Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What lessons do you take from the Eric Frein capture?

Quote Originally Posted by ractivist View Post
    It's going to be interesting to hear their story summarized. And very surprised they didn't bring him in dead.
    I'm looking forward to the story myself.

.... I can't help but think that in conjunction with initiating the ground search, the "authorities" would have also been pinging his phone .... from the very beginning.

Yeah, looks to make for some amusing reading when someone gets around to publishing facts.

O.W.

It's tough to plan effectively when you're crazy. To plan far enough ahead to foresee to unforeseen.
    His act was an act of passion, born of frustration, disillusion, and angst. His exfil went south when he abandoned his Jeep. Thus began the improvisation.
    Passion clouds one judgment and perceptions. He successful evasion, in my opinion, lacked a dimension of level-headed temperament, akin to one who has has 'seen the elephant'. This was his first rodeo. And by all accounts, he didn't run his out to test its effectiveness.
    He was an amateur and acted like one. A trained professional skilled in all phases of operational acumen would likely still be on the run.

The question was asked, "what can be learned?".

I'll sum it up with one of my favorite lines I ever heard from a movie...

"I tried to imagine a fella smarter than myself. Then I tried to think, "what would he do?" - Gene Hackman, from 'Heist'.

- cryhavoc
    "Before all else, be armed" - Machiavelli

I question that he was located because of his cell phone (he had to have known better). I think he just got tired of playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WolkWalksSoftly View Post
    I question that he was located because of his cell phone (he had to have known better). I think he just got tired of playing the game.
    Very likely what actually happened.

- cryhavoc
    "Before all else, be armed" - Machiavelli

"What is the lesson learned?"

No one is the superhero warrior they think themselves to be.

if you do something as stupid as shoot a cop there is no amount of resources that will be spared to try and apprehend you.

I do find it strange that he turned himself in though. He killed a cop, probably a capital offense in PA and will be served the death penalty. If he even makes it to trial without hanging himself.

Was this not about a love triangle? maybe involving the states law enforcement sex club?
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

cell phone? it was reported last night it was dumb luck. cops were on routine patrol and saw him entering the hanger..

In the end, officers from the U.S. Marshals service on a routine patrol captured Frein at 6 p.m. outside an abandoned aircraft hangar at a shuttered resort in Tannersville, Pennsylvania.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0IJ2SP20141031

WPVI-TV, citing sources, said marshals on routine patrol found him inside the hangar at the old Birchwood-Pocono Airpark
    Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/1...5rbjIOPm8Qg.99

trying to save face by saying they tracked his cell phone now?
    nemophilist.

Money means nothing! Especially when its not yours.