Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pataki calls on GOP candidates to denounce Trump comments

Quote Originally Posted by PatDaly View Post
    You do realize Ross Perot would have been your president in 1992 if he had intended to win, right?

Trumps best bet is to run over the Republican field................
    I don't think he will get the chance. The republicans are shaking in their rino/neocon boots over this guy. Trump is destroying the moderate republican image these guys have been working on. Trump will either come across as a great populist or a train wreck.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaslil View Post
    I don't think so Pat. What you need to know up north is there will always be people in the South who will vote Democrat I majored in political science for five years in three different universities and can tell you there are people here to this day that still remember RECONSTRUCTION. They'd die before voting for a Republican. (one of the reasons it's something of a miracle Texas is now red because of Reagan,.( I'm now what is called a "Reagan Democrat.".)

The South suffered terribly under Reconstruction after the Civil War. Most of our courthouses across the
    south burned because carpet baggers from up North and scaliwags who were our neighbors killed us and stole our land and wanted to cloud the titles to the land. My own family spent years trying to reclaim our land. On the other hand there are still Republicans who would still like to punish the South although Lincoln, to his credit, said he didn't want to punish the South after the War. FWIW, we may get the last laugh. We no longer say: Save your Confederate money ,the South may rise again. I took a hundred years, but we're there..
    My grandmother who died in the 1990's still would not ride in a Lincoln. The current folks incharge of the Republican party pushing Lincoln down here is a mistake. There is the history we are taught at school and there is the history we teach at home.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

I wish you'd stop the "no chance " nonsense or at least add "in my opinion" which would likely be closer to the truth. I suppose you prefer another empty suit?

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    Okay....so where is the media outrage?

Quoting Obama......And this just in: President Obama, in Tennessee, called for a smart legal immigration system “that doesn’t separate families but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are, you know, gang-bangers, who are criminals that we’re deporting as quickly as possible.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-boosting-him/

...the Democratic candidate could eat a live baby on national television, proclaim fealty to Cthulhu, and threaten to incinerate Topeka with cleansing nuclear flame and the media will still be in his camp at the end. No matter how corrupt (Clinton), crazy (Sanders), commie (Warren) the Democrat is, they’re getting all the media love in the end.
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/02/...a-republicans/
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Probably because he had a big money making project to do. You see business people understand that the best revenge is to live well, not just for themselves, but for all the people that depend on them. I'm thinking he has his priorities. Maybe he can lead this country back to prosperity with that mind set.
    Oh I am glad you could explain that to me.

Actually, I did some research and found out it had more to do with his TV show being picked back up. At the time, there was a chance it would not be. What better way to garner more attention than pretend to run for POTUS?

So yeah, it did have to do with a money making venture, albeit probably not for the altruistic reasons that you place on him.

This is one advantage that people in the North East have over the rest of you regarding him, we have seen him a LOT more and have seen all of his transformations. Ya just never know what PT Barn...er I mean Trump you are going to get.

Don't get me wrong, spitting in the eye of the establishment is fun to watch but in the end, for him anyway, it's just part of the show.

We know (or at least think we do) where he stands on a few issues, the populist ones.

But where does he stand on the "Meat" issues?

The "Freedom Act" - From what I can tell he is for it.
    The NDAA- Not sure he even knows what the heck it is, not very sexy.
    We know he claims to be against gun control, except "Assault Weapons" , he does not want you to have them.
    His position on taxes is vague at very best.
    Has said NOTHING about TPP.
    Very vague on the debt issue.
    Nothing about closing down Govt. agencies, some talk about bloated Govt. But nothing of any real substance.

But by all means keep him in there, a thumb in the eye of the RINO scum is good. Just don't expect that this is anything more than a very rich guy who loves attention and just loves being in the center ring. Just remember, a sucker is born every minute.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    My grandmother who died in the 1990's still would not ride in a Lincoln. The current folks incharge of the Republican party pushing Lincoln down here is a mistake. There is the history we are taught at school and there is the history we teach at home.
    That's really funny about your grandmother.

You are correct about the history. Winners get to write the history books. We have to keep the truth alive with an oral tradition. It's one of the main reasons Texas has no race riots. We know what happened and we've told it for years.

I must have read dozens of accounts of how Texans were rather fond of lynching blacks after the War,. (They've been fanning the race card for a long time)
    They never tell the entire story. The truth is Texas is prosperous because of many blacks. The North promised them forty acres and a mule. They got neither. It's estimated that as many as 50,000 died of starvation and disease on the roads of the South. Many of our families here who came from the deep South knew about that horror and they knew there was no way blacks could survive without the plantations. No plan with which to make provision for them. And so we brought our slaves with us to Texas. Many wagon loads of them. Now free, many of them became some of our most revered and beloved citizens. Almost every town in Texas has monuments and statues to the many black cowboys who braved the Chism Trail to herd as many as 900 scrawney head of cattle at a time north to Kansas. Cattle that had been rounded up in Mexico. 900 head driven for three days without water. No one thought they could make it to water, but John Chism did. He had faith in the black cowboys. They not only made it ,but started the most incredible industry Texas had ever seen.
    )
    Charles Goodnight and his partner Oliver Loving are buried in Weatherford, Tx.( our town's cemetery along with Bose Ikard. One of the black cowboys) Oliver Loving was killed by Comanchees on that trail and after that Charles Goodnight partnered with John Chism. John Chism was married to a black woman.

Larry McMurtry told their story in his novel, "Lonesome Dove."

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    Oh I am glad you could explain that to me.

Actually, I did some research and found out it had more to do with his TV show being picked back up. At the time, there was a chance it would not be. What better way to garner more attention than pretend to run for POTUS?

So yeah, it did have to do with a money making venture, albeit probably not for the altruistic reasons that you place on him.

This is one advantage that people in the North East have over the rest of you regarding him, we have seen him a LOT more and have seen all of his transformations. Ya just never know what PT Barn...er I mean Trump you are going to get.

Don't get me wrong, spitting in the eye of the establishment is fun to watch but in the end, for him anyway, it's just part of the show.

We know (or at least think we do) where he stands on a few issues, the populist ones.

But where does he stand on the "Meat" issues?

The "Freedom Act" - From what I can tell he is for it.
    The NDAA- Not sure he even knows what the heck it is, not very sexy.
    We know he claims to be against gun control, except "Assault Weapons" , he does not want you to have them.
    His position on taxes is vague at very best.
    Has said NOTHING about TPP.
    Very vague on the debt issue.
    Nothing about closing down Govt. agencies, some talk about bloated Govt. But nothing of any real substance.

But by all means keep him in there, a thumb in the eye of the RINO scum is good. Just don't expect that this is anything more than a very rich guy who loves attention and just loves being in the center ring. Just remember, a sucker is born every minute.
    I never said he was altruistic. He's a capitalist. Nothing altruistic about capitalism, but so far it's the best system we've found for an equitable way of sharing wealth with as many as possible.

I never said he was altruistic. He's a capitalist. Nothing altruistic about capitalism, but so far it's the best system we've found for an equitable way of sharing wealth with as many as possible.
    No you mentioned " All the people that depend on him" That would denote motives other than that.

I am all for being capitalist, no need to explain that to me.

BTW, still waiting for the explanation of how I took his words out of context regarding "Assault Weapons". Whenever you feel ready of course.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    No you mentioned " All the people that depend on him" That would denote motives other than that.

I am all for being capitalist, no need to explain that to me.

BTW, still waiting for the explanation of how I took his words out of context regarding "Assault Weapons". Whenever you feel ready of course.
    I think maybe we're of different generations. People my age have always thought assault weapons meant fully automatic weapons. (since all this nonsense started.) I'm not sure Trump knew what he was talking about ."Assault weapons" or Full- auto weapons are already against the law unless one wants to pay 200.00 for a permit. I'm of the "shall not be infringed" crowd except the gang bangers now have fully automatic weapons here in Texas. They can take theirs for all I care.

I think maybe we're of different generations. People my age have always thought assault weapons meant fully automatic weapons. (since all this nonsense started.) I'm not sure Trump knew what he was talking about ."Assault weapons" or Full- auto weapons are already against the law unless one wants to pay 200.00 for a permit. I'm of the "shall not be infringed" crowd except the gang bangers now have fully automatic weapons here in Texas. They can take theirs for all I care.
    Not buying that.
    Anyone who pay's attention knows what they meant regarding "Assault Weapons" . And even if ( and that's a really BIG if) Trump didn't know, would you want someone so ignorant of facts regarding the 2nd to be POTUS?

And if that were true, Full Auto's were not legal without the $200 fee so why mention them?

Nah, not buying that line of Bovine Scatology either.

Gang bangers should not have full auto's, I agree, however they do and so should you and I as a means of defense.

So to sum up, nothing was taken out of context now was it?