed him.”
      James Tully says he is having a hard time sleeping at night and he is nervous to walk to work now.
      “I’m worried about what is going to happen with the next one. Is he going to shoot first and ask questions later?”

- See more at: http://www.poconorecord.com/article/....SWkNBWtT.dpuf