Page 57 of 143 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Suspected Mexican Cartel Kidnapper Linked To Massacre Of Hundreds Extradited From Chicago

Ryan Saavedra

5:43 PM 09/07/2017

An alleged member of one of the most violent Mexican drug cartels was found in an American sanctuary city and turned over to Mexican officials on Tuesday.
    Coahuila state police officers traveled to the Mexican border city of Nuevo Laredo where they took custody of Juan Rafael “El Cubano” Arredondo Oviedo.
    U.S. authorities arrested Arredondo, a “foot soldier” in the Los Zetas Mexican drug cartel, at an immigration court in Chicago, Illinois, a sanctuary city, where he sought to be a protected as a witness from the Los Zetas cartel who he said is going to kill him.
    Arredondo, who faces 28 kidnapping charges in Mexico, is linked to a horrific 2011 massacre in Coahuila, Mexico, where estimates say over 300 people were kidnapped, murdered, and incinerated in ovens.

The Los Zetas cartel is considered one of the most violent drug cartels in Mexico and operating out of the eastern part of the country from the Texas-Mexico border all the way south to the Guatemala-Mexico border.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Texas Attorney Resigns After Tweet About Being ‘OK’ If Betsy DeVos Is Sexually Assaulted

Future community organizer. Update to this story.
    Via KVUE:
    KVUE’s Jenni Lee has confirmed that Robert Ranco resigned after his tweet from Friday about Betsy DeVos received significant backlash.
    Carlson Law Firm released the following statement to KVUE after Ranco’s resignation:
    For those of you who are wondering why this took so long, let me start by saying that this firm is a family and believe it’s up to me to show the same loyalty that I ask of my people. I wasn’t going to make a rash decision about a member of this family just to appease people on social media.
    That said, I considered the health of everyone in our organization, promised my partners and my employees that we would act according to the values of our firm, and sat down to speak with Mr. Ranco.
    In the end, we came to the same two conclusions:
    With over 150 employees – 75% or whom are women – anyone in our company advocating or even expressing apathy towards sexual assault is affront to all victims and a line that simply cannot be uncrossed.
    This has been an enormous distraction that has taken us away from the mission of our firm, which is to care for and help people.
    Understanding and accepting this, Rob is taking full responsibility and choosing to resign.
    Keep reading

American Flags Trashed At Columbia University’s 9/11 Memorial in New York

Just one of a few efforts to seemingly wipe out remembrances of 9/11 by people who are ‘triggered’ by them.
    Via Daily Caller:
    A man was caught on camera ripping small American flags out of a 9/11 memorial at Columbia University Monday.
    The unidentified man did not stop after he stripped the memorial of 50 flags and threw them in the trash, but returned to collect more, reported Campus Reform.
    “Angered, I ran over and asked him what he was doing, and was laughed at with no proper response,” said Aanand Shah, an ROTC cadet who filmed the event. “I asked a nearby Public Safety officer what could be done; but he was well within his rights to protest, so I recorded the video.”
    Keep reading…

St Louis Young Democrats Busted For Actively Promoting Anti-Police Rallies That Injured Cops

Organizing for Antifa.
    Via BPR:
    Inquiring minds want to know exactly what role the Democratic Party is playing in the growing civil unrest in America?
    St. Louis continues to feel the effects of violent protests following the acquittal Friday of Jason Stockley, a former St. Louis police officer who fatally shot a black man in 2011 following a high-speed vehicle pursuit.
    Adding to the chaos, the St. Louis Young Democrats are pitching in to get the word out on when protests are taking place — what role, if any, the political organization has in organizing the protests is unknown.
    he protests have resulted in extensive property damage and numerous injuries to law enforcement officers, with 123 people arrested Sunday and more arrests taking place on Monday, according to the St. Louis Police Department’s Twitter feed.
    Eleven officers were injured on Friday, the first day of the demonstrations.[…]
    The St. Louis Democrats’ website acknowledges the “right to peacefully gather” to protest and does denounce violence.
    …against those committing the violence!
    To be fair, they eventually get around to speaking out against any and all violence.
    “Violence against protestors (sic) is not an appropriate response. Further, violence against anyone or anything is not an appropriate response and is unacceptable.
    Keep reading…

Jimmy Kimmel Calls GOP Senator From Louisiana “Inbred”

Pretty much confirming that coastal elites despise and belittle people in the middle and especially the South.
    Via The Hill:
    Late night television host Jimmy Kimmel continued his critique of Republican legislation to repeal the 2010 health care law on Thursday, calling Sen. John Kennedy “inbred.”
    Speaking on his ABC late night show, Kimmel played a video of Kennedy in an interview on Fox News saying Kimmel is “a funny guy” but not a health care expert.
    Kimmel said he did not claim to be a health care expert.
    “I should not be the guy you go to for information about health care, and if these guys — like inbred John Kennedy — would tell the truth for a change, I wouldn’t have to,” he said of the Louisiana Republican.
    Keep reading…

Just Over 3,000 People Buy Madonna’s New Album…

Womp womp womp
    Via Showbizz 411:
    Madonna released a live album last Friday. News to me. News to everyone, apparently.
    The “Rebel Heart” Tour album sold just 3,848 CDs and downloads according to Buzz Angle and hitsdailydouble.com. It had no streaming that was reported.
    Stranger, though, was that the album wasn’t released on Interscope, which put out the original “Rebel Heart” album. But maybe not so strange since “Rebel Heart” sold only 238,000 copies in the US. Madonna once sold millions of albums. (So did everyone.)
    The live album was issued by Eagle Rock, a video company. Eagle Rock put it out as a standalone for audio. But they also sell a video package of CD/DVD/Blu-Ray that includes the live album.
    Keep reading…