Cranberries are starting to show up in the grocery store here and I have been looking for some interesting things to do with them. I came across this and thought I'd share it. I haven't tried it but it's sounds tasty. Has anyone ever pickled cranberries?

Pickled Cranberries Recipe

This is turkey-ready, gift-pretty, and it will meet just about any holiday need. Not only does this pickle present beautifully, but it lasts a really long time on the shelf – make it in October and it will still look great and taste great in December (or January, or March…). Only you and I need to know how ridiculously simple and fast this is to put together…shhhhh…. The flavor is complex and tangy. I fully heart cranberries in any form.
Pickled Cranberries

• 3 slices fresh ginger
  • 3 1-inch pieces of lemon zest
  • 3 star anise
  • 3 small cinnamon sticks
  • 3 cloves
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
  • About 3 cups fresh cranberries
  • 1 ½ cups sugar
  • ¾ cup distilled white vinegar
  • ¼ cup water

Sort and wash the cranberries, discarding any shriveled or otherwise unappearling fruit.
In the bottom of 3 half-pint jars, place one piece each of the ginger, lemon, star anise, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, and ½ tsp. of the salt. Pack the cranberries tightly into the jar without bruising. If you’re canning this recipe for shelf storage, be sure to leave about a 1/2-inch of headspace at the top.
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar and water over high heat and bring it to a boil. Pour the brine over the cranberries to cover completely, reserving any remaining brine for another use.
Cap and refrigerate or hot water bath process for 15 minutes. Let the pickle sit sit for 5 days or more before eating.
Makes 1 1/2 pints.

http://ksolomon.com/pickled-cranberries-recipe