Page 102 of 239 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2385

Thread: ISIA: Isis In America

UCLA and California Muslim judge lie about Jihad Watch

August 21, 201612:54 am By Robert Spencer 44 Comments

Here is an interesting letter recently sent to UCLA’s Center for Near Eastern Studies:
    “Lying Muslim Judge,” Islamophilia Watch, August 13, 2016:
    To the Center for Near Eastern Studies, 10286 Bunche Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1480. Tel: 310-825-1181 • Email: cnes@international.ucla.edu
    Dear sir or madam:
    I read with interest the story of a Muslim judge in California on your web site at http://www.international.ucla.edu/cnes/article/163271.
    Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Halim Dhanidina writes that when he was appointed a judge in 2012 the website “Jihad Watch.com” published the news under the headline “Sharia Law Judge Appointed in Mexifornia.”
    I was curious to see what grounds that Islamophobe site could cite for calling Judge Dhanidina “a Sharia law judge”, so I searched for the article, but in vain, alas! On Jihad Watch there was only one mention of “Mexifornia”, but it was in a different story.
    Eventually I found the article using the judge’s name. However the article says nothing about a “Sharia law judge” and nothing about “Mexifornia”. https://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/07/c...71636962890625
    It merely says that as a student, Dhanidina founded a branch of the Muslims Students Association, which is affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, an extremist religious-political organization that has proclaimed that its “work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.”
    Please correct your web site.

Sincerely,
    Zenobia van Dongen

Remark:
    This lying Mohammedan ******* Dhanidina invented a bigoted-sounding headline that combines slurs both against Chicanos and against Mohammedans. This is part of the ceaseless campaign of lies that jihadis constantly spew forth to make people believe that the widespread hatred for Islam is “same hate, different group”, i.e., is just baseless prejudice….
    The idea that the headline “Sharia Law Judge Appointed in Mexifornia” was invented in order to imply that concern about jihad terror is the equivalent of racial prejudice seems eminently plausible — after all, that’s what Hamas-linked CAIR and its allies routinely claim.
    But Dhanidina’s claim that Jihad Watch ever ran such a headline is false. Nor would we ever have. Mexicans in California is not the focus of this site, and the only time the word “Mexifornia” has ever appeared on this site was in a comment not written by me or any other Jihad Watch writer. Here is the proof.
    The only time Halim Dhanidina was mentioned on this site was in connection with his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, which, interestingly enough, UCLA doesn’t mention.
    So will Halim Dhanidina retract his claim about Jihad Watch? Will UCLA correct its article?
    I doubt it. Leftists need have no concern for truth, as they never have any accountability: any lies they tell about those to whom they feel superior morally are acceptable as far as they are concerned.
    Here is the Google Cache of the UCLA page, containing the lie about Jihad Watch.

Here is the UCLA story that prompted the letter above:
    “For Muslim Americans, says L.A. judge, ‘Every time you hit bottom, there’s a new bottom,’” by Peggy McInerny, UCLA International Institute, March 21, 2016:
    Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Halim Dhanidina, the first Muslim judge in the State of California, recently spoke to UCLA students about his career and why he continues to be publicly engaged.
    I think I’m one of six Muslim judges in the country at any level. Once people see you in these positions, it sort of demystifies it — I don’t think that any juror or attorney in my courtroom sees me as a Muslim judge.”…
    By the time he was appointed a judge by California Governor Jerry Brown in 2012, the atmosphere was even more fraught. Two days after the press release announcing his appointment as California’s first Muslim judge was published, for example, he was featured prominently on the website “Jihad Watch.com” under the headline “Sharia Law Judge Appointed in Mexifornia.”
    “It shook me — it was the first time that I heard such negative opinions of me by people I didn’t even know,” he related. Rather than pull back and simply do his job as a legal professional, however, Dhanidina chose to become an active public speaker. He felt a responsibility to provide a counter-narrative to popular rhetoric about Muslims and spoke — and continues to speak — at community groups, schools, law schools, and multicultural and non-denominational groups. It comes as a surprise to many such audiences, he noted ruefully, that he is sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States and knows nothing about Sharia law….
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Virginia: Muslim on FBI Watchlist Yells ‘Allah Akbar’, Tries to Behead Man & Woman in Roanoke

Posted on August 23, 2016 by creeping

Source: FBI Investigating Possible ISIS-Inspired Knife Attack in Virginia – ABC News
    The FBI has launched a federal terrorism investigation into a weekend stabbing in Roanoke, Va., looking at whether the attacker may have been trying to behead his victim in an alleged ISIS-inspired assault, sources tell ABC News.
    Federal authorities have been aware of the alleged attacker, 20-year-old Wasil Farooqui, of the Roanoke area, for some time, sources familiar with the case told ABC News. In the past year, he traveled to Turkey and may have tried to sneak into Syria, where ISIS is recruiting and inspiring sympathizers from across the world, sources said.
    Farooqui was arrested Saturday by Roanoke County Police on charges of assault with malicious wounding, and he’s being held without bond at the Western Virginia Regional Jail, according to the sources and a jail database.
    During the Saturday stabbing, Farooqui allegedly injured a man and woman at an apartment complex in Roanoke, yelling “Allah Akbar” as he attacked them with a knife, sources told ABC News.
    Authorities believe he may have been trying to behead the male victim, who was likely picked at random, ABC News was told.
    Farooqui and his two alleged victims were hospitalized after the attack. Their conditions were not clear.
    “The FBI is working with the Police Department following the incident that occurred on Saturday evening,” the head of the FBI’s Richmond field office, Special Agent In Charge Adam Lee, said in a statement. “While I cannot discuss details of the investigation at this time, I do want to reassure the community that we are working to determine the nature of the incident.”
    ISIS has released several propaganda videos depicting the beheadings of Western journalists and others.

More details: Roanoke County police: suspect yelled “Allah Akbar” during attack
    Roanoke County Police are investigating a reported stabbing at The Pines Apartments in the 4300 block of Banbury Lane. Authorities said dispatch received a call just before 8:00 p.m. that a male and female had been attacked as they entered the apartment building. Both were attacked with a knife and severely injured.
    According to police, the male was able to fight off the attacker who fled the scene. Roanoke County Fire & Rescue transported both victims to a nearby hospital. While officers were at the hospital with the victims, a male identified as 20-year old Wasil Farooqui of Roanoke County, came into the emergency room suffering from injuries of his own said authorities. Police said Farooqui met the description of the suspect in the stabbing.

Whether or not it was ISIS-inspired, it was undoubtedly Islam-inspired. Considering Farooqi was on the FBI’s watch list for some time, it will be hard for the media to deploy the “nothing to do with Islam” meme. Instead, the media is taking a new tactic: NOT REPORTING IT AT ALL.
    A similar media blackout is taking place regarding Muslim refugee rapes of American girls. No mention of the latest jihadi’s immigration status.

Please Share & Help Wake America Up

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Ohio Civil Rights Commission Rejects Complaint Over Muslim Police Cadet’s Hijab

Posted on August 22, 2016 by creeping

Muslim refused to cooperate with Commission personnel. CAIRorists lose!
    Source: FFA – Ohio Civil Rights Commission rejects and repudiates CAIR-OH complaint that Columbus Police unlawfully denied Muslim right to wear hijab while on duty, UPHOLDS police department’s values neutral dress code.
    Ohio Civil Rights Commission rejects and repudiates CAIR-OH complaint that Columbus Police unlawfully denied Muslim right to wear hijab while on duty, UPHOLDS police department’s values neutral dress code.
    Florida Family Association sent out several email alerts that asked people to send emails to encourage Ohio Governor and Civil Rights Commission to uphold Columbus Police Department’s “values neutral dress code” for law enforcement officers. More than 15,000 people sent emails to each commissioner and the governor.
    The last email alert, sent out on August 1, 2016 prompted the Ohio Civil Rights Commission to send a copy of their July 28, 2016 Letter of Determination regarding CAIR-OH’s complaint to Florida Family Association.
    Subject: RE: Ismahan Isse CAIR complaint
    Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 12:47:59 +0000
    To: David Caton
    August 2, 2016
    Dear Mr. Caton,
    Upon the conclusion of our investigation, our Commissioners voted 5-0 on July 28th to dismiss the charge of discrimination based on No Probable Cause to believe the law has been violated. I will send you an electronic copy of our Letter of Determination in this matter in a separate email today.
    G. Michael Payton
    Executive Director
    michael.payton@civ.ohio.gov
    The Ohio Civil Rights Commission Letter of Determination:
    • Affirms the Columbus Police Department’s values neutral dress code.
    • Reports the Muslim cadet never asked to wear a hijab and was therefore not terminated for such issue.
    • Denies all discrimination allegations made by CAIR-OH affidavit.
    Portions of the Ohio Civil Rights Commission Letter of Determination are provided below.
    “On August 20, 2015, Charging Party, Council on American Islamic Relations, Ohio (CAIR-OH), filed an affidavit with the Ohio Civil Rights Commission alleging that Respondent, City of Columbus, Division of Police, engaged in unlawful discriminatory practices. Specifically, CAIR-OH filed a sworn charge alleging a female police cadet, Ismahan Isse, was forced to resign because the police division did not allow her to wear her religiously mandated hijab (headscarf) while on duty. CAIR-OH concurrently alleges Respondent placed a hiring ban on persons who wear a religious headscarf and therefore discriminated against Muslim women due to their sex and religion.
    Despite repeated attempts, the Commission was unable to interview a material witness, Ms. Isse, who refused to cooperate with Commission personnel. Based upon the investigation, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission finds that there is insufficient information to establish that Respondent unlawfully discriminated against Ms. Isse on the basis of sex or religion.
    While witnesses did confirm Ms. Isse expressed concern over the inability to wear a hijab, there is no evidence to suggest Ms. Isse was terminated, constructively discharged or even resigned specifically because Respondent did not allow here to wear the headscarf while in police uniform. Without Ms. Isse’s direct testimony, the Commission must credit Respondent’s witnesses on this point. The witnesses stated Ms. Isse never asked to wear a hijab and did not seek a reasonable accommodation of her religious beliefs. Each witness confirmed Ms. Isse resigned prior to becoming a sworn police officer, citing purely personal reasons for the resignation.
    CAIR-OH also alleges Respondent placed a ban on hiring Muslim women. The Commission’s investigation confirms Respondent does – in fact – hire Muslim women, which is most readily evidenced by the fact that Respondent hired Ismahan Isse. Therefore, the Commission’s investigation uncovered no evidence to substantiate there is a ban on hiring Muslim women.
    The Commission also examined general allegations concerning the alleged discriminatory application of Respondent’s policies. While Respondent did confirm that Ms. Isse was not permitted to wear a headscarf, there is no evidence to suggest she was targeted due to her sex or religion. Respondent is a para-military organization. Respondent has a neutral “Professional Appearance Policy” (Policy No. 11.01). This policy provides that division personnel shall only wear authorized uniform garments. Policy, p.1) Deviations from the Appearance Policy must be approved in advance through the chain of command. (Policy, p.5) Further, Respondent’s witnesses confirmed that religious insignia, such as head coverings, may not be visible on sworn officers while in uniform. Respondent states deviations from the Appearance Policy are categorically denied. Sworn peace officers are mandated to wear designated organization-issued uniforms and emblems for uniformity, safety, and neutrality, which Respondent emphasizes is germane to the position held, despite an employee’s sex or religious affiliation.
    The Commission could find no evidence suggesting employees of one religious preference are favored over another. Nor could the Commission find evidence that Respondent treats males differently from females. There is no evidence to suggest that Ms. Isse requested to wear the hijab as an accommodation of her religious beliefs and was consequently denied. Nor is there evidence to suggest Respondent allowed non-Muslim peace officers the ability to wear headscarves, hats or head coverings, other than those defined in the Professional Appearance Policy, which are permitted only for tactical or weather-related purposes.
    DECISION:
    Based on the investigation conducted in this matter, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission has determined that there is NO PROBABLE CAUSE for the Commission to issue an administrative complaint accusing Respondent of an unlawful discriminatory practice. Consequently, the Commission hereby orders that this matter be DISMISSED.

Virginia: Muslim on FBI Watchlist Yells ‘Allah Akbar’, Tries to Behead Man & Woman in Roanoke

Posted on August 23, 2016 by creeping

Source: FBI Investigating Possible ISIS-Inspired Knife Attack in Virginia – ABC News
    The FBI has launched a federal terrorism investigation into a weekend stabbing in Roanoke, Va., looking at whether the attacker may have been trying to behead his victim in an alleged ISIS-inspired assault, sources tell ABC News.
    Federal authorities have been aware of the alleged attacker, 20-year-old Wasil Farooqui, of the Roanoke area, for some time, sources familiar with the case told ABC News. In the past year, he traveled to Turkey and may have tried to sneak into Syria, where ISIS is recruiting and inspiring sympathizers from across the world, sources said.
    Farooqui was arrested Saturday by Roanoke County Police on charges of assault with malicious wounding, and he’s being held without bond at the Western Virginia Regional Jail, according to the sources and a jail database.
    During the Saturday stabbing, Farooqui allegedly injured a man and woman at an apartment complex in Roanoke, yelling “Allah Akbar” as he attacked them with a knife, sources told ABC News.
    Authorities believe he may have been trying to behead the male victim, who was likely picked at random, ABC News was told.
    Farooqui and his two alleged victims were hospitalized after the attack. Their conditions were not clear.
    “The FBI is working with the Police Department following the incident that occurred on Saturday evening,” the head of the FBI’s Richmond field office, Special Agent In Charge Adam Lee, said in a statement. “While I cannot discuss details of the investigation at this time, I do want to reassure the community that we are working to determine the nature of the incident.”
    ISIS has released several propaganda videos depicting the beheadings of Western journalists and others.

More details: Roanoke County police: suspect yelled “Allah Akbar” during attack
    Roanoke County Police are investigating a reported stabbing at The Pines Apartments in the 4300 block of Banbury Lane. Authorities said dispatch received a call just before 8:00 p.m. that a male and female had been attacked as they entered the apartment building. Both were attacked with a knife and severely injured.
    According to police, the male was able to fight off the attacker who fled the scene. Roanoke County Fire & Rescue transported both victims to a nearby hospital. While officers were at the hospital with the victims, a male identified as 20-year old Wasil Farooqui of Roanoke County, came into the emergency room suffering from injuries of his own said authorities. Police said Farooqui met the description of the suspect in the stabbing.

Whether or not it was ISIS-inspired, it was undoubtedly Islam-inspired. Considering Farooqi was on the FBI’s watch list for some time, it will be hard for the media to deploy the “nothing to do with Islam” meme. Instead, the media is taking a new tactic: NOT REPORTING IT AT ALL.
    A similar media blackout is taking place regarding Muslim refugee rapes of American girls. No mention of the latest jihadi’s immigration status.

Sweden: 40 sexual assaults at music festival, all by Muslim migrants

August 23, 2016 9:28 am By Robert Spencer 13 Comments
    The seizure of Infidel girls and their use as sex slaves is sanctioned in the Qur’an. According to Islamic law, Muslim men can take “captives of the right hand” (Qur’an 4:3, 4:24, 33:50). The Qur’an says: “O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful to you your wives to whom you have paid their dowries, and […]

Report: 30k Illegal Immigrants Came From Countries of Terrorist Concern

By Tyler O'Neil August 22, 2016
    chat 55 comments

Report: 30k Illegal Immigrants Came From Countries of Terrorist Concern
    Shutterstock Photo of the border between the United States and Mexico.

In 2015 alone, over 30,000 illegal immigrants from "countries of terrorist concern" entered the United States through the southwestern border with Mexico, Department of Defense Southern Command (Southcom) spokeswoman Army Col. Lisa A. Garcia told the Washington Free Beacon on Monday.
    "Networks that specialize in smuggling individuals from regions of terrorist concern, mainly from the Afghanistan-Pakistan region, the Middle East, and East Africa, are indeed a concern for Southcom and other interagency security partners who support our country's national security," Garcia said. "There are major hubs that serve as entry points into the region for migrants from those areas of concern attempting to enter the U.S. along our border with Mexico."
    Garcia reported that in 2015 alone, "we saw a total of 331,000 migrants enter the southwestern border between the U.S. and Mexico, of that we estimate more than 30,000 of these were from countries of terrorist concern."
    She explained a new Southcom report found that Sunni extremists are infiltrating the United States with the help of alien smugglers in South America and are crossing the border with ease.
    Sponsored

While many American security officials and private security experts have dismissed the idea that terrorists exploit alien smuggling networks as a myth, the report revealed terrifying evidence that Islamist infiltration may already have occurred.
    "This makes the case for Trump's wall," a security official noted in the report. "These guys are doing whatever they want to get in the country."
    The Washington Free Beacon's Bill Gertz also quoted Southcom commander Adm. Kurt Tidd, who warned that a lack of information is hampering security efforts against alien smuggling. "Our ability to track people moving through transportation systems is an area that we must continue to devote efforts on, and the ease with which human traffickers are able to use our transportation systems to move people through the networks relatively undetected should give us all concern."
    The threat does not come from new relationships between Sunni extremists and alien smugglers, but from increased use of already existing networks, explained Joel Vargas, head of Continent Security Services and a consultant to law enforcement agencies. In an email statement, he warned that "existing smuggling networks from Central America are increasing their access."

"Our Sunni illegal migration coming from [Latin America] is very small," Vargas admitted. But "on the other hand, they can use the networks set up by the Shia." He reported that law enforcement agencies have intercepted immigrants coming from Asia but have not been able to determine if they are extremists.

ISIS Video Threatens San Francisco, Shows Golden Gate and Skyscraper

Next Page: Hezbollah in Latin America?
    Vargas authored a report warning that the Iran-backed Shiite terror group Hezbollah has ties to Latin America through Lebanese expatriates. The terror group recently increased its supply of arms and training to various groups in the region. "Hezbollah's current goals appear to be focused on accruing resources rather than conducting offensive operations, however the group's growing capabilities are still a clear threat to regional U.S. interests," according to the report.
    Sponsored

"Iran's involvement in Latin America is also increasing, and Hezbollah will likely be able to use these budding political and economic ties as cover for its operations."
    Vargas pointed to Guatemala as a weak link for security services, noting that a sophisticated smuggling operation in that country has been capable of moving immigrants into the United States from Africa and other countries for the past six years.
    This bolsters a June report from the Washington Times that an immigrant-smuggling network centered in Brazil helped sneak illegal aliens from Middle Eastern countries to the U.S., including at least one Afghan with links to a terror plot in North America. At least a dozen Middle Easterners reached the Americas through this smuggling ring, including Palestinians and Pakistanis.
    Illegal immigration to the United States can cost $400 per person. The price includes transportation, smuggling contacts, and instructions on how to cross the U.S. border illegally.
    National Intelligence Director James Clapper testified in February that Islamic State terrorists would try to infiltrate the U.S. by posing as immigrants. He warned that they have already taken "advantage of the torrent of migrants to insert operatives into that flow," and "are pretty skilled at phony passports so they can travel ostensibly as legitimate travelers as well."
    This report proves that conservative worry about terrorists posing as immigrants is indeed justified, and that Trump's suggestion of building a wall across the southern border is less far-fetched than many thought. Even so, no one policy is a silver bullet.

Maine: Muslim Refugee Collected Welfare for 4 Years While Becoming Islamic Terrorist

Posted on August 24, 2016 by creeping
    I.e., studying the life of Mohammad and reading the Koran. An update on this post.

Source: Welfare for ISIS: The outrageous case of Iranian refugee Adnan Fazeli | Boston Herald
    An Iranian refugee receiving welfare benefits in Maine while becoming self-radicalized before he fought and died for ISIS has an enraged Gov. Paul R. LePage calling for a sweep of all such taxpayer-funded payouts in his state and nationwide.
    Adnan Fazeli, 38, came to Freeport, Maine, in 2009 and was killed last year on the battlefield in Lebanon after abandoning his wife and three kids to join the terror army, according to federal court documents unsealed this week.
    The family’s food stamps and welfare checks were cut off in 2013, Maine officials told the Herald, after Fazeli left the state for Turkey in his quest to join ISIS.
    LePage said the stunning news of an Islamic State convert in his midst has left him “embarrassed” and outraged at President Obama’s “failed” vetting of immigrants, adding he’s fed up with states like his being left to deal with the refugee crisis.
    “If people need to eat, I’ll feed them. But I want to keep Americans safe,” LePage said. “This is very embarrassing to the state of Maine, and I point the finger at the president and say, ‘How did this happen?’ If the federal government doesn’t do their job we don’t know what we’re getting.”
    Fazeli became radicalized over the internet while living in the U.S., according to an affidavit written by George Loder, a state police detective on an FBI task force, who spoke to unnamed informants.
    Fazeli was killed Jan. 23, 2015, while fighting alongside 150 ISIS militants during a battle near the Christian town of Ras Baalbek in Lebanon near Syria, according to court records.
    Maine officials said Fazeli was on food stamps and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families for at least four years until 2013. LePage said he is now calling for a review of all such benefits in his state. He also said Fazeli’s wife is no longer in Maine.
    “I’m having (the Maine Department of Health and Human Services) look at our welfare rolls closer,” LePage said. “All the other states should look at the eligibility, too.”
    He said the immigration issue is “a personal one” that has haunted him since Mohamed Atta — one of the ringleaders of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks — flew to Logan International Airport out of Portland, Maine. LePage was the general manager of Marden’s, a discount store where Atta was seen shopping.
    The governor also noted brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon bombers, were also self-radicalized while on welfare.
    “Asylum seekers come here and we have to put them up, but the federal government is in control,” LePage said. “Once they get here I can’t do anything about it. Obama says it’s my problem.
    Mohamed Atta came through Maine,” he added. “I’m worried. Absolutely. … I looked back and saw Atta on video shopping and he was the worst. Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the 9/11 attacks.”
    LePage lashed out at Obama, saying the administration’s immigration policies “have been an utter failure and continue to jeopardize the safety of millions of Americans.”
    Authorities said Fazeli came to Maine through Catholic Charities Refugee and Immigration Services, but a spokeswoman for the charity said they had nothing to do with his arrival in Freeport and that he sought them out for assistance.

Muslims are the biggest threat to Muslims, contrary to Obama and Islamophobia narrative

August 24, 20162:35 pm By Christine Williams 7 Comments
    In September 2014, Obama stated that “ISIL is not “Islamic.” No religion condones the killing of innocents. And the vast majority of ISIL’s victims have been Muslim”. The falsehood of that statement is ludicrous as Muslims killing Muslims is a long tragic practice. Published in an article by the Asian Image, a news site for British Muslims and Hindus…..
    “So, whilst we may well moan of Islamophobia, let’s face it, the biggest threat to Muslims are in fact other Muslims.” Glasgow shopkeeper Asad Shah was murdered for “disrespecting Islam” and then there was the killing of a Rochdale Muslim leader by fellow Muslims for “practicing black magic”.
    If Muslims are to be concerned about being victimized, they need to look in their own backyard as muslim-on-muslim attacks are deemed to be a much bigger threat than the invented term ‘Islamophobia’. Some Muslims just don’t think other Muslims are Muslim enough so they kill them and/or marginalize them.….
    “As a Muslim you are more likely to be abused for your belief by another Muslim on social media than you are from a non-Muslim.”
    The fact is that Muslims are killing Muslims in droves, but Israel and Westerners get condemned. Since 1948 over 10-million Muslims have been killed by Muslims. The propaganda about islamophobia is glaring and clearly an agenda-driven tool to subjugate Westerners into dhimmitude.

“Muslim on Muslim hatred is far more of a problem than hatred against non-Muslims”, Asian Image, by Amjad Malik, August 23, 2016:
    The idea that one deserves to die for blasphemy is something that has been common in Muslim culture for many years.
    Recently, Tanveer Ahmed was sentenced for the brutal murder of Asad Shah. The case heard that Ahmed was incensed over the beliefs held by Mr Shah. He then travelled to Glasgow to brutally murder the family man and shopkeeper.
    What was shocking was he held no remorse for the killing.
    This belief that one will be rewarded in the afterlife for upholding the name of Islam in this way is clearly a major issue within the Muslim community not only here but worldwide.
    Individuals are being taught that blasphemy should be punishable by death. Speaking up against such incidents is the job of all the imams and religious leaders in this country. But you are unlikely to hear clear condemnations.
    To condemn this is to some way suggest that you agree with the opposing view.
    Which isn’t the case at all but you will find most Muslims will not publicly speak up about blasphemy in case they themselves get drawn into the argument. It is an argument you are unlikely to win.
    In this case Ahmed clearly did not feel that Mr Shah had the right to follow his own beliefs.
    Sadly, I have spoken to many people who do agree with that.
    You have Imams and religious leaders who will publicly talk of Islam being a religion of peace but privately condone the killing of individuals who are deemed to have blasphemed. Even if the case is unclear we will condemn them.
    What is just as worrying is that in the UK we now have groups and individuals who are have learnt the benefit of keeping quiet on particular issues.
    This is not just a Muslim problem though as all religions have similar questions to answer.
    As a Muslim you are more likely to be abused for your belief by another Muslim on social media than you are from a non-Muslim. This can be anything from Eid celebrations to simply commemorating the Prophet’s birthday.
    One only has to view the opinions of the next generation of ‘Islamic experts’ on social media who will spend hours and days encouraging their army of followers to spread this narrative.
    This is not just a male thing either. It is clear that women are as equally prone to this idea that they must abuse others who do not follow the ‘correct path.’ We Muslims have become obsessed with pointing out minor differences and the belief prevails that one is more superior than the next person because one follows a different school of thought.
    And whilst we may well like to highlight the rampant Islamophobia, you are unlikely to say anything of the religious schools of thought and organisations that clearly are teaching young children that they are inherently better Muslims than others in their own community…
    …We have groups and schools who receive public money and are following set beliefs that hammer home the message that one is more of a Muslim because one follows a particular Islamic theology.
    These are not extremists. Publicly not anyway.
    So, whilst we may well moan of Islamophobia, let’s face it, the biggest threat to Muslims are in fact other Muslims…