Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Why is Trump's lead going down?

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Actually...I didn't give your question any thought....just an eye roll and a face palm.....
    The fact that you are unwilling to directly answer the question is a revealing enough answer in itself.

duped somehow? sorry!

It’s time for Americans to ready their hearts and minds to once again elect a president. WWJD?

Can anyone here imagine Christ Jesus casting His vote for any man, woman, or thing that would support abortion-on-demand up to and including the twentieth week of pregnancy? I’m hearing this is the most any GOP candidate dare stand for in 2016. Or, that would concede that homosexual marriage must be recognized by these United States? Again, the stance expected of any GOP candidate. And while few might accede to it here, I cannot see Christ voting for any candidate that would allow much of what we do in the name of almighty and hallowed capitalism to continue as-is.

I see one political lesson throughout the Holy Bible – human government fails. It fails badly. Horribly. It is not to be trusted. Even the government among God’s chosen people failed miserably because fallen man cannot choose well. He is vulnerable to pride and greed, to wanting accolade and seeking revenge. And then, they wanted to leap from frying pan to fire by naming a man among them king. By the time Christ walked the earth, the civil and religious leadership had so contrived to line their own pockets and esteem at the expense of the people they were to serve that they nailed their long-awaited Messiah to the Cross rather than be humbled to repentance. Man always makes a mess of it. Yes, God can use governments led by fallen man and He does so for His purposes, but it is not His ideal. One day we will be glorified, thus fit to rule and reign with Christ, but even the best of us are far from it today.

We imagine much about our nation that is not so, going all the way back to the beginning of it. The founding fathers of this nation were deists with a few Christians among them. The very same Thomas Paine whose Common Sense spurred the nation to revolution penned The Age of Reason, a treatise seeking to disprove the Holy Bible as inspired (and his is that ‘Age of Reason’ referenced on those hated Georgia Guidestones). A few days or week ago someone here posted a link to quotes by founding fathers as evidence of their Christianity, but if read carefully most (with a few notable exceptions) gave only acceptance of a general God and to Christ’s moral teachings – the same classic deism that led Jefferson to edit his ‘gospel’ with all miracles and references to Christ’s deity x-acto’d out (for Jefferson saw Jesus as a good moral teacher, period). Those are the principles of the founders of this nation, upon which our founding documents and laws are based.

So, no, I don’t think Jesus would vote in the upcoming election. I also don’t think He would have joined the Moral Majority 35 years ago and encouraged the church to hitch its wagon to the Republicans in hopes of somehow righting the nation by the ballot box rather than the prayer closet. But, that’s the route most American Christians took, more often than not led by their pastors to go there. I am ashamed to have fallen for it almost twenty years (1984-2003), but I did. It’s what sent this nation into the fire. I’m convinced of it. We might pull out of this fiscal mess, but the spiritual mess this country is in will only deepen. There is always a chance of revival, but it doesn’t seem likely . . . but bottom line, Jesus would be focused on hearts and lives not parties and platforms. He would draw people to Himself, and those who found Him would not be concerned much about anything in this world but be focused on building the kingdom, on loving and serving Christ, one another, and others, as we should be in the midst of a fallen world with only one real need -- JESUS.

JMHO. YMMV. BTA.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

If you think the Messiah would vote, period, you've missed the mark, absolutely.
    And, what Messiah would do is exactly what every individual claiming allegiance to Him should do, under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish
    It’s time for Americans to ready their hearts and minds to once again elect a president. WWJD?

Can anyone here imagine Christ Jesus casting His vote for any man, woman, or thing that would support abortion-on-demand up to and including the twentieth week of pregnancy? I’m hearing this is the most any GOP candidate dare stand for in 2016. Or, that would concede that homosexual marriage must be recognized by these United States? Again, the stance expected of any GOP candidate. And while few might accede to it here, I cannot see Christ voting for any candidate that would allow much of what we do in the name of almighty and hallowed capitalism to continue as-is.

I see one political lesson throughout the Holy Bible – human government fails. It fails badly. Horribly. It is not to be trusted. Even the government among God’s chosen people failed miserably because fallen man cannot choose well. He is vulnerable to pride and greed, to wanting accolade and seeking revenge. And then, they wanted to leap from frying pan to fire by naming a man among them king. By the time Christ walked the earth, the civil and religious leadership had so contrived to line their own pockets and esteem at the expense of the people they were to serve that they nailed their long-awaited Messiah to the Cross rather than be humbled to repentance. Man always makes a mess of it. Yes, God can use governments led by fallen man and He does so for His purposes, but it is not His ideal. One day we will be glorified, thus fit to rule and reign with Christ, but even the best of us are far from it today.

We imagine much about our nation that is not so, going all the way back to the beginning of it. The founding fathers of this nation were deists with a few Christians among them. The very same Thomas Paine whose Common Sense spurred the nation to revolution penned The Age of Reason, a treatise seeking to disprove the Holy Bible as inspired (and his is that ‘Age of Reason’ referenced on those hated Georgia Guidestones). A few days or week ago someone here posted a link to quotes by founding fathers as evidence of their Christianity, but if read carefully most (with a few notable exceptions) gave only acceptance of a general God and to Christ’s moral teachings – the same classic deism that led Jefferson to edit his ‘gospel’ with all miracles and references to Christ’s deity x-acto’d out (for Jefferson saw Jesus as a good moral teacher, period). Those are the principles of the founders of this nation, upon which our founding documents and laws are based.

So, no, I don’t think Jesus would vote in the upcoming election. I also don’t think He would have joined the Moral Majority 35 years ago and encouraged the church to hitch its wagon to the Republicans in hopes of somehow righting the nation by the ballot box rather than the prayer closet. But, that’s the route most American Christians took, more often than not led by their pastors to go there. I am ashamed to have fallen for it almost twenty years (1984-2003), but I did. It’s what sent this nation into the fire. I’m convinced of it. We might pull out of this fiscal mess, but the spiritual mess this country is in will only deepen. There is always a chance of revival, but it doesn’t seem likely . . . but bottom line, Jesus would be focused on hearts and lives not parties and platforms. He would draw people to Himself, and those who found Him would not be concerned much about anything in this world but be focused on building the kingdom, on loving and serving Christ, one another, and others, as we should be in the midst of a fallen world with only one real need -- JESUS.

JMHO. YMMV. BTA.
    LittleFish, that was an astounding comment. One full of much wisdom. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFish View Post

JMHO. YMMV. BTA.
    For the most part I agree with you but I believe that he would want us to do more than pray. He would want us to pray for the wisdom and guidance to make the right choices. He doesn't want us to pray and then just wait for something to happen, but to follow whatever path and guidance he provides to us when we do pray.

There is quite a bit of wisdom in the joke

A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."
    The point is that many times God provides us with what we are praying for but we are to blind to see it.