Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump...Thread

Default Trump...Thread

Nevada's weird caucus rules were supposed to put a hamper on Donald Trump, who supposedly lacked a ground game.
    Tell that to Nevada GOP caucus goers, who delivered nearly 46% of the vote to Trump in a semi-crowded field of five candidates, three of whom are "serious."
    WaPo's James Hohmann sat up and noticed that this morning, too:

After his surprisingly soft second place finish in Iowa, many operatives concluded [Trump] would struggle to close the deal in future caucus states. Most of the coverage before last night said it was possible The Donald could lose in Nevada – despite leading in polls – because his rivals had built impressive ground games and his own supporters tend to be lower-propensity voters. Trump’s people proved last night that they will show up for caucuses.
    Ted Cruz finished in third place with 21.4%, a couple points behind Marco Rubio at 23.9%. If there's a bright spot in this for the GOP-As-We-Knew-It (GOPAWKI), it's that Cruz's poor showing still gave him a vote total greater than Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders got combined in their party's caucus on Saturday.

Cruz and Rubio have until Tuesday -- this Tuesday -- to make a stand. And when I say "Cruz and Rubio" I really mean "Cruz or Rubio." That's when votes will be held in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado (sort of), Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming. It's gonna be yuge. According to RCP's poll averaging, Trump dominates in Georgia, Massachusetts, Alabama, Tennessee, and Vermont. He's up in Minnesota, Oklahoma, Virginia, and Alaska. And he's competitive in Cruz's home state of Texas.
    And Trump has momentum behind him after three consecutive wins in New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada.
    Unless Super Tuesday voters give us a big surprise, Trump is certain to pick up enough delegates to make him the presumptive nominee -- assuming he isn't already.
    The real shocker might be how many Jeb! voters switched to Trump instead of Rubio, indicating (again) that the CW is wrong and that Trump's appeal is broader than hardly any of the political pros suspected. Nevada showed that his appeal is deep, too.
    Deep enough maybe to win the general against Democratic heir apparent Hillary Clinton, whose sclerotic campaign had trouble in the early going defeating an aged and unknown opponent who kept pulling his punches.
    My former boss Roger L. Simon wrote last night:

A lot of my Republican friends are depressed about this situation. They worry that Trump is not a real conservative. They cringe at his vulgarity. They are concerned he's a bully, even totalitarian.I'm not. And I am not depressed, even though I admire many of the other candidates in the race. Given the gravity of the situation, what Obama has done to this nation and the candidates being offered by the Democrats, a world class liar and a Eugene V. Debs retread, a personality as large as Donald may be necessary to revive our country. In fact, I think I'll take the "may" out of that.
    I have to part ways with Roger on that last line -- I'll have to leave the "may" in that. Or at least modify it a bit. Trump may well have the big personality to revive our country, but revive it to what? There are almost nothing but unknowns about how Trump would settle in behind the Resolute desk, although surely he couldn't maintain this exhausting pace after taking the oath of office. And by "exhausting," I mean, "exhausting to us." Otherwise, Trump remains a puzzle inside a riddle wrapped in a policy paper he never read.
    As a person, Trump's Putinesque tendencies worry me less than America's apparent appetite for them. But as has been discussed here and elsewhere, we have eight years of Democratic hyperaggression and GOPe acquiescence to thank for that. Trump is a symptom of what ails our polity, not the disease.
    So perhaps the question conscientious conservatives need to ask themselves going into November is this: Could Donald Trump prove to be the cure for Trumpism?
    I remain cautiously optimistic about the prognosis.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

So it's settled then. Trump fort President, Rubio for VP, and Cruz on the Supreme Court.
    We will be winning. We will be winning so much that we will get tired of winning.

Notice in the Trump/Clinton picture how Melania is holding Bill's hand up to her waist. I wonder if his hand had been slipping down....
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Uh oh. Mitt RINO Romney just on Cavuto. He says there's a bombshell in regards to Trump's taxes. They've been discussing this for over twenty minutes now. could be very bad for the Donald or maybe nothing much at all.

I'd love to see them jump on Trump about his taxes.

Anytime Trump is attacked, he turns the tables right back on them. Examples -- illegal immigrants, Megan Kelly, Fox News, The Pope, McCain, etc.

Get Trump started on our tax system and the IRS/government/bureaucrats won't know what hit them.

Everyone HATES paying taxes and most people have horror stories about working with the IRS so TPTB better be real careful before they hand that topic to Trump on a silver platter.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Trump is a master at it. One reason we need a CEO in the job as opposed to these career politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    I'd love to see them jump on Trump about his taxes.

Anytime Trump is attacked, he turns the tables right back on them. Examples -- illegal immigrants, Megan Kelly, Fox News, The Pope, McCain, etc.

Get Trump started on our tax system and the IRS/government/bureaucrats won't know what hit them.

Everyone HATES paying taxes and most people have horror stories about working with the IRS so TPTB better be real careful before they hand that topic to Trump on a silver platter.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Mega-donors, Koch brothers, make first moves toward Rubio support

Surely this isn’t shocking news for most of you, but since we featured the Republican establishment donors, Charles and David Koch the other day, this update is in order. The Kochs, like all of the large ruling class donors, want a candidate they can control….
    Koch man, Marc Short, implanted in Rubio campaign—a sure sign of where the Republican big donor money is headed.Unless something very dramatic happens for Ted Cruz, it looks like a massive battle is in the offing for the Republican Party between Marco Rubio, rapidly becoming the establishment elites’ favorite, and Donald Trump as the champion of those who want to throw the bums out.
    And, just a reminder, Donald Trump was the man most feared by the wealthy globalists at Davos this year!
    As we have said on many previous occasions (on facebook, on twitter and at RRW), Senator Marco Rubio went from being the Tea Party darling of 2010 to the water-carrier for the Open Borders Republicans (Gang of Eight in 2013!) and the Chamber of Commerce always looking for a ready supply of cheap immigrant labor. [BTW, I would respect them more if they all just said that the amnesty agenda is about labor for big business, and stopped pretending they are humanitarians!]
    So here is the story yesterday from Politico. You will see that the Kochs aren’t going to make their final move into Rubio’s ranks unless/until Ted Cruz is out because many of the vaunted grassroots that the Kochs think they control are still Cruz fans.
    Marc Short, the Koch brothers’ top political adviser in Washington and a trusted member of their inner circle for five years, is making a surprise move to the Marco Rubio campaign as a senior adviser as the Republican establishment ramps up efforts to stop Donald Trump.
    Short — president of Freedom Partners, the Kochs’ umbrella political organization — will join the campaign in about a week and brings deep connections to the donor and grass-roots worlds. [Freedom Partners is more like a Chamber of Commerce, see here. LOL! they all just love using buzz words like ‘freedom,’ ‘patriot,’ ‘grassroots,’ etc.—ed]
    “Marc has been running the most sophisticated political operation for the last few cycles, and really knows the mood of the electorate,” said Scott Reed, senior political strategist at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “This is a big sign of consolidation by the party.”
    Charles and David Koch have not endorsed in the presidential race and are unlikely to while there are still multiple viable candidates running against Trump, according to GOP sources. Top backers in the brothers’ network include supporters of Rubio and Sen. Ted Cruz. Any decision to get involved in the nomination race would likely come only if it narrowed to Trump and one of those senators, the sources said.
    Continue reading here.

Why is Mitt the loser even being asked about this. He sucked so bad he ran twice and couldn't get his magic underwear to help him win the prize. And of all people to start hollering about taxes considering how that happened to him shows that he is a first rate establishment hack.

If they really wanted to learn anything, perhaps they should spend more time finding out why more and more people are pissed at government in general and the establishment in particular and address those issues. Frigging morons.

Meanwhile I will just get more popcorn and a beer and sit back and watch their little heads explode as they see their nightmare elected. Bet they hate the idea of Trump looking at them and saying, "shut losers".

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppalong View Post
    So it's settled then. Trump fort President, Rubio for VP, and Cruz on the Supreme Court.
    We will be winning. We will be winning so much that we will get tired of winning.
    NO D@*N RINOS FOR VP.

Send Rubio back to Cuba.

Cruz for VP.