Page 65 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Published on Apr 30, 2018
    Michael Knowles critiques the 48 statements that Michelle Wolf meant to be jokes at the White House Correspondents' Dinner, with less than hilarious results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HekcvcocXNQ

University At Albany Students Slam Pride Center As ‘Transphobic And Racist’
    Protected class vs. protected class.
    Via Campus Reform:
    University at Albany students are protesting the local Capital Region Pride Center for allegedly failing to be inclusive toward transsexuals.
    About a dozen demonstrators came out to protest the center last Friday, urging its employees to do a better job of representing all members of the LGBTQ community and increase diversity among its board of directors.
    Iliana Muro, a student at UAlbany and a critic of the Pride Center, alleges that its employees “deadname” and misgender their trans colleagues while barring trans people of color from leadership positions.
    In an interview with Campus Reform, Muro explained that “deadnaming” refers to calling a transgender person by their birth name while misgendering occurs when an individual is referred to by a pronoun with which they don’t identify.
    “Everyone who’s okay with what’s going on there needs to leave…It’s just f—ing backwards,” Muro told Campus Reform.
    Raven, another student at UAlbany who planned on joining the protest, said that the center’s employees are “transphobic and racist” and that “they shouldn’t have a monopoly on pride.”
    “The most at risk group of people in this country are trans-women of color,” she added.
    Keep reading…

Taking a stand against Cultural Appropriation.

Fighting Cultural Appropriation: From Now On Taco Bell Will Only Serve Customers Of Mexican Descent
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/fighting-...xican-descent/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Have we reached the end yet?

ASK YOUR BABY'S PERMISSION BEFORE CHANGING DIAPER, SAYS SEXUAL CONSENT EXPERT
    Not Satire

http://www.newsweek.com/diaper-ask-b...-expert-918981
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Feminism Loses Its Last Brain Cell

May 11, 2018
    Daniel Greenfield

The left's race to the bottom is very consistent. It always and ever goes down.
    A Cornell University senior stripped to her bra and underwear during her thesis presentation — and got two dozen others to join in — to protest her professor’s contention the week before that her clothing was inappropriate.
    Letitia Chai led the revealing demonstration Saturday during her “Acting in Public: Performance in Everyday Life” class to stand up “against oppressive beliefs,” she said in a Facebook Live video of the event.
    It came days after her professor, Rebekah Maggor, questioned whether the denim cutoff shorts Chai was wearing during a test run of the presentation were too short.
    “The first thing that the professor said to me was ‘is that really what you would wear?” Chai wrote in a Facebook post about the incident. “The professor proceeded to tell me, in front of my whole class, that I was inviting the male gaze away from the content of my presentation and onto my body,” she wrote.
    “I think that I was so taken aback that I didn’t really know how to respond,” she told the Cornell Sun.
    So she eventually responded the way a 3-year-old would.
    But this is really a tussle between two feminists. Chai is channeling the usual Slut Walk response to having the appropriateness of your outfit questions. But Maggor reproves her for inviting the male gaze.
    Both women are using the tropes of feminism to humiliate each other when really what they're doing has nothing to do with any abstract ideas, but their emotional responses to each other on a much more basic level.

It's a pathetic display.
    On the other hand, Maggor may have absorbed some Islamic attitudes toward women.
    Her research centers on theatre from the Middle East, specifically drama that has emerged over the last several years from the Arab uprisings. She co-edited, co-translated and wrote the introduction to the anthology Tahrir Tales: Plays from the Egyptian Revolution (Seagull Books), which received a Literature in Translation Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts. As a Fulbright scholar in the Middle East and North Africa Regional Research Program she studied Palestinian theatre and performance. She is currently working on an anthology of new Palestinian drama, Theatre Between Home and Exile: New Palestinian Voices, co-edited with Marvin Carlson and Mas’ud Hamdan (Martin E. Segal Theatre Center Publications).
    Tahrir certainly had a male gaze issue.

This is an unintentionally hilarious indictment of Democrats themselves. The ‘good’ Democratic mother was a bad mom and when she found out about the sorry job she did with her son, she doesn’t do anything productive but whine and drink.

Video: MSNBC Host Jokes About Choking Sarah Sanders

Does so while complaining about lack of civility and decency in politics

Newsbusters - May 12, 2018

While bemoaning during Friday’s Deadline: White House about the lack of decency and civility in light of White House staffer Kelly Sadler’s ugly comment about Republican Senator John McCain (AZ), MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace joked to White House correspondent Kristen Welker about choking White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

If that wasn’t enough, MSNBC contributor John Heilemann hailed White House reporters for doing “valiant work” in press briefings exposing the White House’s lies and Wallace’s fellow McCain/Palin campaign aide Steve Schmidt ruled that Sanders is worse than Baghdad Bob.
    Going to Welker on the topic of Sanders ducking questions about Sadler suggesting McCain’s take on Gina Haspel’s CIA nomination didn’t matter because he’s “dying anyway,” Wallace quipped: “Kristen Welker, how do you resist the temptation to run up and wring her neck? Why can’t she just say if a staffer said that, we’re going to get to the bottom of it and she’ll be fired?”
    Read more

https://www.infowars.com/video-msnbc...sarah-sanders/