Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge orders Kentucky clerk to issue gay marriage licenses

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    1 month from now: she announces engagement to lesbian cell mate
    2 months from now: issues herself a marriage license
    4 months from now: her reality show starts airing
    Not much telling what her future holds, but we all would do well to think about where we will be
    and what we will be doing one hundred years from now.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Nothing more American than a person on their fourth marriage defending the institution of marriage.
    She had a lot of practice.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    Not much telling what her future holds, but we all would do well to think about where we will be
    In 100 years, I plan to check out of the Saturn orbital platform after my latest organ regeneration,
    catch the fusion sky taxi to IO,
    and check the model correlation between the actual and projected terraforming data.

On my lunch hour, I'll sync my laptop to the Earth tachyon network and browse to TTOL where they'll be
    threads saying SHTF is six months away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    It's been asked, but not answered: Why isn't she being impeached, or made subject to a recall election? That seems to be the appropriate response to a elected official not following orders.
    I think the elections are in November.

In 100 years, I plan to check out of the Saturn orbital platform after my latest organ regeneration,
    catch the fusion sky taxi to IO,
    and check the model correlation between the actual and projected terraforming data.

On my lunch hour, I'll sync my laptop to the Earth tachyon network and browse to TTOL where they'll be
    threads saying SHTF is six months away.
    Nope.

Ecclesiastes 8:8

There is no man that hath power over the spirit
    to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the
    day of death: and there is no discharge in that
    war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that
    are given to it.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

A simple solution, that the Kentucky legislature might consider --

According to the Liberty Counsel, Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who is refusing to sign same-sex marriage licenses, wants her name taken off the license.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/09...rriage-debate/

She should have quit and said the State has no say over a religious ceremony.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    With all due respect, Pastor, we'll all be dead. But our descendants will be looking back at this time in US history and asking themselves why there was so much hatred among the people, why was it such a big deal that people who loved each other and wanted to commit their lives to each other and wanted to get married, why did the US start and continue so many wars across the globe, why was there so much income inequality, ie: so few extremely rich people and so many extremely poor people, and why did so-called religious people who professed to "love one another" hate each other so much?

My wife just finished treatment for colon cancer. While she was undergoing chemo, and friends, loved ones, and even strangers at the hospital were offering prayers and well wishes, did it matter to us if those wishes and prayers came from a Christian, a Jew, a Buddhist, a Hindi, a Muslim, or an Atheist? Not one little bit! What mattered to us was that she was in the heart and mind of the person offering the prayer or well wish or positive energy. I truly believe that it all ultimately comes from the same place, the One Creator.

Maybe if we took all the energy that we use hating on other human beings and focus on The Golden Rule (which is a part of every religion on earth): Do unto others as you would have done to you, the world would be a better place. I know that using that has changed my life. I stop and think, "how would I feel if it were me?" . BTW. I apologize for my tone earlier; didn't mean to be so aggressive to you. I'm just very passionate about this issue. Been so burned.

Cool

Oh I wish there was fifty more posters like you on this board, such a great change of pace.
    I bet you don't go around saying its End Times.
    My mom told me that there have been people running around with "The End Is Near" signs for like 2000 years. So when it comes, it comes. When people start talking about that stuff, I just start making mental grocery lists.