Default Kevin McCarthy Walks Out!

Breaking right now...
    Kevin McCarthy Walks Out!

Breaking: Kevin McCarthy takes himself out of Speaker race

posted at 12:30 pm on October 8, 2015 by Allahpundit

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/0...-speaker-race/
    -
    -

There's real "leadership" for you. Glad to see him out. He's my congress person but he's no conservative by any measure.
    2Tim. 3:1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

With the info garnered by the NSA it might be tough to find anyone who will take the job.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Good!
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

So what is up with Boehner and McCarthy? There were the two Republicans there, one of whom could have been voted to run for Speaker, and John Pelosi Boehner shuts it down with no prior warning?

Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah, and Rep. Daniel Webster of Florida (I think), are also in the running.

I have a feeling Boehner is looking for the most liberal RINO he can possibly get to take McCarthy's place. What a cunning man he appears to be.
    -
    -

[QUOTE=Lavender;2542117]So what is up with Boehner and McCarthy? There were the two Republicans there, one of whom could have been voted Speaker, and John Pelosi Boehner shuts it down with no prior warning?

Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah, and Rep. Daniel Webster of Florida (I think), are also in the running.

I have a feeling Boehner is looking for the most liberal RINO he can possibly get to take McCarthy's place. What a cunning man he appears to be.[/QUOTE

No, not really 'ol Kevin has had his hand { along with other parts of his anatomy} in the cookie jar with a Carolina rep. for some time now. This is good news.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
    So what is up with Boehner and McCarthy? There were the two Republicans there, one of whom could have been voted to run for Speaker, and John Pelosi Boehner shuts it down with no prior warning?

I have a feeling Boehner is looking for the most liberal RINO he can possibly get to take McCarthy's place. What a cunning man he appears to be.
    Not that complicated. McCarthy didn't have the 218 votes to get elected because the 40 conservative representatives wouldn't support him and the other two did not have the votes either. What's the point of having an election and embarrassing the party if no one is elected?

Janet Hook ‏@hookjan 7m7 minutes ago
    John Boehner had a mid-night premonition that he'd have to stay on as Speaker.
    http://on.wsj.com/1L3i2IN via @WSJ

Rep. Reid Ribble (R-WI) dropped out of the conservative House Freedom Caucus on Thursday, citing the caucus' recent focus on thespeaker race, Appleton, Wisconsin, paper The Post-Crescent reported.

Lisa Desjardins ‏@LisaDNews 10m10 minutes ago Washington, DC
    BOEHNER: just told H GOP he'll stay on in job as Speaker as long as needed, members in mtg are telling us.

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 22m22 minutes ago
    Representative Issa considers run for House speaker:
    http://reut.rs/1hu4QCd

MORE --