Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Islamic Utopia of California...

California DMV Mishandled Thousands Of Voter Registrations

Just a minor glitch.
    Via Sacramento Bee:
    The California Department of Motor Vehicles on Wednesday said it has discovered it sent the Secretary of State’s Office 23,000 erroneous voter registrations.
    The agency said the errors occurred within the state’s Motor Voter program — which allows eligible applicants getting a driver license to be automatically registered to vote.
    The DMV said the errors stem from technicians toggling between multiple screens and registration information being improperly merged. According to the agency, 1,600 residents did not complete a voter registration affidavit and had their information sent to the secretary of state, which maintains the state’s list of registered voters. The DMV said none of the applicants were undocumented immigrants.
    “We are committed to getting this right and are working closely with the Secretary of State’s office to correct the errors that occurred,” DMV Director Jean Shiomoto said in a statement.
    In some cases, people were registered in the wrong party. Some customers who wished to opt out of the program were added.
    In a letter sent to the Secretary of State Alex Padilla on Wednesday, the department said the inaccurate customer information largely affected “voter preferences such as, vote-by-mail options, language and political party selections.”
    The DMV said it learned of the issues on Aug. 5. After going through 1.4 million customer records, it narrowed the problem to 23,000 people and immediately stopped sending data to the secretary of state’s office.
    The 23,000 customers will soon receive a letter from the DMV notifying them of the problem. “This error was caused by DMV, was not your fault, and DMV sincerely apologizes for this inconvenience,” Shiomoto writes in the letter.
    The DMV has been struggling for months with long wait times and outdated technology. With Democrats’ help in August, the department narrowly dodged a request for an audit into upper-level management.
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

San Francisco officials shut down the city’s $2.2 billion transit terminal Tuesday after discovering a crack in a support beam under a public roof garden.
    The Salesforce Transbay Terminal opened in August after eight years of construction.

The transit hub spans three city blocks and includes a bus deck, a towering sky-lit central entrance hall and a rooftop park with an outdoor amphitheatre.

Officials said Tuesday the Salesforce Transit Center will remain closed while engineers assess the damage and inspect other beams. Buses have been rerouted to a temporary terminal eight blocks away.
    The terminal is managed by the Transbay Joints Power Authority. Executive director Mark Zabaneh said no other damage is suspected.

Visit the USSA News store!

And Typhus, too

California DMV Finds Another 1,500 People It Wrongly Registered to Vote, Among Them Non-Citizen

Posted 4:42 PM, October 8, 2018, by Associated Press, Updated at 06:32PM, October 8, 2018

At least one non-citizen and perhaps many more were improperly registered to vote in California by the Department of Motor Vehicles, prompting the secretary of state to demand a new investigation of the embattled agency Monday.
    The DMV said about 1,500 people may have been incorrectly registered between April 23 and Sept. 25 due to a “processing error.” That includes legal residents who are not citizens, although the DMV says none of the people mistakenly registered are people living in the country illegally.
    One Canadian national who’s lived in the U.S. 31 years told the Los Angeles Times that he knew it was a mistake when he was told he was newly registered to vote.
    “When I saw that card, I just threw it out,” Randall Marquis said. “I know I’m not going to vote. I’m not allowed to vote, it’s stupid that I should be registered to vote.”
    Incorrect registrations will be canceled by the secretary of state, DMV spokeswoman Jessica Gonzalez said.
    She and California Department of Technology Director Amy Tong notified the secretary of state about the problem in a Monday letter. It’s the latest issue the department has reported with its new “motor voter” registration system. Last month, the department announced it may have botched about 23,000 voter registrations due to a separate error.
    “I remain deeply frustrated and disappointed that persistent errors by the DMV and CDT have undermined public confidence,” Secretary of State Alex Padilla wrote in a letter calling for an audit.
    The DMV discovered the errors after the Los Angeles Times inquired about Marquis’ case. The green card holder contacted the Times after he was mistakenly registered when he tried to replace his driver’s license at the DMV, the paper reported .
    The department is working quickly to fix the problem, said DMV Director Jean Shiomoto.
    California’s motor voter law letting residents automatically register to vote took effect in April. Since then, people have newly registered or updated their voter registration more than a million times. The new law is aimed at making it easier for people to register and boosting voter turnout.
    Early voting for the Nov. 6 election began Monday.
    R

Commie school teachers

Written by Dr. Ron Martinelli
    (Dr. Martinelli is a renowned forensic criminologist and a retired police detective with the San Jose Police Department).

As I sit in the LAX terminal after concluding business in downtown Los Angeles for the past two days, I cannot help but reflect upon my journey from a once California native to a new resident of the Great State of Texas and why. You see, in my personal and professional opinion, the once great State of California has, in essence, become a third world country.

“The concept of the “third world” has evolved to describe countries that suffer from low economic development, high levels of poverty and little to no ability to utilize natural or economic resources.” French demographer Alfred Sauvey, 1952.

While the reasons for California’s ever-spiraling downwards status from 1st World economic prominence and prosperity to near 3rd World malaise are many; I will assert that when you combine uber-liberal politicians, with rich elitist Hollywood Celebrities, dotcom CEO billionaires, disengaged millennials and illegal aliens; you in effect create the circumstances where your city or state becomes a 3rd World environment.

The process of California’s demise from the “Golden State” to 3rd World status has been slow but steady; supported and enabled by the aforementioned actors. While much of the legislated changes for the worse have been designed and voted in by politicians in Sacramento; municipal politicians and a complicit uninformed, naïve and entitled voting public must also share the blame. After all, when 51% of those on some type of government subsidy out-vote the 49% of the money earning and taxpaying citizenry, any state is doomed to failure. With California now a “Sanctuary State” and their libtard Democratic state legislature pushing for voting rights for illegal aliens, the state will never recover.

My observations during my short visit to Los Angeles underscored many of the problems Californians are facing as they follow lemming-like their Governor Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown, their Democratic legislators and urban mayors like Eric Garcetti of Los Angeles off the economic cliff.

Literally, nothing substantive is good about L.A. anymore. An ever-growing homeless subculture populates the downtown area. The intoxicated, drug influenced, mentally impaired and criminals are everywhere. They literally surround Civic Center, federal buildings and courts – the so-called foundations and protectors of the Rule of Law and society. How ironic to be surrounded by the failures of these very systems, liberal politicians and judges have created. Isn’t karma interesting to watch in real time?

The homeless, numbering in the thousands, sleep in the shadows of immense, gleaming edifices owned by multi-billion dollar international conglomerates and dotcom corporations. Business executives in Brioni suits and workers quickly pass by the unwashed masses, while holding their noses to screen out the stench of urine and feces. The obvious health and safety hazards to the public are too many to count.

Interconnecting Los Angeles city roadways and state highways designed to transport the commuting, tax-paying public to their job sites are a debacle. The ribbons of roadways are a mess of potholed, weed infested, trash-laden, graffiti vandalized passages filled with vehicles lined up bumper-to-bumper going nowhere fast. These are your tax dollars at work. While California voters grumble and groan, in the end, they just seem to accept their fate as one of the prices to pay for living the California dream.

You see, the working public has no time to get out and protest the outrageous and constant increases in taxes on gas, municipal services, vehicle registrations, rapid transit and a bullet train going nowhere. Only the unemployed, government subsidized masses have time to demonstrate in the streets to ensure that their subsidies continue. Since the liberal politicians in Sacramento know this dynamic and their power base all too well, the taxation without representation continues.

I was staying at a hotel near LAX and my mileage commute to downtown L.A. was a mere twelve miles. However, it took me every bit of one hour and twenty minutes to arrive at my destination. I then paid $20 for the privilege of parking my car in a public lot. Of course, this was after I paid $30 a day to park my rental car at my hotel. Nice. I’m seriously considering Uber next time.

Since I frequently travel throughout California on business, I will tell you that Los Angeles is a mirror image of all of the other large urban cities in the state. I have observed similar and even worse depressed and dysfunctional urban environments in the San Francisco Bay Area, Orange County, San Diego and a number of other cities

California is rapidly becoming a two-tiered society of the very rich and the very poor, similar to the 2nd and 3rd World countries I regularly visit.