Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Econ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Russian Econ

SoberLook.com ‏@SoberLook 7m7 minutes ago
    Chart: Russian 10 yr government bond yield pushing 12.5% -

News today --

Russia is going into a recession next year -- http://online.wsj.com/articles/russi...ear-1417513889

Falling oil prices have dragged the ruble lower and lower -- http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...ps-on-oil.html

The Russian economy has shrunk to the size of Spain -- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russia...191000983.html

Default is now a possibility that is being discussed -- http://www.marketwatch.com/story/for...oms-2014-12-08

I have not seen any information on political elements rising up in Russia due to current EU/NATO/USA destabilisation efforts. Has anyone else?
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

"I have not seen any information on political elements rising up in Russia due to current EU/NATO/USA destabilisation efforts. Has anyone else?"

They are not going. The government there has immense support right now and the western nations poking at them don't seem to realize that the meddling in the Ukraine and efforts to destroy the Russian economy has galvanized the population and leadership there to the point they will probably not back down even if it it requires a real war. I've got a bad feeling that someday people will look back and view the meddling of the US and Europe in Ukraine as one of the stupidest political moves in history. WWI kind of stupid.
    The truth of all predictions is always in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by manuel o'kelley View Post
    "i have not seen any information on political elements rising up in russia due to current eu/nato/usa destabilisation efforts. Has anyone else?"

they are not going. The government there has immense support right now and the western nations poking at them don't seem to realize that the meddling in the ukraine and efforts to destroy the russian economy has galvanized the population and leadership there to the point they will probably not back down even if it it requires a real war. I've got a bad feeling that someday people will look back and view the meddling of the us and europe in ukraine as one of the stupidest political moves in history. Wwi kind of stupid.
    qft

There are only two types of warriors in this world. Those that serve tyrants and those that serve free men. I have chosen to serve free men, and if we as warriors serve free men, we must love freedom more than we love our own lives. -- Sergeant First Class Stefan Mazak, 5th Special Forces Group

"Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours." – Rich Mullins

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel O'Kelley View Post
    "I have not seen any information on political elements rising up in Russia due to current EU/NATO/USA destabilisation efforts. Has anyone else?"

They are not going. The government there has immense support right now and the western nations poking at them don't seem to realize that the meddling in the Ukraine and efforts to destroy the Russian economy has galvanized the population and leadership there to the point they will probably not back down even if it it requires a real war. I've got a bad feeling that someday people will look back and view the meddling of the US and Europe in Ukraine as one of the stupidest political moves in history. WWI kind of stupid.
    That's about as truthful an assessment of the reality as I've read. Russia is galvanizing while we are dividing. When "it" comes, it will come in a flash and won't be anything but painful... pray, prep and protect...
    I cussed-out a board member, and I didn't even get a T-shirt when I was banned.

Russia's financial markets: the rouble, equities and bonds are sharply down. Here are five charts explaining what is happening in Russia and what to expect next:

http://on.ft.com/1wdKBO0

Russia Begins A $100 Billion Debt Bailout As Its Bonds Face 'Junk' Rating

Russia has begun bailing out the debt of its private and state-run companies and banks, which is denominated in dollars, according to Reuters.

Banks and companies owe a total of $600 billion in foreign debt, of which $100 billion is due next year.
    The value of the ruble has fallen so far, however, that those companies can no longer afford to pay back that debt.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russi...rating-2014-12

We gave our banks $85 billion every month, so this is news?