Page 63 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

Suit alleges sex-and-booze-filled life at the Bronx DA’s office

Suit alleges sex-and-booze-filled life at the Bronx DA’s office

February 27, 2018

The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is a hotbed of misconduct where prosecutors and other staffers neglect their work to shop, drink booze and have sex, according to a $15 million notice of claim filed Monday by a suspended employee who’s involved with an embattled NYPD cop.
    Crime analyst Crystal Rivera also claims that Bronx DA Darcel Clark opened a baseless probe of her boyfriend, Detective David Terrell, to “publicly vilify” him and cover up her office’s “incompetence and unethical practices.”
    Rivera’s wide-ranging allegations were made in a filing with the city Comptroller’s Office that’s required before suing the city.
    The papers say Clark and several top aides illegally retaliated against Rivera on Friday by slapping her with administrative charges — including insubordination — based on her “personal relationship” with Terrell.
    Terrell is a key figure in the failed prosecution of a 2015 shooting that led Clark to launch an investigation by her office and eventually the feds.
    During an afternoon news conference outside the DA’s office, Rivera claimed she’d witnessed an astounding array of scandalous behavior since she was hired there in 2007.
    “People are having sex in the office,” she said while discussing her official claim.
    “We used to have parties … where ADAs will have sexual relationships with officers and prosecutors. We’ve had incidents where ADAs are having sex with each other and they’re married, so husbands find out about their affair and they come to the office and expose [it].
    “We had a brawl, basically a full-out fight in front of the office,” she alleged.
    Rivera also alleged that prosecutors keep booze in personal refrigerators in their offices, and guzzle down liquor, beer and margaritas at their desks.
    “They would drink this on the job and still be on call in the courtroom,” she said.
    Rivera’s lawyer, ex-cop Eric Sanders, accused Clark of playing “political games” by bringing administrative charges against Rivera, and said Clark “should be ashamed of herself.”
    “We’re here to expose the district attorney for what she is [doing], corrupting this office,” he said.
    “What they’re doing is they’re taking advantage of the people in the Bronx, and it’s time something’s done about it.”
    Last year, Terrell filed his own, $175 million notice of claim against the city, alleging it’s encouraged a “cottage industry” of bogus suits against cops by settling allegations of false arrests and police brutality.
    The Bronx DA’s Office declined to comment on Rivera’s allegations and referred questions to the city Law Department, which said only: “We will review the notice of claim.”
    (0)(0)
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I hear this course is all filled up.

Harvard Now Offering Four-Year Degree In Feeling Oppressed
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/harvard-n...ing-oppressed/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Russia is the reason A Wrinkle in Time flopped
    Wait, did I say RUSSIA? Oh, sorry, I meant to say that RACISM is the reason that it flopped.
    'A Wrinkle in Time' Director Ava DuVernay Uses Racism to Explain Away Bad Reviews....

In an interview with Screen Rant, writer Jennifer Lee explained why she took out the Christian themes and Bible references from the book. "It wasn't removed, it was just opened up in language that wasn't exclusive, guardian angels versus stars, are they the same thing? Maybe," Lee said. She emphasized "inclusivity," saying, "Since we’re not limiting, we’re not picking some religion, but we’re saying we all feel, we can feel that you’re a part of something extraordinary and the messages are the same."

This helps explain why the film ditched the book's explicit Christian themes, trading them for vague New Age spirituality that failed to deliver the depth of the original story. Furthermore, it is the exact opposite of "inclusive" to excise all Christian historical references, even to Jesus, Copernicus, or Michelangelo.

As The Federalist's Ellie Bufkin noted, non-Christian and liberal reviewers agreed that the removal of Christianity from "A Wrinkle in Time" severely weakened the movie.
    Sure, it's not the anti-Christian bigotry, the urinating all over a cherished childhood classic, or the Wakandawashing of the white characters, it's Vladimir Putin!

I mean, of course, to say that it was RACISM. Specifically, the racism of straight white Christians.

It is absolutely no surprise at all that A Wrinkle in Time flopped. Padre Pio knew that it would flop. Nostradamus knew that it would flop. There is probably a stone buried deep in a South American jungle carved with ancient Mayan hieroglyphics predicting it would flop. Even journalists who are under the vague impression that a tesseract deals with financial regulations knew eight years before it even came out that it was going to flop, because the Hollywood Values crowd hates hates hates Christianity, Christian morality, Christian values, Christians, Jesus Christ, the Bible, and God. There was never any chance that they could produce a movie that would be consistent with the core themes of the book.

What is more interesting is to ponder why Black Panther was successful whereas A Wrinkle in Time was not, given their superficially similar approaches. So, what were the salient differences?

• Black Panther was competently told.
    • Black Panther respected the original characters.
    • Black Panther was aimed at its core market.
    • Black Panther's production team actually appears to have liked its source material.
    • Black Panther had competent set and costume design.

I suspect that Black Panther also sucked all the available "black power" enthusiasm out of the market, which probably added insult to injury to the shoddy A Wrinkle in Time performance.

BREAKING: Male Democratic Operative Arrested For Assaulting Female Trump Official

Suspect allegedly ‘pushed a female Interior Department communications official to the floor’

Ryan Saavedra | Read More - March 16, 2018 76 Comments

On Friday, it was revealed that U.S. Capitol Police arrested a male Democratic operative for allegedly assaulting a female Trump administration official after a House budget hearing on Thursday.
    The alleged assault took place at the conclusion of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s testimony on the department’s 2019 budget proposal before the House Committee on Natural Resources, the DCNF reported.
    The suspect supposedly identified himself as a reporter with the David Brock-founded American Bridge, which is “a progressive research and communications organization committed to holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions.”
    Read More

Generation Tide Pod: Anti-Trumper Tattoos 'F*** Trump' In Protest
    You know what will really show Donald Trump you mean business as a member of the Resistance? Paying someone to tattoo his name on your lower...

By Twitchy Saturday, March 03, 2018

You know what will really show Donald Trump you mean business as a member of the Resistance? Paying someone to tattoo his name on your lower lip … and the Left thinks this is the generation we should look to in leading the way on policy for this country?
    Yeah, no.
    for everyone who said i wouldn’t do it �� pic.twitter.com/0sv685m0lY
    — tess (@tessaparkerr) March 2, 2018
    For everyone who said she wouldn’t do it, you should have told her NOT to do it.
    Sure, a tattoo located on the inside of your mouth should fade over the years but still … wow.
    Read more

Abortionist Who Said She Cuts Unborn Babies’ Cords So They Can’t Scream Deletes Her Post

National
    Micaiah Bilger Mar 17, 2018 | 8:29AM Washington, DC

Abortionist Leah Torres deleted her brutally honest tweet about killing unborn babies this week after it resulted in a lot of bad publicity for the abortion industry.

Torres, a Utah abortionist who is active on Twitter, posted the original tweet Sunday in response to someone criticizing her work.
    When the person asked if Torres hears the screams of the babies who she aborts, she replied:
    “You know fetuses can’t scream, right? I transect the cord 1st so there’s really no opportunity, if they’re even far enough along to have a larynx. I won’t apologize for performing medicine. I’m also a ‘uterus ripper outer,’ if that’s how you’d like to describe hysterectomy.”
    The sickening reality of abortion that Torres callously exposed garnered a lot of attention from LifeNews.com and other conservative media outlets and figures.
    On Thursday, Torres deleted her original post as a result of the backlash.
    “Yes, I deleted the post,” Torres wrote. “My friend asked me to. See, the thing is, she is trying to open dialogue between ‘pro-life’ and ‘pro-choice’ here in Australia, for the greater good of reproductive health. Folks allowed the post to inhibit progress, so, it’s off my feed.”
    Interestingly, Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion chain in America, liked several of Torres’s posts defending her initial tweet.
    Torres did not apologize or backtrack on what she said. Instead, her apparent motivation for deleting the tweet was the bad press.
    The abortion industry does not like to admit the gruesome, deadly reality of its trade. Every year, it kills nearly 1 million unique, living unborn babies in America, but it disguises its deadly work with propaganda about “choice” and “care” and claims women have a “right” to abortion without restriction.
    Follow LifeNews.com on Instagram for pro-life pictures and the latest pro-life news.
    Recently, pro-life state lawmakers across the country have been drawing attention to the barbarity of abortion through legislation to ban dismemberment abortions.
    So far, Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas and West Virginia have passed laws prohibiting abortionists from dismembering living unborn babies. At least as many others are working to pass similar legislation.
    Just one of many abortion methods, dismemberment abortions involve “knowingly dismembering a living unborn child and extracting such unborn child one piece at a time from the uterus through the use of clamps, grasping forceps, tongs, scissors or similar instruments that, through the convergence of two rigid levers, slice, crush or grasp a portion of the unborn child’s body in order to cut or rip it off . . .” according to the National Right to Life Committee. They are common in the second trimester.

A question on the minds of liberals.

Movement That Demands Forceful Silencing Of All Opposing Viewpoints Unsure Why Nation So Divided
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/movement-...on-so-divided/

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

The Church of Liberalism.

The Bee Explains: Theological Liberalism
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/the-bee-e...al-liberalism/

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel: