Page 101 of 141 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1403

Thread: The Hillary Clinton Presidential Thread

Hitlery spend over $2.2 billion of other peoples/corporations money to lose.

Trump spent $300 Million mostly from individual citizens and his own money to win...
    “Blessed are those who, in the face of death, think only about the front sight.” Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Clinton Campaign Diverted Resources to Irrelevant States to Ensure Popular Vote Win

They Were So Sure They Had The Electoral College In The Bag

A new report from Politico Wednesday illustrates the stunning extent to which the campaign of Hillary Clinton was blind to Donald Trump’s potential challenge in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

In a decision that is sure to be second-guessed by political observers for all eternity, interim DNC Chair Donna Brazile hatched a plan to spend money to drive up inner-city turnout in places like Chicago and New Orleans, even though neither Illinois nor Louisiana was remotely competitive, because of fear that Clinton would win the Electoral College vote but lose the popular vote. So confident was the Clinton campaign of their Electoral College win that they refused requests to reallocate resources to places like Michigan because they did not want to risk the public relations nightmare that would come along with losing the popular vote.
    "Millions were approved for transfer from Clinton’s campaign for use by the DNC — which, under a plan devised by Donna Brazile to drum up urban turnout out of fear that Trump would win the popular vote while losing the electoral vote, got dumped into Chicago and New Orleans, far from anywhere that would have made a difference in the election......."
    "It was already November when the campaign finally reached out to the White House to get President Barack Obama into Michigan, a state that he’d worked hard and won by large margins in 2008 and 2012. On the Monday before Election Day, Obama added a stop in Ann Arbor, but that final weekend, the president had played golf on Saturday and made one stop in Orlando on Sunday, not having been asked to do anything else. Michigan senior adviser Steve Neuman had been asking for months to get Obama and the first lady on the ground there. People who asked for Vice President Joe Biden to come in were told that top Clinton aides weren’t clearing those trips......."
    In the end, of course, Clinton ended up winning the popular vote by a relatively comfortable margin, almost the exact same margin that President George W. Bush enjoyed in 2004 when he defeated John Kerry. But abject failure to understand the strategic situation on the ground led to a crushing Electoral College loss.

* It must be noted that Donna Brazile is from New Orleans, and being a wheel in the Democrat party since the Gore campaign, has deep ties in Chicago. Maybe someone should check out the ol' gal's bank account......
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Backstabbing After Hillary's Loss

Political Editors · Dec. 16, 2016

Inevitably, failure to achieve a goal is often followed by a period of questioning, second guessing and maybe even accusations. Currently, the Hillary Clinton campaign team find themselves still wrestling with seeking answers to questions they thoroughly believed they would never have to answer. After Clinton’s stunning election loss, some Team Hillary members have turned on each other. Vanity Fair recently did a story on Clinton’s closest adviser, Huma Abedin, in which one staffer was quoted saying, “[Abedin] was enjoying the red carpet and enjoying the photo spreads much too much in my opinion. She enjoyed being a celebrity too much.”
    A story in Politico noted how several Clinton staffers blamed Robby Mook and his campaign “model” as it evidently became something of a standard by which the campaign determined various strategy decisions. Examples were cited of spending too much time in Democrat strongholds such as New Orleans and Chicago and yet seemingly little effort was put into states like Wisconsin and Michigan that she ended up losing.
    Then there are those wealthy Democrat donors, some of whom are demanding answers and others who have become disillusioned supposedly to the point of leaving politics altogether. This may be understandable as Hillary’s campaign raised well over a billion dollars and yet lost.
    While all these reasons certainly contributed in some degree to her loss, nothing can change the fact that the biggest hurdle for the campaign was Hillary herself. It would be difficult for any campaign to overcome what many Americans saw as one of the most disliked, legally compromised and untrustworthy candidates in the nation’s history. America just didn’t buy what Team Hillary was selling. And now, team members are stabbing each other in the back over it.

Upright: “Democrats who voted for Donald Trump … told pollsters after the election that they thought Hillary Clinton was more interested in putting men in their daughters' bathrooms than in creating jobs. That was not Vladimir Putin convincing them. That was Hillary Clinton failing to convince them. The Clinton campaign ran a campaign for people in skinny jeans and college professors. They were convinced of their dominance until it was too late. But the Democrats would rather blame the Russians than admit just how terrible a candidate Hillary Clinton was.” —Erick Erickson
    Bottom line: “The issue here isn’t who elected Donald Trump. The American people did. The issue is the power of the Russians and presumably others to get into our systems and disrupt what we do. And the deeper issue is we have had an administration … that does nothing. It does absolutely nothing to deter the other power.” —Charles Krauthammer
    Turning the narrative on its head: “I think it’s important to note that on election night we had our guard up for this. We had our crisis action team ready on election night. We did not see anything that amounted to altering ballot counts or degrading the ability to report election results, nothing out of the ordinary.” —Obama’s DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson
    For the record: “We suppose we can understand why one might prefer direct nationwide election by popular vote, but the way to achieve that would be through a constitutional amendment. Good luck with that: It’s unlikely the requisite 38 states would agree to defer to California (where Mrs. Clinton’s margin was more than four million, meaning that Trump ‘won the popular vote’ in the other 49 states combined).” —James Taranto
    Hyperbole: “You get rid of ObamaCare, people are going to die.” —Harry Reid
    And last… “Surely there were alarmists who thought 2016 might end in an undemocratic coup. But who predicted Democratic opinion leaders would be the ones agitating for it?” —Rich Lowry

Hey, Lenno--I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your posts, your sense of humor, your posts, your hilarious attachments, your posts and your uncanny ability to get to the core of things.

Oh, and I also appreciate your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Farp View Post
    Hey, Lenno--I just want to let you know how much I appreciate your posts, your sense of humor, your posts, your hilarious attachments, your posts and your uncanny ability to get to the core of things.

Oh, and I also appreciate your posts.
    I live to serve