Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bubba Push Back Thread

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Lavoy Finicum’s Widow Announces Plans To Sue Feds, State Cops Over Husband’s Death…
    Via Oregon Live:
    The widow of Lavoy Finicum, the 54-year-old Arizona rancher and key figure in the Malheur Wildlife Refuge occupation earlier this year, plans to sue the Oregon State Police and FBI for civil rights violations relating to his death, her lawyer told The Oregonian/OregonLive on Saturday.
    Jeanette Finicum, who has been outspoken in her criticism of the shooting, retained California-based attorney Brian Claypool, who said he plans to sue both the state police and two individual FBI agents over Lavoy Finicum’s death on Jan. 26 on a remote stretch of Highway 395 north of Burns.
    Claypool, who is also representing Ryan Bundy in the ongoing criminal case over the refuge takeover, said in a statement that his intent to file the lawsuit comes as new evidence has emerged.
    “There is now physical evidence (shell casings) that proves that two FBI agents lied during the law enforcement investigation by stating that they did not fire the first shots at Finicum’s vehicle,” Claypool said. “The US Department of Justice is investigating the two FBI agents for perjury.”[…]
    Prosecutors found that state troopers were justified in their use of deadly force against Finicum.
    “All six shots fired by the Oregon State Police, the three into the truck and the three that struck Mr. Finicum, are justified,” said Malheur County District Attorney Dan Norris. The shots were “in fact, necessary,” he said.
    But five unnamed FBI agents have since come under investigation by the Department of Justice after one of them allegedly lied about firing twice at Finicum and the four others were accused of helping to cover it up afterward.
    Keep reading…

Europe's Conservative Revolution Continues

By Michael van der Galien August 29, 2016
    chat 11 comments

Europe's Conservative Revolution Continues: Austrian Freedom Party On Course to Win Presidential Election
    Norbert Hofer candidate for Austria's Presidency for Austria's Freedom Party, FPOE, smiles during an after presidential election party in Vienna, Austria, Sunday, May 22, 2016. With all direct ballots counted in today's presidential election, both candidates, right-winger Norbert Hofer and a Greens politician Alexander Van der Bellen, had 50 percent of the vote. Nearly 900,000 absentee ballots are due to be counted tomorrow. (AP Photo/Ronald Zak)

The conservative Freedom Party's (FPO) Norbert Hofer is likely to become Austria's next president. According to the latest polls, Hofer is a few points ahead of independent candidate Alexander Van der Bellen.

A poll of 600 people published by the Oesterreich tabloid showed the average support for Hofer at 53 percent, one point higher than a poll in late July, versus 47 percent for former Greens head Alexander Van der Bellen.Another poll, of 778 people with a margin of error of 3.6 percent, published by newspaper Kurier, found 38 percent thought Hofer would win while 34 percent expected Van der Bellen to.
    Van der Bellen won the election earlier this year, but those results were canceled due to "to sloppiness in the count." According to the official results, Van der Bellen won that election by a mere 31,000 votes.
    From the looks of it, that's set to change on October 2, when Austrians go to the voting booth for the second time this year.
    Like many other conservative and populist parties (they're often confused with each other, but they're certainly not always the same thing: the PVV party of Geert Wilders in the Netherlands is, for instance, clearly populist, but it's also in favor of big government and the welfare state), the FPO is benefiting from the migration crisis. Increasingly, more Austrians are dissatisfied with the traditional, more centrist parties that offer no solutions. Austrians see their country -- and continent -- being overrun by immigrants from the Middle East (people who do not share their values and beliefs, and who are making little to no effort to integrate).
    Sponsored

In contrast to the old, traditional major parties, the FPO is clear about its views and policy proposals: the party wants to limit immigration and make sure that immigrants who do remain in Austria are fully integrated.
    A victory for Hofer will mark an important shift in Austrian politics, especially because it'll make it likely that the FPO will also stage a major win in the parliamentary elections scheduled for 2018. This means that the party may get the opportunity to finally put its ideas into practice -- to fight back against decades of multiculturalism and unlimited immigration.
    That's good news, but there's even more reason to be positive about Europe's future: Alternative für Deutschland, Germany's new truly conservative party (Chancellor Angela Merkel's CDU hasn't been conservative for years), is also rapidly on the rise. Although this party is routinely labeled "far right" by the media, it is no such thing. The party is conservative: pro-small government, pro-free markets, strict on immigration, and skeptical of the ever-growing power of the European Union. That does not, however, make them "far right," which is obviously code for "neo-Nazi."
    Conservatism may be in trouble in the United States, but it's alive and kicking in Europe.

Swiss To EU: Hands Off Veterans’ Assault Rifles…
    There is some sanity in Europe.
    ZURICH (Reuters) – Friction between Switzerland and the European Union over the bloc’s plans to tighten gun control following a rise in militant attacks could turn into another serious snag in ties already tested by Swiss efforts to curb immigration.
    The proposed directive, which applies to non-EU member Switzerland only because it is part of Europe’s Schengen open border system, has raised hackles among the Swiss, who resent intervention from Brussels.
    Christoph Blocher, a leading voice of the Swiss right and a eurosceptic, says Switzerland should consider abandoning Europe’s Schengen system of passport-free travel if the Swiss people rejected the proposed measures in a referendum.
    Drafted after militants killed scores in attacks in Paris last year, the EU plans on gun control aimed to curb online weapons sales and impose more restrictions on assault weapons.
    But the initial proposal provoked an outcry in Switzerland because it meant a ban on the long Swiss tradition of ex-soldiers keeping their assault rifles.
    Then, two months ago, Justice Minister Simonetta Sommaruga returned from meetings in Brussels saying she had successfully negotiated against such a ban. But the fine print was more complicated: EU members demanded concessions including psychological tests and club membership.
    Swiss gun rights proponents are now complaining this could disarm thousands of law-abiding citizens and that it would encroach on Switzerland’s heritage and national identity that includes a well-armed citizenry.
    “When conflicts arise, Switzerland must put its sovereignty first,” said Blocher, a businessman and vice president of the SVP, which is the country’s biggest party. “In an emergency, Switzerland should be ready to exit Schengen.”
    Switzerland has one of the highest rates of private gun ownership in Europe, with nearly 48 percent of households owning a gun. In France, there are about 30 weapons per 100 people, while the figure in the Great Britain is far lower, at 6.7 guns per 100 civilians, according to the Australian-based think tank GunPolicy.org.
    However, Swiss gun-related crime is low and the high number of privately owned guns harks back to a long tradition of self-defence and to the Swiss policy of near-universal conscription.
    Keep reading…

Teen Tells School She May Not Graduate if Forced to Undress in Front of Transgenders

By Paula Bolyard September 4, 2016
    chat 34 comments

Teen Tells School She May Not Graduate if Forced to Undress in Front of Transgenders

Sigourney Coyle recently told her local school board that she feared she may not be able to graduate from high school if she is forced to undress in front of transgender students with male anatomy before and after gym class.
    Speaking to the East Penn School Board, the rising freshman summarized two prongs of President Obama's Title IX directive that bans discrimination against transgender students, including in bathrooms and locker rooms: "You can't make a transgender change in a private facility because it's discrimination and segregation. It also said you can't make a transgender change in front of someone they don't identify with," Coyle said.
    "But if you put my name in there, or just generally the people, you can't make me change in a private facility," she said. "I am a woman and I identify as a woman and you can't make me change in front of someone who I don't identify with, who is physically male."
    A devout Christian, Coyle explained to the board and those in attendance at the meeting that in order to graduate from high school she is required to pass gym class, which requires her to change her clothes in the locker room. "So my options are: let myself be discriminated against or fail gym for not participating and not pass through high school which would jeopardize my future."
    Sponsored

The Emmaus High School student said that although she was given an "accommodation" to take gym in the summer, she doesn't think she should have to attend summer school.
    "The Supreme Court says that this is not a law. This was just a letter," she declared. "[Obama] does not have the power to cut funding—he doesn't. And it's actually breaking the law of Pennsylvania that lets everyone be entitled to privacy."
    A few years ago every school board in America would have agreed with Sigourney's plea. But this is the year 2016 and unfortunately, Sigourney attends high school in an age when common sense is in short supply. To the Social Justice Warriors and those who fear them (including the cowardly school board and administrators), Sigourney is the enemy of progress. All this girl wants is to be able to earn her lousy gym credit without being forced to undress in front of teenage boys who have penises, but that's not allowed in our brave new LGBTQ-controlled world anymore. Only certain privileged classes—those who are on the SJWs' approved list—are entitled to privacy nowadays. The rest of us are at the mercy of a small minority to whom we must cater—even to the point of undressing on command.
    Coyle ended her speech by saying that she doesn't have anything against transgenders. "I know some and I don't have anything wrong with them. I just do not want their right to overrule my own. We are equals. They are not better and I am not better."

Friday, September 16, 2016

KS: Followup on Good Smaritans at WalMart Attack in Kansas

Another suspect has been arrested in the WalMart parking lot case where two good Samaritans came to the aid of a woman and a baby who were being attacked by two men.

The first good Samaritan, a veteran of the Iraq and Afghan wars, was shot as he attempted to help. The second good Samaritan shot one of the suspects dead.

Both the woman and the first good Samaritan were taken to the hospital. The second good Samaritan was interviewed by police at the scene and released.

The second suspect ran off. The police arrested one man, based on video footage, but then released him. A second suspect, Arther Fred Wyatt III, was arrested on Tuesday, 13 September, 2016, by Shawnee police.

Wyatt is charged with attempted first degree murder, attempted aggravated kidnapping, and attempted aggravated robbery.

He was on parole for involuntary manslaugther. From fox4kc.com:
    Wyatt was released from the Kansas Department of Corrections in July after serving a sentence for a 2009 involuntary manslaughter case in Wyandotte County and subsequent violation of probation.
    It is likely that Wyatt was prohibited from possessing or carrying firearms.

©2016 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.
    Gun Watch

Posted by Dean Weingarten at 9/16/2016 11:44:00 PM 1 comment: Links to this post

TEXAS plan to feed feral pigs to the homeless has Muslims screaming “Islamophobia”

Authorities in Texas have signed off on plans to control the growing feral hog population that includes trapping and cooking the critters to feed to the hungry at local food banks. Muslims say Texas wants homeless Muslims starve to death because their so-called religion does not permit them to eat pork products. Good, more for everyone else.

ABC News The pigs will be trapped at George Bush Park and Congressman Bill Archer Park in Harris County, Texas, where they are threatening native wildlife and vegetation, according to Harris County Commissioner Steve Radack who came up with the plan and called it a “gift from God,” according to ABC News affiliate KTRK-TV in Houston.

“There may be as many as 8,000 to 10,000 feral hogs in each of the reservoirs,” said Mike McMahon with the Harris County Commissioner’s Office, which today approved the purchase of four four-acre metal pens to trap the hogs. After being captured, the pigs will be taken to a processing plant, J&J Packing Co, where they’ll be inspected by a Department of Agriculture officer before being slaughtered. The meat will be sent to the Houston Food Bank.

“This is a huge win for everybody in all the communities that we serve,” said Dr. Pamela Berger with the Houston Food Bank, who said she is excited to receive the hog meat.

Tom Harvey from Texas Parks and Wildlife said the state has a long-standing issue with wild hogs, which were introduced to the state some 300 years ago by Spanish explorers as domestic farm animals. Through the years, some pigs escaped and continued to “breed prolifically,” creating the feral population problem today, he said.

“Basically we’re losing the war against feral hogs, while our native wildlife continues to lose their habitat,” Harvey told ABC News. “They do a number of things that are problems: they root in sensitive areas, they trample wetlands, they defecate in water sources and they displace native wildlife.”

The USDA warned that “unlike domesticated pigs, wild hogs are more prone to trichinella and toxoplasma parasite infections, but with proper food handling and preparation procedures can be safely consumed.