Thread: The Walking Dead: Rahm E. Screams At Mental Health Activists

Default The Walking Dead: Rahm E. Screams At Mental Health Activists

Rahm Screams At Mental Health Activists, “YOU’RE GONNA RESPECT ME!”…
    Rahm creates the crisis and manages it, the little people don’t.
    Via Fred Klonsky
    Mental Health Movement members Debbie Delgado and Matt Ginsberg-Jaeckle just confronted Rahm face-to-face about his mental health clinic closures. Rahm was about to address a small room of developers and residents at the Wicker Park field-house. 3 years after he closed half of Chicago’s public mental health clinics, he may have thought the issue had gone away. But then Debbie, sitting in the front row, a few feet from the mayor, stood up to tell her story. She told of losing her son to gun violence.
    She told him how her other son was holding him as he died. She told about how the city’s Northwest Mental Health Clinic in Logan Square saved their lives, helped her and her son deal with the PTSD and depression.
    Then she asked why he took that clinic away from her. Why he closed a clinic and now a bar sits in that space. Why he closed five other mental health clinics. Why he thought she would be able to travel an extra hour past three cemeteries to get to the clinic she was supposed to be transferred to without having an anxiety attack on the way. Why he has left her with no options. Why he has left her with her son closed in, barely leaving the house anymore, refusing to see a new therapist since Rahm Emanuel took away their clinic.
    After trying to keep his cool, he told us that he would speak to us after the event in a separate room. There, we saw the Real Rahm.
    Now off camera, Rahm’s voice raised, his demeanor changed, in no time he was shouting in Matt’s face, nose-to-nose “YOU’RE GONNA RESPECT ME!”[…]
    The Real Rahm accused Debbie and Matt of “creating a circus in there,” to which we responded that two close friends – Mental Health Movement heros Jeannette Hanson and Helen Morley – had lost their lives because of his decision to close their clinics, that there is nothing humorous to us about what we did in there, that we had tried since months before the clinic closures to meet with him, that Helen (who was looking at Rahm from Debbie’s t-shirt) had shouted to him “If you close my clinic I will die” only to die a month after he ignored those shouts.
    When Rahm told Debbie he is going to have the new Commissioner of Public Health personally find her a new mental health clinic to go to, she said “this isn’t about me, this is about all of us, about the movement, about the south and west sides of the city that don’t have mental health now. Don’t try to just fix my situation, re-open all of our clinics.
    Keep reading
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Evil is as Evil does....
    Semper Fi

Jesus Christ is Always Faithful

AMERICANISM
    NOT
    GLOBALISM

Ban GODWIT

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    Evil is as Evil does....
    He's a sociopath, Thank God for vid phones
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Everybody is wrong in this story as best I can tell. Rham forgets that respect is earned, not required. And the people need to understand that it them, not government, that is responsible for their medical care.

Looking at the much bigger picture, multiply this incident by 10,000. What happens when fedgov and local government are unable to fund and subsidize much of what is taken for granted today? The masses will freak out.

mosy of the loony bins have been boarded up ,so certifiably crazy people are expected to get along on govt checks ,begging or possibly even working.
    many of the police/citizen confrontations seem to be with these people who are roaming around while in their own little world.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    mosy of the loony bins have been boarded up ,so certifiably crazy people are expected to get along on govt checks ,begging or possibly even working.
    many of the police/citizen confrontations seem to be with these people who are roaming around while in their own little world.
    Yeah but in many of those cases the loony is the one with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    Everybody is wrong in this story as best I can tell. Rham forgets that respect is earned, not required. And the people need to understand that it them, not government, that is responsible for their medical care.