Page 53 of 143 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

I hope this is some good news:

Nearly half of liberals don’t even like to be around Trump supporters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.83b60c812339
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    I hope this is some good news:

Nearly half of liberals don’t even like to be around Trump supporters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.83b60c812339
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Mizzou Has Finally Officially Fired Both Employees Who Bullied Students During Mob Protests

Finally! After the whole incident turned off students now for years from going to Mizzou.
    Via Daily Caller:
    Officials at the University of Missouri’s flagship campus in Columbia have finally rid themselves of the administrator and the professor who physically and verbally attacked student journalists during the eruption of Black Lives Matter protests that rocked the school’s campus in November 2015.
    The firing of both taxpayer-funded employees — mass communication professor Melissa Click and senior associate director for Greek life Janna Basler — took 20 months.
    Basler, the Greek life director, shoved up against a lone student photographer Tim Tai as he attempted to capture images for a local newspaper.
    Scuttlebutt about Basler’s employment status began earlier this month when Mizzou officials announced approximately 400 layoffs in the face of massive state budget cuts and a huge plunge in student enrollment.
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Seattle Mayor Colluded With Liberal Berkeley Professor To Create One-Sided Minimum Wage Study

The ‘facts’ will match the narrative.
    Via Red Alert Politics:
    Newly-discovered emails between Seattle Mayor Ed Murray’s office and researchers at the University of California-Berkeley show an intimate level of coordination in planning the release and press coverage of a minimum wage study. The study they released found Seattle’s minimum wage raised wages for workers without raising unemployment.
    Berkeley released their study on June 20, which was just six days before the University of Washington published their study. UW researchers found that low-income workers’ wages raised 3 percent, but their hours dropped by 9 percent — meaning the average worker lost $125 per month since the hike.
    The studies’ close releases were not by chance. The Seattle City Council contracted an unbiased UW research team in 2014 to study the effects of a $15 minimum wage. However, the council cut UW’s funding when they saw an early draft of the UW study found negative results. The council then contacted researchers backing the $15 minimum wage to publish a left-leaning report before UW’s was published.
    Murray hired Micheal Reich, a $15 minimum wage advocate, whose six studies found higher minimum wage to be beneficial to low-income workers.
    Emails obtained by the Seattle Weekly through a public disclosure request found that Michael Reich, the lead author of the study, repeatedly contacted the mayoral office, a think tank advocating for a national $15 minimum wage, and a New York PR firm to plan the release and distribution of the report.
    More emails obtained by Fox News show that Reich was to finish his report by Murray’s deadline — the three-year minimum wage-hike anniversary, and before the UW study’s release.
    “Hope it’s in time for your Tuesday [minimum wage] event.” Reich emailed Murray’s office on June 18.
    “The Seattle Mayor’s office would like to release the report tomorrow,” Reich wrote in an email on June 19. “I am still making some last-minute changes to the report itself. […] I’ve been working morning to evening every one of the past seven days to complete this. The timetable moved up over the weekend.”
    Murray’s office told Reich to omit the UW study’s findings from his report.
    Keep reading…

Via Twitter.

Named after a 1980's ladies drink

Phoenix Man Torches LGBTQ Center Where He Once Received Services

Not a hate crime, done by one of their own.
    Via NY Daily News:
    A 26-year-old Phoenix man was arrested after he set fire to an LGBTQ youth center where he once received services, local media reported.
    Darren Beach Jr., was charged with one count of arson of an occupied structure, CBS affiliate KPHO-TV reports.
    Surveillance footage shows Beach enter the facility, called one.n.ten, and douse the building with gasoline before setting it on fire July 12.
    One.n.ten said the facility served Beach on and off from 2013 to 2016.
    “Our youth whom we serve have been worried. Some are shaken,” the organization said in a release.
    “Obviously this young man has issues and needs help,” the release said, noting that the man stopped receiving services when he aged out of the program at 25.
    “We had no warning signals from him throughout his time with us. There was nothing to let on that he had anything against our organization.”
    Ray Bradford, a former volunteer who had worked with Beach, said he had a “good heart,” KPHO-TV reported.
    Keep reading…

Politics

Dem Senator Refuses To Discuss Constituent Raped By Illegal Immigrant

Kerry Picket
    Reporter

WASHINGTON — Democratic Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden on Tuesday blew off wanting to talk about an elderly constituent in his state who was raped by an illegal immigrant that was previously deported 20 times.
    Wyden refused to answer The Daily Caller’s questions about the illegal immigrant accused of raping a 65-year-old woman at her Portland home and assaulting another female in the area. Portland is a sanctuary city. (RELATED: Man Who Allegedly Raped Oregon Woman Had Previous ICE Detainer, 13 Deportations)
    “We’ll have more to say about that another time. Today is about taxes,” Wyden said, before he veered off to discuss issues pertaining to the Russia investigation.

The man charged with attacking the women on July 24, 31-year-old Sergio Martinez, was released by the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office one week before the attacks, according to a letter from Sheriff Mike Reese.
    Martinez only served 31 days in the Multnomah County Jail before he was released on July 17.
    However, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials claimed last week they had issued an immigration detainer against Martinez back in December 2016. The agency also requested local authorities notify them prior Martinez’s release, so federal agents could take him into custody.
    But Martinez was released into the community without officials informing ICE.

Sheriff Reese pointed the finger at ICE in a statement to NBC’s local affiliate, saying that his office could not detain Martinez any longer.
    He added that ICE should have lodged a criminal warrant signed by a judge as opposed to a civil detainer on Martinez and his office was only following the law “consistent with the orders of the court.”

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Trump Is “Purging People, Just Like Kim Jong-Un” In North Korea…

Minus the savage killings and death camps.
    On Monday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” anchor Chris Matthews said President Trump is tossing bodies out of the White House at a rate matching the Russian Revolution and is engaging in purges like North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, except Trump is firing people instead of killing them.
    Matthews later stated, “I think Trump is scared. … I think all this going around and purging people, just like Kim Jong-un. What does he do? He knocks off all his relatives when he gets scared. When you get scared in your position, you start killing people around you. We don’t do that in this country. We fire them. Trump seems to know how to fire.”