Page 73 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminal Liberalism

Nolte: ‘Star Trek’ Actor Wil Wheaton Blacklisted on Social Media by Fellow SJWs

Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP 1 Sep 20182,522 Former Star Trek: The Next Generation actor Wil Wheaton got a bitter taste of his own mob justice this week when he was blacklisted from a social media site.

Another way of putting it is that after the online mob Wheaton helped create found him guilty of being impure, they lynched his candy ass.
    And it was glorious.
    Wheaton is best known for his short-lived stint as Wesley Crusher on Next Generation, and I say “short-lived” because his character was so hated by the fans, he pretty much disappeared after the first season and was removed altogether after the fourth. Putting a 14-year-old (who looked 11) on the bridge of the USS Enterprise was too much disbelief to ask even of we Trekkies — or are we Trekkers?
    It doesn’t matter. Next Generation is not really Star Trek because everyone knows that anything titled Star Trek that does not star William Shatner is not Star Trek… it’s just lame.
    Anyway, Wheaton, who is now 46, had been enjoying something of a second career as an insufferable Nerdboy Social Justice Warrior on the Twitters. And, naturally, after Donald Trump won the presidency, Wheaton added the Resistance to his résumé.
    Last month, along with CNN, Wheaton was one of the blacklisting blacklisters desperate to have Alex Jones blacklisted. When Twitter refused to blacklist Jones, Wheaton piously announced he was leaving the social media site for something more pure, an alt-Twitter site called Mastodon.
    And it was here that Wil Wheaton got a taste of life in a world of Wil Wheatons…
    It all began when — and how perfect is this? — Wheaton pretty much introduced himself to the Mastodon community by calling for someone to be blacklisted after this someone played an innocent “bofa” joke on him.
    “Bofa” jokes go like this:
    “Hey, did you watch that awesome show on Bofa last night?”
    “What’s Bofa?”
    *points to crotch* “Bofa deez nuts down here.”
    Innocent, dumb, hilarious…
    But joyless Wheaton didn’t think so (he was on TV, you know), and instead of responding with a good-natured “LMFAO,” Wheaton reported this person for abuse.
    There was just one problem: Wheaton is a straight white male (which is the long way of saying Hitler), and the person Wheaton reported for abuse is a transsexual. And as we all know, transsexuals are now on the highest rung of the identity politics ladder, and straight white males are Hitler.
    And then there were Wheaton’s other sins, his past impurities…
    Wheaton is close pals with Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick, who was recently indicted for (and cleared of) a #MeToo incident involving a former girlfriend. Wheaton is not only guilty by association with Hardwick; he had the gall to not condemn his friend.
    Finally, (the Ace of Spades rundown on this is a must-read) there is the incident involving the transphobic blocklist…
    During the whole GamerGate uproar, Wheaton received and disseminated a blocklist (a massive list of WrongThink People blocked by CorrectThink People). Apparently, there was a number of transsexuals on Wheaton’s blocklist (it originated with a feminist angry at men who become women, or something), and a genetically inferior straight white male like Wheaton banning transsexuals is un-for-giv-able.
    And so, the mob of tattletale hall monitors Wheaton helped empower had him blacklisted from Mastodon using the fascist online rules Wheaton helped normalize.
    And now, Wheaton has retreated to the only place he has left, his own blog, where he is using this incident to prove to the world he is not a man:
    This lie that I am anti-trans, or anti-LGBQ, is deeply hurtful to me (I know it’s nothing like the pain LGBTQ people deal with every day, as they simply try to *exist* in a world that treats them so badly, but it is still hurtful in its own way to me)…
    I’m leaving the Fediverse [Mastodon], which has treated me with more cruelty, vitriol, hatred, and contempt than than anyone on the birdsite ever did.
    I know that I’m well-off, well-known, and as a CIS white hetro dude in America, I live life on the lowest difficulty setting. I know that I have very little to complain about. But I still have feelings, and I really do care about the world and the people in it. What I see is a lot of anger and cruelty directed at the IDEA of me, from people who I just hope don’t realize that it really does hurt me, in my heart, to be accused of being someone I am not, and to be the target of a hateful mob
    Wheaton has closed the comments on the post.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Actions Have Consequences – Red Hen Restaurant Refusal to Serve Press Secretary Leads To Drop in Town Tourism…

Posted on September 2, 2018 by sundance
    The Associated Press is reporting that a Virginia tourism board is initiating an emergency fund to compensate for a significant drop in business as a result of the Red Hen Restaurant refusing to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders:
    Stephanie Wilkinson and family, owners of Red Hen restaurant.

LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) — A small town in Virginia is trying to recover its image after The Red Hen restaurant famously refused to serve President Donald Trump’s spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
    The Roanoke Times reported Sunday that a regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign.

Normally that money is saved. But officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage.

The tourism board serves Lexington, where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington.
    The Red Hen incident in June prompted thousands of a calls and emails to the tourism office. They’re still coming in. The office received a letter on Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened. (link)
    Gee, who didn’t see that coming?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Virginia Town Attempts to Recover Its Image After Red Hen Denied Service to Sarah Sanders

AP Photo/Evan Vucci 3 Sep 2018758 The town of Lexington, Virginia, is attempting to recover its image after the town’s Red Hen restaurant denied service to White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders.

The regional tourism board is using emergency funds to pay for a digital marketing campaign aimed at giving the area positive coverage after the restaurant refused Sarah Sanders service in June, the Roanoke Times reported Sunday.
    The Rockbridge Regional Tourism Office — which serves Lexington, Rockbridge County, and Buena Vista — decided to spend $5,000 per month on this campaign after receiving thousands of emails and calls complaining about the incident.
    The office said it received a letter on Thursday from a Georgia family who vowed never to return to the area because of how Sanders was treated.
    “For a town our size, it was a significant impact,” Patty Williams, the tourism board’s director of marketing, said of the incident.
    The White House press secretary tweeted in June that the owner of the Red Hen restaurant asked her to leave because she worked for President Trump.
    Sanders left the restaurant without incident, but former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said on the Laura Ingraham Show that the owner continued to harass her friends as they dined elsewhere.
    Trump trashed the rural Virginia restaurant two days later, calling it a “filthy” establishment, and dozens of protesters flooded the restaurant over the next few days, bringing harsh words for the Red Hen and its owner. The backlash caused the restaurant to shut its doors temporarily.
    Once the restaurant re-opened two weeks later, the protests continued.
    Red Hen’s owner, Stephanie Wilkinson, resigned from the Main Street Lexington Business Group amidst the fallout from her clash with the White House press secretary.

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Pays Settlement Over ‘Unsubstantiated’ Vaginal Egg Claims

Jason Merritt/Getty Images 5 Sep 2018153 Actress Gwyneth Paltrow’s health and wellness brand, Goop, has agreed to pay $145,000 in civil penalties over “unsubstantiated claims,” of various products sold online.

According to the complaint filed in Napa County Superior Court, Goop made spurious claims about the health benefits of its vaginal eggs and floral oil blend.
    “Goop advertised that the Jade and Rose Quartz eggs could balance hormones, regulate menstrual cycles, prevent uterine prolapse, and increase bladder control,” an Orange County District Attorney’s office spokesperson said. “Goop advertised that the Inner Judge Flower Essence Blend could help prevent depression.”
    “The Orange County DA’s office represents one of 10 California county prosecutors that make up the California Food, Drug, and Medical Device Task Force. The multi-district attorney task force reached a settlement with Goop in which the company “agreed to pay $145,000 in civil penalties, based on limited sales of these products in California,” reports CNN.
    In a separate statement regarding the settlement, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas said, “It’s important to hold companies accountable for unsubstantiated claims, especially when the claims have the potential to affect women’s health.”
    Further, prosecutors announced the lifestyle company is prohibited from stating claims “regarding the efficacy of its products without possessing competent and reliable scientific evidence, and from manufacturing or selling any misbranded, unapproved, or falsely-advertised medical devices.”
    The company is offering refunds to customers who purchased the bogus products between January 12, 2017, and August 31, 2017.
    In 2017, Skeptic Magazine, described as the United Kingdom’s sole magazine evaluating pseudoscience in everyday life, awarded its inaugural prize for promoting the worst “pseudoscience,” to Goop. “We were surprised at quite how many public vote nominations GOOP received for the ‘Rusty Razor’ award for pseudoscience – it’s certainly a popular win,” said editor Deborah Hyde.
    The same year, consumer watchdog Truth in Advertising, filed multiple complaints against Goop with a pair of California district attorneys for what it says were “terribly deceptive marketing,” claims it identified in more than 50 instances. “Marketing products as having the ability to treat diseases and disorders not only violates established law but is a terribly deceptive marketing ploy that is being used by Goop to exploit women for its own financial gain,” the group’s executive director Bonnie Patten wrote in a statement. “Goop needs to stop its misleading profits-over-people marketing immediately.”
    In an August 2017 interview with Girlboss Radio, Paltrow denied Goop engaged in misleading marketing practices, describing the criticism as “deeply unfair.” “We’re very clear on what we’re doing. We stand behind everything we do,” said the actress. “But unfortunately, people who are critical of us sometimes get attention for being critical of us. It gives people a platform.”

Default I guess getting away w/murder skews one's sensitivities