Thread: Oct. 30 US Market Watch

Exclamation Oct. 30 US Market Watch

Dow futes off 40 just before the open...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Yeah well, it's up 75+ points.

They need to show the market won't crash without the Fed monkeys...so they are having the Fed monkeys pump it up a bit.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    Yeah well, it's up 75+ points.

They need to show the market won't crash without the Fed monkeys...so they are having the Fed monkeys pump it up a bit.
    But the Nasdaq and S&P are both red, and the Dow has slipped to +49...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Why are metals taking such a beating?

AP: US initial jobless claims rise to 287,000 versus 285,000 expectation, remain near 14-year low

AP: US economy grew 3.5% in 3rd quarter versus 3% estimate, boosted by exports and defense spending

Of course, that GDP number is subject to multiple revisions...

Quote Originally Posted by nettled View Post
    Why are metals taking such a beating?
    Gold -23

Silver -1

Not sure why they're down today. Could be the QE withdrawal, but at the same time, commodities including oil have been in the doldrums lately...

US average rate for 30-year fixed mortgage rises to 3.98%, rebounding from last week

Dow +153

Rally on.

Oil resumes slide, down a dollar to 81.14...

Just read that Visa's advance accounts for about 80% of the Dow's gain.

Currently +155

Moonshot!

Dow +231