Thread: another prep failure tonight

Default another prep failure tonight

I realized that all my extra sewing machine needles were at the BOL. I thought no problem, I'll just go to the Walmart in the next town over and I'll write a check as my cash is low. While I was there I decided to pick up some lunchmeat too. Well when I got to the checkout lane the machine wouldn't read my check. I asked what the total would be if he took the lunch meat off and I had to pay cash.

not related to the needles, or sewing, was they had some royal purple synthetic oil on sale, about half price. I didn't get it because it was the wrong viscosity for my truck. Now I know I couldn't have paid for it anyway. FYI.

My prep failures:

1. None of the heirloom seeds soaking in paper towels on the kitchen window germinated. I'll try another sample, but I may have lost all of my tomatoes from two years ago. I didn't grow any heirlooms last summer due to time. Likely cause: improper storage. They were in a kitchen cupboard and may have gotten too warm. From here on out, they will be kept in the basement.

2. I may have lost about 1/4 of my seed potatoes, also due to improper storage. They were in the basement but they should've been separated better. They were in a crate and the bottom row is rotten.

I can recover pretty easily now, but it's good to make changes before things get tight.