Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Shooting at Ottawa's War Memorial, Reports of Shots Fired in Parliment

Default BREAKING: Shooting at Ottawa's War Memorial, Reports of Shots Fired in Parliment

Just now breaking. One soldier injured.

RT @stephen_taylor: Tall thin man with a black and white headscarf is the suspect according to CBC.

RT @Reuters: Canada Prime Minister Stephen Harper safe, has left parliament Hill: TV quoting PM's office
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

RT @pwaldieGLOBE: Tory MP Bob Zimmer tweets that gunman on Parliament Hill has been shot and killed, but that report unverified: CP
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

Wonder why Canada is being targeted and not the US?
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

We's a Muslim country now...
    Careful...the older I get, the less "life sentence" is a deterrent.

Canadian Parliament under lockdown after gunman 'shoots Canadian Forces soldier standing guard at the National War Memorial'

• Soldier's condition is unknown after he was shot at the War Memorial in Ottawa shortly before 10am Wednesday
    • The gunman then headed towards Parliament Hill, where more gunshots were heard
    • Journalists inside the building reported seeing a body on the ground and described the gunman as overweight and wearing a dark jacket

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3GsxFDuYj
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

This follows that hit and run attack on a couple soldiers near Montreal...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Well, this is certainly a rare occurrence. I wonder how long it will be before the spin and BS is out of the way and we will know the what and why? Just the same, these things just don't happen in Ottawa.

The PM was apparently in the area...

CBC: PM Stephen Harper is safe and has left Parliament Hill, spokesman says
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Gunman described alternately as tall and thin, and overweight?

Granted, the first reports are always the most scrambled and confused...

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

described the gunman as overweight and wearing a dark jacket

Tall thin man with a black and white headscarf
    Mistaken identity? Or more than one gunman?

ETA: Simulpost, Hammer.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20