Page 59 of 143 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

Buddy, can you spare a dime?

DNC reeling financially after brutal 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...inances-244019
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Dangerous, Filthy Homeless Encampments Force Closure of Hawaii Public Park Indefinitely

By Megan Fox October 21, 2017

Dangerous, Filthy Homeless Encampments Force Closure of Hawaii Public Park Indefinitely

In this Monday, Aug. 24, 2015 photo, a homeless man washes an old area rug at a

In this Monday, Aug. 24, 2015 photo, a homeless man washes an old area rug at a homeless encampment in the Kakaako district of Honolulu. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
    Kakaako Waterfront Park on the island of Oahu has been closed indefinitely in order to repair the damage done by a large homeless population that has been camping there in makeshift huts and tents. This is an unprecedented move by the state of Hawaii. The Honolulu Star-Advertiser has details about the massive damage and public safety hazards in the park.
    "[P]ark officials say they can no longer ensure the safety of park users following a recent series of dog bites, fires and vandalism attributed to an estimated 180 homeless people living along the Kakaako shoreline....Right now, with dog attacks and exposed wires and broken plumbing, it’s just not safe," the report explained.
    The beautiful islands of Hawaii harbor a longstanding but growing problem: Homelessness is a plague that seems to have no solution. Hawaii's beaches are its lifeblood, the draw for millions of tourists who keep Hawaii going. The beaches are also all public, a point of contention with many big hotels that would like to have private beaches for their clientele but are not allowed to by state law. This high regard for public access to all Hawaii beaches makes the move by the state to indefinitely close off Kakaako Park even more unusual and upsetting to residents. Fearing blowback and public shaming for speaking out, residents would only speak to PJ Media using pseudonyms. "Bonnie," born and raised in Honolulu, voiced her frustration at the care the homeless receive while taxpayers foot the bill

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/danger...-indefinitely/
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Chelsea Handler Abandons Sinking Ship of Show to Focus on Activism
    http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/chel...focus-activism
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Default No Biz Like Snow Biz

Michael Moore’s Broadway Show Aimed At Bringing Down Trump Shuts Down

Gee who could have predicted this? Gotta love it.
    Via Wall Street Journal:
    Film director Michael Moore may have arrived on Broadway with the self-professed goal of taking down a sitting president.
    But in the end, his politically liberal-minded show, “The Terms of My Surrender,” which closed this past weekend, failed to wow at the box office.
    In its 13-week run, including a preview period, the show had ticket sales of $4.2 million, according to BroadwayWorld.com, a theater website that tracks grosses based on data from the Broadway League, a trade group. That figure represents only about 49% of the show’s potential gross.

I'm leaving this here. It's from the Washington Post, which adds to the fun. Reads the comments for some more lulzs.

The Democratic Party needs to get its act together

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...27c18#comments
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

University Of Oregon President Compares His Students To The ‘Fascists’ They Protest

Civics 101 and history should be mandatory.
    Via The College Fix:
    Michael Schill doesn’t have any particular expertise in First Amendment law that I know of. He came to the University of Oregon as an expert in property law.
    But when the UO president got shouted down at his own State of the University address last month, he suddenly discovered the value of free speech – and the threat that his own little brownshirts posed to the university’s mission.
    Now he’s comparing the student protesters who wouldn’t even let him ascend the podium to the same fascists they were purportedly protesting by wrecking his event.
    In a New York Times op-ed, Schill said he’s fine with protest but not with “the tactic of silencing, which has been deployed repeatedly at universities around the country”:
    Rather than helping people who feel they have little power or voice, students who squelch speech alienate those who are most likely to be sympathetic to their message.
    It is also ironic that they would associate fascism with the university during a protest in which they limit discourse. One of the students who stormed the stage during my talk told the news media to “expect resistance to anyone who opposes us.” That is awfully close to the language and practices of those the students say they vehemently oppose.

It really does sound like Schill is talking about the unhinged screaming, whining and thuggery deployed by privileged college students who get high on the delusion that their cartoonishly progressive campuses are the second coming of the Third Reich.
    Keep reading…