Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/30: Maine Governor Says Talks With Hickox Have Failed, Will Use Full Extent of Law

Vipper is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

I posted this earlier on another site. I am really concerned by her lack of following rules and she may have done short cuts SHE felt were not needed. Here's what I posted:

I haven't seen this addressed. But it's a fact that many experienced Ebola doctors have stated that 12-13% of people (think min. 12 out of 100) who have gotten Ebola do not get a fever. Some cases never do get a fever from onset to death. So when do they become symptomatic? If she develops fatigue tonight or tomorrow, she can blow it off because of her exercise from her bike ride and justify it to herself, right? She has no fever.She has a little bit of a tummy ache, but she’s still getting use to the American diet again and something didn’t agree with her, right? She has no fever. Etc. etc. etc. If she is one of the twelve who never get a fever, I believe she will go in later for treatment because of reasons like this.
    We cannot solve problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. -- Albert Einstein

Completely agree, Kath! This woman is a loose cannon. And I'm rather surprised (well, maybe not... he IS her boyfriend) her boyfriend is so... whipped... that he essentially has dropped out of nursing school to support her idiocy.

Summerthyme

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Completely agree, Kath! This woman is a loose cannon. And I'm rather surprised (well, maybe not... he IS her boyfriend) her boyfriend is so... whipped... that he essentially has dropped out of nursing school to support her idiocy.

Summerthyme
    Agreed. The smell of money.....

Default Court order

“The first thing the governor has to do, which he has not yet done, is get a court order which requires her to stay in quarantine,” CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said. “There is no court order now. She’s not violating anything by taking a bike ride or leaving her house.”

There’s no guarantee the governor will be able to get a court order, Toobin said, “because, according to the science, she is not in a communicable situation.”

http://wqad.com/2014/10/30/maine-can...bola-concerns/

Have you seen this? I have been watching his channel for some time. Posted for fair use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc9N...VErr8EYxg8t1dQ

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    “The first thing the governor has to do, which he has not yet done, is get a court order which requires her to stay in quarantine,” CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said. “There is no court order now. She’s not violating anything by taking a bike ride or leaving her house.”

There’s no guarantee the governor will be able to get a court order, Toobin said, “because, according to the science, she is not in a communicable situation.”

http://wqad.com/2014/10/30/maine-can...bola-concerns/
    Thanks for the laugh....

If I was home quarantined for 21 days, I probably try to catch up on everything that needs doing, not finish in time, then ask "Can I have another <cough, cough> week?".

Vipper is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Godwit,

I know from experience it's senseless to disagree with you, but....

Court orders are confidential until a verdict is handed down.

ANY
    judge, given this mess to sign off on is going to have to check with his own personal lawyers. Also, his career handlers before giving down a verdict and I am sure he is currently doing that. I would be guessing late tomorrow is the earliest we would hear a response from ANY judge involved. He's probably hoping for the weekend to work this out as it would give him more time. This could be a career nightmare either way he/she decides. If he's wrong, he's out, if he's right, but public sentiment doesn't agree that may also put him on the outs. It's a lose/lose possiblity for his future career. I hope they handed it off to the right one...

Kath
    We cannot solve problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. -- Albert Einstein

Put a bullet in her leg.

That should keep her in a hospital for awhile, and perhaps give her a dose of perspective.

Default Court order

Kaci Hickox Ordered to Stay at Least 3 Feet From Anyone

The state of Maine has been granted a temporary court order restricting the movements of Kaci Hickox.

A judge in Augusta has told her she must agree to active monitoring, coordinate her travel with health authorities, not be present in public places, not leave Fort Kent and stay at least 3 feet from anyone when she does go out.

This is short of the blood test the governor had mentioned and short of mandated quarantine, but there will be some sort of agreement or more substantive order later today.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/kaci-hi...ry?id=26599985

also -- http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...people-n238326

The order applies “until further order of this court” on Friday. The order said that Hickox’s lawyers had agreed that she would follow the instructions until the court weighs in again.