Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanoi Jane Hopes For Open Dialogue With Vietnam-Era Veterans

Thumbs down Hanoi Jane Hopes For Open Dialogue With Vietnam-Era Veterans

Hanoi Jane Hopes For Open Dialogue With Vietnam-Era Veterans
    Only if she is in an open casket.
    Via Stars and Stripes
    Jane Fonda said she hoped for an open dialogue with veterans after about 50 former military members and supporters protested the actress’s appearance Friday evening at the Weinberg Center for the Arts.
    “Whenever possible I try to sit down with vets and talk with them, because I understand and it makes me sad,” Fonda told a relatively full theater, responding to a submitted question. “It hurts me and it will to my grave that I made a huge, huge mistake that made a lot of people think I was against the soldiers.”
    In 1972 Fonda visited Hanoi, North Vietnam, where she criticized attacks on the dike system along the Red River. A U.S. investigation later revealed the publicity of these bombings as propaganda. Fonda’s statements and a photograph of her sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft battery outraged many Americans and veterans, leading many to call her “Hanoi Jane” and a “traitor.”
    Bob Hartman, an Army veteran who served in Vietnam in 1967 and 1968, said he blamed Fonda for breaking off negotiations among the countries and held her responsible for thousands of American lives.
    “She encouraged North Vietnam to pull away from the negotiations table,” he said, holding a sign outside the Court Street parking garage to protest her presence. “She got Americans killed … and she went to Vietnam to advance her husband’s career
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

She can get bent.

I'm sure the only Vets that would talk with her, are those along the lines of John Kerry...
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    She can get bent.
    60 years too late
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Only if she is in an open casket.
    Funny, reading the title but hadn't got your post yet, her eulogy came to mind.

Whether her actions jeopardized American lives or not, her actions are reprehensible.

That she still commands any audience speaks poorly of our society as well ....

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    I'm sure the only Vets that would talk with her, are those along the lines of John Kerry...
    Their are plenty of ghosts that still call her name

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    Amen.

Hey Jane, meet Mr. Fist. He'd like to talk with you.
    Bitch.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

Oh yeah, Mr. Ax Handle would like to talk with you, too.
    Bitch.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

Talk to the hand, Jane...or The Finger, if you will.

~Gabe