Page 42 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

The End of Comedy: TV Land's Raunchy 'Teachers' Gets an 'F'

By Megan Fox
    chat 16 comments

I don't watch much of anything if it isn't on Netflix, but I happened to be scrolling through On Demand and decided to give TV Land's "Teachers" a go. It's in its second season, but I just discovered it. Lately, everything on TV is pushing some super political agenda with the gaying of everything, the transgendering of everyone, and abortions as a sacramental event (I'm looking at you "Scandal"). I'm physically and emotionally exhausted from all the agenda pushing on TV that stomps on half of America's values. Most times I feel like screaming at the TV: "I EXIST! And I'm NOT a caricature of a Christian shut-in who's super judgmental, hates gay people, and has a gun rack in her truck." So I stick to reruns of "Everybody Loves Raymond." You know, a comedy show that never veers into politics or social justice and instead is funny. I know this is a difficult concept for anyone to grasp anymore, especially at the writer's table in Hollywood. Look, envelope pushers ... there's no more envelope. It fell off the edge about four years ago never to be seen again. And yet, they keep trying.
    Sponsored

One of the latest misfires is this "Teachers" show, which stars children saying and doing things that would get parental rights revoked in the real world. Seriously. I should have known just how bad this was going to get when one of the teachers in the show was shown in the opener completely naked surrounded by several other naked people passed out on the floor as she sang to us about her summer where she participated in orgies. Another was shown waking up on the floor of a bar from which she drags herself to the first day of school to teach America's kids. Lovely.
    The Stomach Flu Road Trip from Hell

There was a time when female teachers in America were held to morality standards. If this is what happens without those standards, I say let's bring them back. No more gentlemen callers! But seriously, six minutes into this monstrosity, a little girl no older than eight years old and wearing a dog collar marches up to her teacher and calls her a "baggy-assed ho" (and in defense of the child, the teacher is wearing something that looks like bondage gear with a lot of cleavage). This was followed by a little boy about nine who calls her "Miss Snatch." Then the camera pans to a little girl suggestively sucking a lollipop in a way that made my mama radar start shrieking.

In an attempt to bond with her "Hell Class" the "baggy-assed ho" teacher decides to put on rap music and twerk upside down on the blackboard. I'm not kidding. This is happening in front of 8-year-olds. They all laugh like crazy when her butt implants fall out of her pants and the same little bratty potty mouth calls her a "flat-assed bitch." Another teacher in a different class with broken air conditioners takes off her shirt and teaches wearing a see-through white tank top with a black bra visible underneath. Considering James O'Keefe just released a video about a child-molesting teacher being set free with no charges after forcibly molesting students at knifepoint, this type of comedy isn't funny to me ... at all.

I realize this is a show meant for adults and it's on late, but there is a large cast of children saying these lines and being exposed to this trash. Who are the parents that would allow this kind of abuse to be heaped on their own children? It's cringeworthy. Is a spot on a sitcom so important to you that you would turn your child into a sexualized object who swears at adults? How much money would it take for you to pimp out your child like this? Is anyone watching this garbage? I hope not.
    How much longer before the pendulum swings back toward decent entertainment? I can't take much more of this.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

What’s Wrong With Chelsea Handler’s Tweet? Besides The Attack On Expectant Mom…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Conservative students say they have been ‘violently threatened’ at Lutheran college College Fix Staff •March 20, 2017

Four in five students at St. Olaf College, a Lutheran liberal arts school, voted for the Clinton/Kaine ticket in 2016, while Trump/Pence drew 1 in 10 and Johnson/Weld 1 in 20.
    But it’s not only that feeling of marginalization that has led conservative students to stay in the closet at the Minnesota school known for its music program, according to student newspaper Manitou Messenger:
    Of the 12 students interviewed by the Manitou Messenger, several have been violently threatened because of their political beliefs, and almost all of them feel as though they can’t speak up about politics on campus – in class, online or with their friends. …
    On the night of the election, a student in the Pause threatened to beat up [College Republicans President Emily] Schaller, calling her a “f***ing moron.” Over the next couple of days, she overheard multiple students threaten to hurt the next conservative or Republican they saw. Vice President of St. Olaf College Republicans Kathryn Hinderaker ’19 had a similar experience.
    “I think one of the hardest things was, the second day, I went into Buntrock and someone yelled from the bottom, ‘if you voted for Trump, you better be f***ing scared.’ Everyone clapped and applauded,” Hinderaker said. “Obviously, it didn’t feel super safe.”
    Like some liberal students who felt unsafe after the election, a St. Olaf conservative student said she “went home for awhile” because of the animus toward conservatives in her classes. She said online harassment led her to transfer to another school after the fall semester.
    And there’s this:
    On Feb. 18, a student posted an unsolicited photo of a group of students that supposedly included Trump supporters and encouraged fellow students to “remember their faces.”
    It’s lonely being conservative at St. Olaf, even though its College Republicans chapter didn’t endorse Donald Trump and refused to phone bank for him in the general election:
    In response to St. Olaf’s predominantly liberal campus, many conservative students choose to stay under the radar for fear of being cast out and misunderstood by their peers.
    “A lot of people said the characteristics of the candidates were the characteristics of the voters,” Dawson Kremlacek ’20 said. “Conservatives didn’t want those labels. They didn’t want to be viewed differently.”
    As a result, students will self-censor during class, even in discussion-based courses.
    “I’m fine being political with a one-on-one discussion,” [freshman Josh] Larson said, “but when everyone else is liberal in the class … I keep my head down.”
    One political science student said her professor “started every class with basically just ridiculing Trump for about 20 minutes,” and she now plans to transfer to another school next year. Another student said his professor’s anti-Trump animus makes him keep quiet so she won’t “possibly bring down my grade.”
    But another St. Olaf conservative warns his peers not to act like “some oppressed minority group” because “it engages in the same identity politics that already make it so hard to have constructive conversations about challenging issues.”
    Minneapolis alt-weekly City Pages notes that the St. Olaf administration invited the former Communist Party USA candidate Angela Davis to speak earlier this month (without noting her controversial past), and it renamed an arts building after sexual harassment allegations against its namesake -a dead professor – were made.
    Read the Messenger and City Pages stories.
    Like The College Fix on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter
    IMAGE: CREATISTA/Shutterstock

This Just In: Boycott of N.C. Over Bathroom Bill Dies With a Whimper
    Trending

The free market beats LGBT backlash.
    By D. C. McAllister, March 22, 2017
    facebook

twitter
    Tweet

In Wake of Latest Muslim Attack, Reuters Smears... Marine le Pen

Trending

How come nobody's ever "far left"?
    By Michael Walsh, March 23, 2017
    facebook

twitter
    Tweet

Study Finds College Rioters Have Wealthier Parents Than Average Student

Trending
    Study Finds College Rioters Have Wealthier Parents Than Average Student

Entitlement builds a sense of entitlement? Hmm.

https://pjmedia.com/

CA Bill Would Make Not Disclosing HIV+ Status to Partner Just a Misdemeanor
    Trending

To protect the feelings of carriers.
    By Tom Knighton, March 22, 2017
    facebook

twitter
    Tweet

You have to hand it to George Eaton, political editor of the UK's leftist New Statesman. While most reasonable human beings were appalled and disturbed by Wednesday's terror attack in London that claimed four lives and twenty-nine injured -- seven "critically" -- Eaton managed to find a bright spot: the "magnificent diversity" of the terrorist's victims. Today, after having had a full day to ponder the significance of this bold attack on the very doorstep of Parliament, the only apparent conclusion Eaton came to -- or at least, the only one that suited his political perspective -- was that the attack by a Muslim terrorist had a glorious upside:
    George Eaton‏Verified account @georgeeaton 16h16 hours ago

A snapshot of London's magnificent diversity in those injured: French, Romanian, Korean, German, Polish, Irish, Chinese, US, Italian, Greek.

• Retweets 379
    • Likes 417

3:47 AM - 23 Mar 2017

2,274 replies 379 retweets 417 likes

What a beautiful thing: a veritable rainbow of multicultural diversity, all laid out on the London roadway after being targeted by a fanatical killer of a decidedly unicultural bent, fundamentalist Islam. Funny how Eaton didn't have anything to say about how the left's elevation of "diversity" to a virtual religion has resulted in Europe being infected with innumerable enemies like the terrorist who mowed down that lovely spectrum of Londoners.
    Shortly before that profoundly idiotic tweet, Eaton tweeted this tepid attempt at inspiration:
    George Eaton

@georgeeaton
    Important point from May - attacker was shot 20 yards from the gate and did not gain access to the building. "He did not succeed".
    3:43 AM - 23 Mar 2017

Didn't succeed? Londoners are supposed to be comforted by that? Of COURSE he succeeded. He killed and severely injured many innocents right outside Parliament. He spread terror. It's not necessary to behead the Prime Minister and raise the black flag of ISIS over Westminster Abbey for a terrorist to succeed (although if he did, Eaton would no doubt look for an upside to it).
    When London's Muslim mayor declared blandly and unoriginally, in a statement delivered nearly six hours after the attack, that "Londoners will never be cowed by terrorism," Eaton sycophantically called it a "powerful response" and said London is "fortunate to have him."

A powerful response? It's the standard response every one of Europe's political elites -- and a few of America's -- always say after yet another Islamic terror attack that they did nothing to prevent: "We refuse to be cowed." Fortunate to have him? In what way? This is the same mayor who shrugged that suffering terrorism is just part and parcel of living in a big city. That's not exactly Churchillian in its defiance.
    Eaton's shameful and cowardly tweets are all very typical and revealing of the European cultural and political elite's willful blindness about their failed multiculturalist embrace of Islam, even in the very aftermath of violent jihad.