Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carson: I’m open to being Trump’s VP

Arrow Carson: I’m open to being Trump’s VP

LOL! I'm sure he is because what is his other choice?

February 09, 2016, 02:45 pm
    Carson: I’m open to being Trump’s VP

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson says he's willing to consider being Donald Trump's vice president if the businessman wins the GOP nomination.

"I certainly would sit down and discuss it with him," he told Fox Business host Neil Cavuto on Tuesday, the day of the New Hampshire primary.

But Carson emphasized that he'd only consider running if he and the nominee had "philosophical alignment."

"I would have to have major philosophical alignment with whoever it was," he said. "I would have to have guarantees that I could do some substantial things."

Carson wouldn't say which candidates he would not consider running on a ticket with.

"Rather than get into that, let's say as long as there is significant philosophical alignment, I wouldn't have any problem," the former neurosurgeon said.

Ultimately, Carson said his focus is on his presidential campaign.

"I'm aiming to really change this country in the same way that I came up with new ways to do very complex things that people have been trying to do for a long long period of time, that's what I want to do with this country," he said.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...vice-president
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

I like Ben. I believe he is honest, which is so unusual today.
    Trump would be blessed by such a man as a counselor.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Judge Napolitano for VP.

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    Judge Napolitano for VP.

That would be good too!
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    Judge Napolitano for VP.
    Rather Have him for President.

Carson however would make a GREAT Health and human Services Sec.

He seems like a decent humble guy, some of his politics aside.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    Rather Have him for President.

Carson however would make a GREAT Health and human Services Sec.

He seems like a decent humble guy, some of his politics aside.
    Not H&H...not with his "mandatory vaccines" platform. But he is honest so I could go with him as VP!
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Not H&H...not with his "mandatory vaccines" platform. But he is honest so I could go with him as VP!
    Yeah I hear ya on the vaccine thing, not my favorite thing about him but he is a Dr. and knows Healthcare. Just keep him away from Guns and the Vaccine thing and he is ok.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by HouseWolf View Post
    I like Ben. I believe he is honest, which is so unusual today.
    Trump would be blessed by such a man as a counselor.
    I like him too, and was hoping he might run for President. However, I see now that he's not the man for President of the United States. The question is, does he have what it takes to be President of the Senate?

Because he's really not cut out for POTUS, it would seem strange to put him into a position where he could end up being the acting President.

However, I do think he's a sweetheart, no doubt, and he does his best to guard his tongue. Something Mr. Trump needs a bit of help with. I like Trump's ability to override PCness, but really, he could use a few lessons on HOW to say what he needs to say ...I'm sure you understand.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

I think Carson should be Surgeon General. It's a natural fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    I think Carson should be Surgeon General. It's a natural fit.
    Not if he is pushing mandatory vaccines!
    Prov. 3
    5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

When the sun goes nova, better have your Psalm 91 arrangements made.