Thread: Kids wear red, white and blue in spite of no America Day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Default Kids wear red, white and blue in spite of no America Day

Jackson Hole High School administrators canceled the homecoming tradition of America Day this year, but many students still donned their red, white and blue on Wednesday.

The senior class and many juniors protested Activities Director Mike Hansen’s decision to put a stop to the tradition by wrapping American flags around their shoulders, sporting shorts with stars and stripes and even driving a diesel truck around the parking lot waving American flags after school.

Hansen said he was worried the event made some students feel shut out.

Parents took to social media to show their support for the civilly disobedient students and disparage the school’s “political correctness.”

“It’s homecoming week and our school administration thought it was too ‘offensive’ to have an America Pride Day! So this is my kids answer to that!” Ted Dawson said with a Facebook post of his kids adorned in patriotic colors. “Where have we gone so wrong! I don’t care what race or religion you are, you live here, benefit from the schools, enjoy tax benefits or whatever — your [sic] an American or at least you better be!”

Hansen said he wasn’t against the school supporting patriotism, but after meeting with the student council and hearing comments he saw that a number of students didn’t feel American and felt “targeted and singled out by this day.”
    http://m.jhnewsandguide.com/news/sch....html?mode=jqm

then the brats that don't feel
    American should stay home or better yet, leave the country and take their families with them.
    momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Jackson Hole High School administrators canceled the homecoming tradition of America Day this year, but many students still donned their red, white and blue on Wednesday.

The senior class and many juniors protested Activities Director Mike Hansen’s decision to put a stop to the tradition by wrapping American flags around their shoulders, sporting shorts with stars and stripes and even driving a diesel truck around the parking lot waving American flags after school.

Hansen said he was worried the event made some students feel shut out.

Parents took to social media to show their support for the civilly disobedient students and disparage the school’s “political correctness.”

“It’s homecoming week and our school administration thought it was too ‘offensive’ to have an America Pride Day! So this is my kids answer to that!” Ted Dawson said with a Facebook post of his kids adorned in patriotic colors. “Where have we gone so wrong! I don’t care what race or religion you are, you live here, benefit from the schools, enjoy tax benefits or whatever — your [sic] an American or at least you better be!”

Hansen said he wasn’t against the school supporting patriotism, but after meeting with the student council and hearing comments he saw that a number of students didn’t feel American and felt “targeted and singled out by this day.”
    http://m.jhnewsandguide.com/news/sch....html?mode=jqm
    Really? Do they have that many foreign exchange students for this to be a problem?
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    Really? Do they have that many foreign exchange students for this to be a problem?
    Just takes one....

This kind of administrative insanity is rampant in our country. Kind of like Germany trying to cancel the October Fest because it might offend someone. Dumb and dumber!

PRC, South, Hah! Not any more, I escaped!

Quote Originally Posted by willowlady View Post
    This kind of administrative insanity is rampant in our country. Kind of like Germany trying to cancel the October Fest because it might offend someone. Dumb and dumber!
    Noooo. I think I just died a little bit.

PRC, South, Hah! Not any more, I escaped!

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Just takes one....
    And the tail will wag the dog.