Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DishNet Subscribers: Say Bye-Bye to CNN, TCM, & Cartoon Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    CNN and TCM are no big loss, but the Cartoon Channel? Oh my...
    How true! I could not go very long without my nightly reruns of 'Family Guy' and the insipid but amusing cartoon with Master Shake, Meatwad and a french fry wrapper of considerable moral presence. The actual title escapes me now.

In spite of my cranky nature, I need to laugh.

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche

Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's so very sad that i know that. Rick and Morty is pretty good also.

Cut the cord three plus years ago...never looking back.
    The Great Way is gateless,
    Approached in a thousand ways.
    Once past this checkpoint
    You stride through the universe.

Cut the cord and save the cash. Only real issue is live sports and there are work arounds for many of those as well. Make sure you have a digital antenna. Also HBO and CBS have in the past week or so announced that they will be offering pure streaming access to their content in the coming year. They seem to have finally figured out that perhaps they can make a few more dollars while saving the consumer a few bucks by cutting out the cable/satellite company middlemen. They haven't announced their prices yet so it may not be a good option but if they price it right they will get a head start on the market and a lot of those so called 200+ channels will find that they are no more as people won't buy their channels.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    Cut the cord and save the cash. Only real issue is live sports and there are work arounds for many of those as well. Make sure you have a digital antenna. Also HBO and CBS have in the past week or so announced that they will be offering pure streaming access to their content in the coming year. They seem to have finally figured out that perhaps they can make a few more dollars while saving the consumer a few bucks by cutting out the cable/satellite company middlemen. They haven't announced their prices yet so it may not be a good option but if they price it right they will get a head start on the market and a lot of those so called 200+ channels will find that they are no more as people won't buy their channels.
    Most of the major sports have streaming options these days. Just check with the sports' sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Most of the major sports have streaming options these days. Just check with the sports' sites.
    Yeah, it is just a couple of the espn (SEC) broadcast that are a pain. What I do know is that by cutting the cable I am saving at least $100 per month and have been for about 5 years now.