Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: US Immigration Thread

Default US Immigration Thread

Oklahoma Senator wants assurances no terrorists will get in with Syrian refugees

Posted by Ann Corcoran on October 28, 2015
    And, once again we have the local CAIR chapter assuring us that Syrian Muslim refugees won’t be terrorists! However, the FBI Director testified in Congress recently that the US cannot properly screen Syrian refugees. CAIR and the Catholics (and Jews) know better!
    Richard Klinge of Catholic Charities in Oklahoma City is an attorney/advocat and here he is promoting the infamous ‘Gang of Eight’ amnesty bill. (Catholic charities is paid by the head to resettle Muslims in Oklahoma.) http://catholiccharitiesok.org/ImmigrationIssues

From NewsOK:
    An Oklahoma congressman [they must mean Senator—ed] is urging the federal government to maintain “rigorous security vetting” of all refugees as it prepares to increase the number of displaced individuals allowed into the U.S in response to the Syrian refugee crisis.
    U.S. Sen. James Lankford, R-Oklahoma City, said he, along with Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., sent a letter Wednesday to Secretary of State John Kerry and Jeh Johnson, Department of Homeland Security secretary, asking them to ensure that national security is not compromised in the refugee resettlement process.
    In his letter and in a telephone interview with The Oklahoman, Lankford said he is concerned that the U.S. remain vigilant in rooting out Islamic State or ISIS terrorists seeking to enter America under the guise of refugees.
    Just a reminder here that it does matter when you contact your Washington representatives:

In his interview, Lankford said some of his constituents have voiced concerns, particularly after reading news reports of ISIS terrorists killing Christians in the Middle East.
    Catholic Charities, which is paid by the head to resettle refugees, assures Oklahomans that every one will be safe!
    Adam Soltani of CAIR: No terrorists will get in with Syrian Muslim flow to Oklahoma. Photo: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1928414

Richard Klinge, senior director of advocacy and legal services for Charities of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, called the State Department’s security process for refugees “robust” with “stringent guidelines.” [WTH is “robust”—ed]
    Klinge said he is very familiar with the government’s security measures because Catholic Charities has had a large refugee resettlement program in Oklahoma for many years.
    The Council on American-Islamic Relations echoes Catholic Charities in assuring us there will be no terrorists getting in! (Ditto the local Jews!)
    Adam Soltani, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, shared similar sentiments, saying that the U.S. had done a good job of vetting displaced individuals seeking a new life in America.
    Soltani did say that his one concern about the Oklahoma congressman’s letter to federal officials is that it is in keeping with stereotypes of Muslims and people coming from the Middle East. [Stereotypes? Gee I wonder why—ed]
    Rabbi Vered Harris, spiritual leader of Temple B’nai Israel, recently urged members of her congregation to sign a petition asking the federal government to allow more refugees into the U.S. in response to the Syrian refugee crisis.
    Friday, she said she trusts in the government’s procedures to ensure the safety of all Americans.
    More here at NewsOK.
    As we have reported previously on several occasions, across the country CAIR is weighing in on Syrian resettlement to the US which is only further confirmation that the vast majority of Syrians that the UN is choosing for us are Sunni Muslims. Surely CAIR isn’t advocating for the persecuted Christians. LOL! The big question is why are the Oklahoma Catholics and Jews pushing for more Muslims?
    Here CAIR goes to the White House to lobby for more Syrian Muslim refugee admissions. I don’t think they are hiding the Hijra any more!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Why is Bill Kristol’s mag pimping for Hebrew refugee contractor’s lobbying campaign?

Posted by Ann Corcoran on October 28, 2015
    With friends like Bill Kristol, who needs enemies!

The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society is one of nine federal contractors (paid by the head to resettle refugees) and is pushing for the admission of 100,000 Syrian Muslims to the US before Obama leaves office.
    So why is the Weekly Standard simply parroting what HIAS says, here at its blog?
    There is not one critical mention of who and what HIAS is!
    Sometimes I want to scream! As more of the Washington insiders and smart people (LOL!) pay attention to the Refugee Admissions Program of the UN/US State Department, more ignorance is demonstrated. It is so scary to think these are the people who are helping to set immigration policy for America.
    For our extensive archive on the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, go here.
    Update: Check it out! HIAS (crows!) tweets Weekly Standard.
    HIAS ‏@HIASrefugees 34m34 minutes ago
    “We cannot stand by idly+watch the largest humanitarian crisis of our generation unfold.” Story on @weeklystandard https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/jewish-immigration-group-fights-bring-syrian-refugees-america_1053402.html …
    Share this:

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

WND: Ryan plotting ‘meaningless show-vote’ on refugees

Posted by Ann Corcoran on November 18, 2015
    We told you last night here that, although we are pleased with the strong show of solidarity by the vast majority of America’s governors regarding the importation of not-thoroughly-screened refugees, the real fight will be in Congress, and it is all about money!
    Politico says the two are going to try to get along. Will that result in tens of thousands of Muslim refugees being greenlighted to your towns? The “dynamic” will get its first test over the next days and weeks. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...ionship-215398

Obama cannot advance his resettlement agenda without appropriations approved by Congress.

(Intellectual debates about the Constitutionality of the whole refugee program will have to wait right now!)
    In fact, the federal resettlement contractors*** (some supposedly religious non-profit groups) are scrambling at this minute to put in motion a massive display of grassroots power to pound members of Congress and US Senators to turn back any effort to cut funding that they depend on for their survival (the refugees are their gravy train).
    Also, remember that if the funds are cut, and Syrians aren’t resettled in significant numbers, it will be a huge image setback for Obama because the United Nations is counting on America to lead the way in moving Muslim Syrians into western countries for permanent resettlement. If the US balks, it will have a chilling affect on countries like Australia that are presently being strong-armed into taking more.
    Here is Leo Hohmann at World Net Daily with a detailed report on what to expect. I have snipped some significant sections, but please read the whole thing especially some very good comments by Senator Jeff Sessions, like this key line near the end:
    Sessions said the American people should not be asked to fund a population shift of Muslims from the Middle East and Africa into the U.S.

Hohmann opens with this (emphasis is mine):
    House Speaker Paul Ryan said Tuesday he will convene a special task force to examine how to respond to President Obama’s plan to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees in the United States, but some conservatives on Capitol Hill are warning Ryan’s plan is nothing but a smokescreen designed to give lip-service while refusing to defund the program.
    Ryan likely has no intention of cutting off the flow of Muslim refugees into the U.S., nor does he plan to ensure Syria’s persecuted Christian minority gets rescued from the clutches of ISIS, sources told WND.
    The issue of ISIS terrorists infiltrating the West by sneaking in among the ranks of Syrian refugees has come to the fore in the wake of last Friday’s ISIS attack on Paris in which 132 innocent civilians were murdered by eight ISIS terrorists, at least two of which entered Europe as “refugees.”
    [….]
    Ryan’s strategy is also ignoring the fact that Syria is only a small part of the overall United Nations refugee program that sends approximately 40,000 Muslims to America every year from some of the most notorious jihadist hotbeds such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Bangladesh, Sudan, Somalia and Burma.
    But WND has learned from insiders on Capitol Hill that Ryan’s end objective is not to close down a program that has delivered more than 1.5 million Muslim refugees to American cities and towns since 1990 under a law authored in 1980 by then-Sen. Joe Biden and the late Teddy Kennedy.
    A conservative Capitol Hill aide told WND, “Paul Ryan is setting us up for a meaningless show vote on Syrian refugees so the White House can continue the influx of Muslim refugees this year and all the years to follow as it always has.
    Ryan loves mass immigration!
    “Putting Ryan in charge of a fight to block refugees would be like putting (Nancy) Pelosi in charge of fight to repeal Obamacare,” the staffer said. “No one loves mass immigration more than Ryan, so how exactly is he going to make a public argument against it? He can’t and won’t, leaving Democrats unharmed, unscathed and unafraid.”
    Members of the House Intelligence, Armed Services and Homeland Security panels will meet this week to come up with legislation the House will vote on by Thursday.
    The “show vote” will likely occur on the American SAFE Act of 2105, the source said, a toothless bill that will allow Obama to put forth certain assurances that Syrians are being “certified” as having no connections to terrorism.
    Senators say, cut the whole program!
    Sens. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., and Richard Shelby, R-Ala., issued a joint statement Tuesday afternoon saying that any strategy to eliminate the infiltration of terrorists posing as refugees must terminate funding for the entire $1.2 billion refugee program.
    “As chairmen of subcommittees on both the appropriations and judiciary committees, we believe it is essential that any government funding bill cancel the President’s blank check for refugee resettlement,” the senators said.
    Babin increases co-sponsors AP (After Paris). The House Judiciary Committee should now begin to move the Babin bill by first holding a hearing in Trey Gowdy’s subcommittee on that bill, but right at this point in time, the quickest way to slow the flow of Syrians Muslims (and those from many other countries) into the US is to cut the funding.
    Rep. Brian Babin, R-Texas, also has a bill in the House that picked up 14 new co-sponsors Monday and Tuesday in the wake of Friday’s attacks in Paris. His bill would halt all the resettlements until a full accounting of the program is given, both from a cost standpoint and in terms of national security.
    The No Borders Left and the refugee industry*** is scrambling! (More shortly on that)
    Sensing that a movement is afoot to stop the flow of Islamic refugees into the U.S. from just one of a dozen or so pipeline countries, Syria, the refugee resettlement agencies called an emergency conference call Tuesday.
    [….]
    Sessions said the American people should not be asked to fund a population shift of Muslims from the Middle East and Africa into the U.S.
    There is much more here.
    So, as I have been saying for days, the first battle of what is likely going to continue to be a long war is going to be in Congress in the coming weeks.

Call your members of Congress and your US Senators, today and every day going forward. The vote is expected on or before Dec. 11th.
    *** Remember readers that these agencies are paid largely with your tax dollars and they lobby and agitate for amnesty for illegal aliens with the same vigor as they advocate for refugees. It is about changing America by changing the people.
    The nine major federal resettlement contractors which like to call themselves VOLAGs (short for Voluntary agencies)—a joke considering how much federal money they receive:

WH Refuses To Give Governors Information On Syrian Refugees, Even ‘Potent Recruiting Tool For ISIS’, Dem Gov. Jerry Brown
    Bloomberg wrote a great piece on the failure of the Obama regime to respond to the requests of Governors for information on the Syrian refugees the Feds intend to ship to their states. Most transparent administration ever.
    Twitchy notes the most salient paragraph:
    An excerpt:
    Brown said he favored continuing to admit Syrian refugees but wanted the federal government to hand over information that would allow states to keep track of them, the GOP state official said.
    McDonough responded to Brown that there was currently no process in place to give states such information and the administration saw no reason to change the status quo. The non-governmental organizations that help resettle the refugees would have such information.
    Brown countered by noting that state law enforcement agencies have active investigations into suspected radicals and that information about incoming Syrian refugees could help maintain their awareness about potential radicalization. He suggested the U.S. had to adjust the way it operates in light of the Paris attacks.
    Why wouldn’t the White House share this information?
    As we reported yesterday, President Obama accused the GOP of acting as a “potent recruiting tool” for ISIS over similar rhetoric. Will he now attack his buddy in California for saying the same thing? (We know the answer.)

Former FBI Assistant Director James Kallstrom: ‘Migrant Stream’ ‘Orchestrated To Large Extent’, ‘Very Scary’ Letting In People When We Have No Idea Who They Are

The former FBI assistant director spoke to Megan Kelly on the Kelly File about the Paris terrorist attacks.
    Kallstrom said he was “very upset” by the “migrant stream” into Europe which he believed was “orchestrated to a large extent”. “It’s very scary and it’s something we have to do something about”, Kallstrom said. “You know the fact that these folks travel from Europe and here in the United States and get training and then they come back to the countries, to me is just crazy and preposterous. And I don’t know how we we are continuing to do this thing.”
    He went on to say that we have no idea who these people are:
    KALLSTROM: When you look at pictures of them 90 percent males between the age of 18 and 30, it’s crazy. It’s phony. And we must end the sanctuary cities in the United States. What a farce. What a joke. With our open border and free society, we have a great FBI, they’re on demand. They don’t have enough people. We have a great CIA. We’ve curtailed the very legitimate activities of the NSA. This [kind of attack] could be in the United States, as the Congressman said. And what would we do then — we’d say ‘why didn’t we build up this, why didn’t we build up that, why didn’t we close the border’. Why did we have 50,000 people come here that we don’t have a clue that they are. This has to stop. If it doesn’t, it’s just a matter of time before what we’re seeing today in France happens here.
    KELLY: The FBI has an investigation in each of the 50 states here into possible ISIS connections — in every single state in the union. So the question is if you were in charge of the FBI Now, what would you be doing differently? What can be done to stop this?
    KALLSTROM: I would take away all of the — all of the things that burden investigations, all the nonsense that burdens it. We can do this well within our constitution. I would add many, many more people to the FBI. You have the notion that you can follow hundreds and hundreds of people. That we can do that with the resources we have is just not true. So in this wide-open society where we have these stupid sanctuary cities and these naive people that run these cities and these states, we cannot put any burdens, no extra pounds in the pack of the FBI. And we need to let NSA do what they need to do to protect this country.
    KELLY: The FBI Director Comey has been jumping up and down about this saying, on the record, I don’t have enough people. Something’s going to happen. We’re going to get attacked. I don’t have enough people. I don’t have the resources to stop that.
    KALLSTROM: Megyn, he doesn’t have enough people by thousands, not hundreds, by thousands to keep track of the people that we should be keeping track of 24 hours a day, 7 days a week right now.
    KELLY: What is it? Why is he under-resourced and why do you feel that the programs you think we need to protect ourselves have been cut back.
    KALLSTROM: This will sound very hard-hearted. We haven’t had enough people die here in the United States. I mean that’s the way it is. […] Here’s the President this morning saying that ISIS is contained, of all days to pick him to say that. I mean is that an exclamation point or is that an exclamation point?
    KELLY: On top of that, the quote on those is the American blood is best. And we will taste it soon.
    KALLSTROM: It’s always been best. The Israeli blood and the American are always — that’s the prime blood. And if we don’t do something about this flow — this so-called migrant stream, the Europeans, if they want to continue to dilute what their counties are all about, we cannot allow those people into the United States without a visa. There has to be some kind of an asterisk by their name so they don’t travel into the United States. And if we’re stupid enough to bring in thousands and thousands of these people, who we don’t have a clue who they are, all we’re doing is putting 50 more pounds in the backpack of law enforcement. That’s all we’re doing.
    To me it’s very concerning, to the point where I am concerned of my own family. I am concerned of where my kids go. I am concerned about a lot of things. And I mean I’ve always had these concerns because, you know, you sort of have those concerns when you work in that field. But we’re just so naive about what we’re doing. And we don’t have to change the country. We don’t have to become a police state to do the common sense things.

The intense backlash to Syrian refugees 'plays right into' ISIS’ hand

"IS has utilized its propaganda apparatus in an effort to dissuade Syrians from fleeing to Europe," Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, said Thursday at a hearing before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

"One theme that emerged in this propaganda was the idea that Muslim refugees who flee to Europe will suffer oppression at the hands of secular and Christian governments, and will be forced to abandon their faith."

http://www.businessinsider.com/syria...h-isis-2015-11

Illegal Alien Children Being Placed With Child Molesters, Slave Lords and Murderers…
    Obama regime doesn’t even protect those who they claim to be helping, in the end, they’re just pawns to the game.
    Via Washington Examiner:
    The administration has been placing youths illegally crossing over the Mexico-U.S. border with guardians with criminal histories including domestic violence, homicide, child molestation, sexual assault and human trafficking, a whistleblower has told two senators, Iowa’s Chuck Grassley and Texas Sen. John Cornyn.
    In a release and letter to the secretaries of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services, the duo revealed the shocking details from the whistleblower who went to Grassley’s Senate Judiciary Committee after his Homeland supervisors ignored his allegations.
    The administration’s handling of the unaccompanied alien children, who have been fleeing Latin America in record numbers for two years, is already controversial, but the new charges of kids being placed with molesters and human traffickers is sure to draw new criticism of President Obama’s open-door policies.
    Keep reading…

For Thanksgiving, Obama Wants US to Take in 1,300 ISIS Supporters

Is the best way to honor the legacy of the pilgrims is by inviting a whole bunch of Islamists to America?

November 26, 2015
    Daniel Greenfield

This Thanksgiving, Obama finally broke down and mentioned "God", but only in support of his feverish obsession with bringing Muslims to America.
    The Syrian Muslim migrants are, according to Obama, just like the pilgrims on the Mayflower. So he's saying that they're religious fanatics who believe in imposing theocracy. Can't argue with him there.
    Still I have to question whether the best way to honor the legacy of the pilgrims is by inviting a whole bunch of Islamists to America. To settle the question, I contacted William Brewster by Ouija board about whether the Mayflower's legacy should be used to bring tens of thousands of Muslims to America. He replied with what I think is a long string of obscure curses. Either that or my Ouija board is broken.
    But Obama takes time out from the petty Thanksgiving stuff to focus on what really matters. Talking up his plan to bring 1,300 ISIS supporters to America once they pass "the highest security checks".
    You know, like the ones the other terrorists before them passed.
    Meanwhile 13% of Syrian refugees poll as supporting ISIS. That's 1,300 out of the first 10,000 Obama wants to bring here. Thirty-seven percent of Syrian refugees oppose US airstrikes on ISIS. 33% oppose the objective of destroying ISIS.

So between 1,300 of Obama's Syrian "refugees" up to 3,700 have ISIS sympathies.
    Obama talks about how Americans should want to take them into their homes. Maybe he can set an example by sticking a few hundred in the White House. There's plenty of room inside.
    Finally, the Condescender-in-Chief informs us that we need to widen "our circle of compassion." That's great.
    Maybe Obama can widen his "circle of compassion" to include Americans who are suffering under his destructive policies. If he insists on localizing his magic "circle of compassion" in Syria instead of America, he can try being true to the legacy of the Pilgrims by bringing persecuted Christians from Syria to America.
    Instead 98% of Obama's refugees have been Sunni Muslims. The same religious group as Al Qaeda and ISIS.
    The Yazidis who have been raped and murdered are out of luck. Obama took in 1 Syrian Yazidi and thousands of Sunni Muslims. He took in 53 Christians... and thousands of Sunni Muslims.
    Maybe Obama can grunt, strain and heave until he widens his "circle of compassion" enough to include non-Muslims. Or maybe water will run upstream and turkeys will eat people.

Don’t get hung up on screening! It’s the second generation immigrant jihadists we must worry about

Posted by Ann Corcoran on December 3, 2015
    There is so much talk about the screening process for Muslim refugees that I’m afraid we are losing sight of the fact that it’s the second generation (can you say San Bernardino slaughter) that we should be concerned about.
    Minnesota Men…..

FILE – This combination of undated photos show Somali nationals, from left, Mahamud Said Omar, Abdifatah Yusuf Isse, Salah Osman Ahmed, and Omer Abdi Mohamed. Nine people convicted in a government investigation of terror recruitment and financing for an al-Qaida-linked group in Somalia are to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis. Authorities say more than 20 young men have left Minnesota to join al-Shabab since 2007(AP Photo/file) http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-men-...214644934.html

Realistically, how are we going to stop those Islamic terrorists (to save our children and grandchildren)?

There is only one way and it starts with halting all Muslim migration to America and then it requires a ruthless surveillance of all those in here already (like it or not! Trump is right!) until any vestige of the Islamic supremacist mindset is stamped out.
    This week’s issue of the Weekly Standard reminds us of the huge US Somali population (growing by the hundreds each month), that has been the seed community from which ISIS, and before that, Al-Shabaab has been drawing its new recruits.
    From the Weekly Standard (Minnesota Men indeed!). Hat tip: Judy
    If you get your news from the headlines, you can be excused for thinking that “Minnesota men” pose a special risk of taking up the terrorist jihad at home and abroad. As the Wall Street Journal reported this past April, for example, “U.S. charges six Minnesota men with trying to join ISIS.” The “Minnesota men” featured in such headlines are almost invariably drawn from Minnesota’s swelling population of Somali Muslim immigrants. The state—mostly the metropolitan Twin Cities area—is home to 35,000 such immigrants, the largest Somali population in North America.
    Starting in the 1990s, the State Department directed thousands of refugees from Somalia’s civil war to Minnesota. As Kelly Riddell pointed out in the Washington Times this past February, in Minnesota these refugees “can take advantage of some of America’s most generous welfare and charity programs.” Riddell quoted Professor Ahmed Samatar of Macalester College in St. Paul: “Minnesota is exceptional in so many ways but it’s the closest thing in the United States to a true social democratic state.” After a dip in 2008, the inflow of Somalis has continued unabated and augmented by Somalis from other states. If it takes a village, Minnesota has what it takes.
    Continue reading here as the Weekly Standard chronicles several important cases in Minnesota.
    And, do you know why the number dipped in 2008? That was the year that the US State Department basically said ‘oopsie! we admitted thousands of Somalis illegally who had lied on applications to get in.’ Consequently, the resettlement of Somali families was put on hold for a couple of years!
    How many Somalis have we resettled? And, why are we still bringing them in by the thousands each year?

So, how many did we admit in the last 25 years or so? Go to this post we wrote in 2008 (and updated through the years).
    In the first six weeks of FY 2016 we have already admitted another 827 Somalis (surely the number has passed the 1,000 mark in recent days).
    You must call your US Senators and Member of Congress today, tomorrow and maybe early next week! It is not just about the Syrians!!! And, it’s not just about making sure the ones coming in are ‘screened’ when evidence tells us it’s not mom and dad who we should fear, but their children as the second generation is not assimilating, but become more devout (aka radicalized!).
    Action Alert: Call your members of the House and Senate at 202-224-3121 and ask them to vigorously oppose the Refugee Resettlement funding contained in the Omnibus Spending Bill that will be voted on by 12-11-15! Please call by this Friday, Dec. 4th.

ENOUGH !! – Just Who The Hell is “Tashfeen Malik”?

Posted on December 4, 2015 by sundance

Enough already. All day long, back and forth the pendulum swings as the rabid ideological left spouts their one sided mantra, calling those-who-accept-reality: “bigots and islamophobes”.
    Enough already. The insufferable “was-this-Islamic-terrorism” nonsense is just that, nonsense. Of course it was/is terrorism, and of course it was/is Islamic Jihad.

Enough already. Who is this mysterious “wife”, Tashfeen Malik? Pakistani, via Saudi Arabia, via on-line bride, sketchy marriage details – brought in with a visa? No picture of her, some speculation about her name is fake etc. But she knows how to shoot, build bombs, and hates America. We know that much.
    Enough already. Meanwhile oh golly, don’t worry about those imported “refugees”.
    Enough Already. See something Say something – But don’t you dare say anything about a briefcase clock carried by Ahmed in Dallas with wires and sketchy timing devices, or clock boy will sue you.
    Enough already. Obviously Tashfeen Malik is the invisible personification of everything that’s insufferably wrong with the Big Government immigration vetting process, non-process, etc.
    Yeah, and yet somehow, we are all supposed to feel better about our internal security apparatus – and their ability to know, vet, identify, track, monitor and catch all those who come from exactly the same ideological place and desire to import Jihad.
    Sorry, next time someone mentions anything about our immigration processes, I’m just going to say the name: “Tashfeen Malik”. They’ll stare at me, with that puzzled expression and say “who“?
    …. to which I shall retort – EXACTLY”?

ADVERTISEMENT

Just wait, this is only the tip of the jihad iceberg in Southern California with this group. There is going to be a much bigger and far more interconnected web of players in this mess – and yet somehow I doubt the insufferable Islamopologists will ever allow it to surface.