Thread: Amazon owned by big pharma now? (animal medicine)

Default Amazon owned by big pharma now? (animal medicine)

I don't post much here,simply read to help stay informed. I realize that this probably belongs in
    another section but I posted it here for a bit of eyeball time and maybe some of the more Inet savvy folks can further research what I have found. Mods move it if necessary.

We have seven dogs and several cats, and for a number of years used a generic brand of a product called capstar (nitepyram) for flea and tick removal from Amazon's sellars. Sold across multiple vendors,from various parts of the country. The brand name is expensive, and like most folks, we researched to find generics of the same item cheaper. For the last sixish years we were able to find them on avg. about 1/3 for cost. When we went to reup our supply last week we could not find ANY of those cheaper generics, save a few from the big drug companies that supply the brand name. Many of those same seller's pages, were still on amazon, yet all of those specific products no longer existed. After lot's of direct emails with no answer, we finally had one of the smaller pet product supplier's reply that amazon has in fact removed all of that product not produced through one of the big pharma companies, at prices that are far above the smaller outfits products I might add.

I am not looking for a different solution, we have found what works for us, but I would sure appreciate any displeasure you might send amazon's way with regards to this kind of predatory pricing. Will it make a difference? I'm skeptical but I can't help but try. Thanks for the read.

No. Amazon is not owned by the big pharmas.

Try newegg. I have found that some products discontinued by Amazon are carried by them.