Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: It's a Miracle!!!!! I cut out the offensive part (timbo)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganman View Post
    And the stock market is going UP once again! Thank you president OBunga!!!!
    http://money.cnn.com < FAKE as can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Mehbe it could be made a house rule ....

O.W.
    More rules, less freedom. More rules, less freedom. Yeah that is what we need. Maybe I am weird but if certain words offend you or you need more rules to protect you from being offended, how is that different than all of the BS politically correct crap currently going on in our country, other than being of a different flavor. Maybe that is what most want, not more freedom and less rules but just rules that favor their point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    More rules, less freedom. More rules, less freedom. Yeah that is what we need. Maybe I am weird but if certain words offend you or you need more rules to protect you from being offended, how is that different than all of the BS politically correct crap currently going on in our country, other than being of a different flavor. Maybe that is what most want, not more freedom and less rules but just rules that favor their point of view.
    From my point of view, its not so much as a loss of freedom, but more of showing responsibility when using that freedom.

As an example, yes, we can yell fire while in a theater, but its the wrong place to do it (unless there really is a fire). If I had to go to the ghetto, I'd expect to hear ghetto language. When I come to TTOL, I expect to see discussions of just about any subject presented in more of an ‘uptown’ language.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    Maybe I am weird ....
    Your weirdness isn't related to the discussion ... and I 'spect the speakin of bad words is already addressed with established parameters.

My remark was intended to be a bit on the light heart'd side. Personally, I often find myself unable to satisfactorily express the true degree of my passions with the limited adjectives provided us by Mr. Webster.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by michiganman View Post
    I was loving that.. I lost nothing in the stock market crash because I had no stock.
    My portfolio's at its highest point ever. Which is a good thing considering DW just lost her job.
    12 years. Her entire department = 75 people liquidated.....like our investments will be shortly.

There are many ways to Prep for whatever may occur.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    i find it amusing that at one time i was chastised for using WTF in a thread title on what was at that time described as a "christian board". which out of respect i immediately changed said title and apologized. now a short year or two later OMFG not only gets a pass,its defended.. not sure if that is good or bad,but it does give me a chuckle..
    Sorry to be tardy in this reply, but I meant to reply and it slipped my mind.

You said you had been chastised for using WTF in a post. That makes me wonder why you were allowed to pick the username you have, since the last letter in your user name is the letter "f" and has the same meaning as the "f" in WTF. Doesn't it?

Doesn't 'dilligaf' stand for "Do I look like I give a f---"? It's a common phrase. You reduced it to some kind of anagram.

I wonder why they let you use it to start with. Just sayin' ...

Sorry, I forgot to mention this - the way your username applies to you personally.

Your hair is like the hair that Rastafarians have - long and braided. It's a kind of unconventional look, a rebel look, if you will, as though you, or anyone with hair like that, were saying to society Do I look like etc etc
    Last edited by James; 11-02-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correct 2 spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Sorry to be tardy in this reply, but I meant to reply and it slipped my mind.

You said you had been chastised for using WTF in a post. That makes me wonder why you were allowed to pick the username you have, since the last letter in your user name is the letter "f" and has the same meaning as the "f" in WTF. Doesn't it?

Doesn't 'dilligaf' stand for "Do I look like I give a f---"? It's a common phrase. You reduced it to some kind of anagram.

I wonder why they let you use it to start with. Just sayin' ...
    I never thought of his username like that before. Not sure how many did.

Quote Originally Posted by abvp View Post
    I never thought of his username like that before. Not sure how many did.
    I could be wrong. Maybe it shows the weird way my mind works, or mis-works. But the phrase is a common one, and the letters to his username fit it.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I could be wrong. Maybe it shows the weird way my mind works, or mis-works. But the phrase is a common one, and the letters to his username fit it.
    You could be right.