Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: November 21-23: The Weekend Thread -- Groovin' Edition

That's what I was thinking, Groucho. I have some place to be T-Day, but I'm not expecting there will be leftovers to take home, so I planned on cooking something . . . the pork roast is starting to sound like the clear winner this year. I could put it in the slow cooker and not fuss at all.

Yes, when turkey drops a bit, two of them are going in the freezer. I missed the last sale! I had 1/3 of a split hind of beef that I went in with two others on, and there was more meat than we had all planned on.

Yo Hammer!

Don't look now, but for one day only, I like Cincinnati.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    That's what I was thinking, Groucho. I have some place to be T-Day, but I'm not expecting there will be leftovers to take home, so I planned on cooking something . . . the pork roast is starting to sound like the clear winner this year. I could put it in the slow cooker and not fuss at all.

Yes, when turkey drops a bit, two of them are going in the freezer. I missed the last sale! I had 1/3 of a split hind of beef that I went in with two others on, and there was more meat than we had all planned on.
    We're just us two this Thanksgiving..so we got what we like...dark meat! Legs and thighs will be a roasting on Thursday...(well, along with a wing...I love a crunchy wing tip!) Everything except the white breast meat! Works for us!
    Psalms 23:1,2 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdlady View Post
    We're just us two this Thanksgiving..so we got what we like...dark meat!

My kitty likes dark meat, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Yo Hammer!

Don't look now, but for one day only, I like Cincinnati.
    Harrumph...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26