Page 49 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump...Thread

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive

Donald Trump, Black Swan

I was on Fox and Friends this morning to discuss my op-ed in today's New York Post that's been getting some attention:
    From its start, the Trump administration has been plagued by charges of “chaos.” From the revolving door of senior staffers — including two secretaries of state, three national security advisers and two chiefs of staff — to the president’s brash and sometimes boorish personal style, to his politically incorrect taunt-tweeting, Donald Trump has refused to conform to his political opponents’ conventional notions of what constitutes an effective White House operation. And yet, the economy is humming, hosts of regulations have been rolled back, the unemployment rate is down, job openings are soaring, taxes have been cut and black joblessness is at an all-time low. Prototypes for the wall along the Mexican border are being tested, raids by ICE are rounding up dangerous illegal aliens and the “travel ban” against several Muslim nations was argued last month before the Supreme Court, where the president’s authority over immigration will be upheld.
    In foreign affairs, the two Koreas are talking to each other, with a summit between Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un slated for June in Singapore, the ISIS “caliphate” has been effectively destroyed and just last week Trump yanked the carpets out from under the Iranian mullahs and canceled the nuclear deal negotiated — but never submitted to the Senate for ratification — by the Obama administration.
    In short, this has been the most effective administration since FDR’s first term. And it’s being accomplished in the teeth of the so-called “resistance,” which includes the overt hostility of nearly all the mainstream media, the embedded civil service, the Democrats, the never-Trump Republicans, rogue elements of the intelligence and investigative agencies and Robert Mueller’s investigation into charges of “collusion” with the Russians.
    Some “chaos.”

My point is that the Democrat-Media Complex has one definition of what constitutes an orderly presidency and, naturally, Trump's does not qualify. There's too much churn, too much rivalry, too much activity. To those for whom everything they learned they learned in kindergarten -- and that would especially be today's snowflake media -- Trump's brashness offends them to the core. Meanwhile, among the reporters of my generation, Trump is very much of the "not our crowd, dear" school of politician:
    The truth is, as much as they hate Trump’s policies, the president’s enemies hate the man even more. Donald Trump offends the establishment on a personal, visceral level. His opponents are the same folks who idolized Adlai Stevenson and thought Ike was just a dolt who somehow won World War II. Who worshipped John F. Kennedy (but were repelled by LBJ), hated Nixon, thought Reagan was an amiable dunce and erected shrines to Obama. They are the Ivy Leaguers, the credentialists, the Georgetown establishment for whom there is only one right way to conduct a presidency, and that is the Harvard-Democratic-groupthink way.
    The heck with that. We've had a skein of bien-pensant presidents, starting with Poppy Bush and continuing through Barack Obama who, despite his ideological bias, really got far less accomplished than he should have, owing to his love for basketball, hip-hop parties, and Air Force One. Not so Trump:
    What Trump understands, however, is what many great leaders have understood: that “chaos,” not consensus, is the way ideas are tried and tested. That if someone or something isn’t working, scrap it and try something else. Results are what count, not consistency: Trump’s ability to morph from saber-rattling lunatic to charming glad-hander infuriates them because they see it as phony.
    So what? It's also highly effective:
    Trump’s very unpredictability doesn’t just frighten the Beltway bonzes and chin-pullers, it also terrifies his opponents. While North Korea’s Kim remains hard to read, he’s also no longer firing missiles over Japan. The Saudis, following the strong American horse, have made their antipathy for the Iranian regime clear and are threatening to acquire their own nukes should Tehran overtly resume its nuke development. Having survived domestic uprisings in 2009 and 2017 by the restive Iranian young people, the graybeard mullahs won’t be so lucky a third time.
    Not that he'll get any credit for it. As I tweeted the other day, Trump could end the Korean War, sort out the Israelis and the Palestinians, and cure cancer, and the Left would still loathe him; after all, they continued to despise Nixon til the day he died, all because he defeated their beloved "pink lady," Helen Gahagan Douglas, in a Senate race in California that happened in 1950. But as the wheels come off the Mueller investigation, the economy keeps humming, and the administration's geo-political successes continue, that's just too damn bad.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Family of slain NYPD officer on CNN
    Children Of Slain NYPD Officer Thank Trump For Honoring Her Bravery

Saagar Enjeti
    White House Correspondent

9:23 AM 05/16/2018

The children of slain NYPD officer Miosotis Familia who President Donald Trump honored on stage at the National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service thanked him for the gesture during a Wednesday morning interview on CNN.

“In his speech he was talking about some stories of the fallen officers that I guess really stood out and one of those stories happened to be my mom’s story and the tragedy surrounding her death and when he invited us up on stage, a moment like that was very — it was very important and for my mom’s heroism and her legacy to be acknowledged by the president of the United States was a very special moment for us,” her daughter told CNN.
    Trump called Familia’s entire family on stage with him at the event. Trump held the hand of Familia’s elderly mother throughout the end of his speech and helped her off the stage.

Her son Peter recounted his feelings of having his family called on to the stage with Trump. “I was really happy that he called us up because I know that, you know, I’m honoring my mother and the fact that my mother’s name came out his mouth since he’s the president of the United States, I think that’s really huge, so, you know, I was delighted.”
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Partner Of Slain Cop Reveals What Trump Told Him In Private Conversation – Wow

Benny Johnson
    Reporter At Large

11:59 AM 05/16/2018

President Trump gave an impassioned speech to the 37th Annual National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service at the U.S. Capitol Building Tuesday.
    During a deeply emotional moment, Trump invited up the family of slain NYPD officer, Miosotis Familia, onstage. The family was joined by Familia’s partner, Vincent Maher.
    Familia was executed while sitting in her NYPD cop car by a mentally disturbed gunman with anti-cop views. During the ceremony, Maher gave president Trump a challenge coin in honor of Familia and the two men shared a private conversation away from the microphone.

Kevin Dietsch-Pool/Getty Images

Speaking on Fox News Wednesday, Officer Maher revealed what Trump told him in the private moment.
    “He just commented about what an amazing person she was,” Maher said of his partner,”He thanked me for my service and gave me an ‘attaboy.’ It was kind of cool.”
    Maher said that his former partner “loved” being a police officer and that it was “very unexpected” to be put on the spot by commander-in-chief.
    Maher said in conclusion that he appreciates Trump’s support of law enforcement, “I definitely feel the love from the higher ups these days as far as supporting law enforcement all over the country and it is nice to have it come from the top.”
    Trump welcomed Maher to give impromptu remarks at the event.
    Maher said, “[Familia] may have been lost that night, but she saved a lot of lives in turn because of her memory and everything that transpired after the fact.”

Among themselves they were laughing their a$$es off! They were going to bury DJT, his brand & his family for trying to join their club. If by some miracle he would win, they were going to have him regret it & run away. The man in this picture will make them pay for being born!pic.twitter.com/fG7IVWrh09

8:37 PM - 5 Apr 2018

MS-13 Gang Member Nicknamed “Animal” Sentenced To 40 Years For Murder…

Nancy Pelosi unavailable for comment.
    Via Washington Times:
    An MS-13 member who goes by the gang name “Animal” received a 40-year prison sentence this week for a conspiracy that included the murder of a 15-year-old boy, the U.S. attorney’s office in Massachusetts said Tuesday.
    The nickname, which the prosecutors highlighted in the headline of a press release, is particularly telling, coming just a week after President Trump called members of the violent, immigrant-fueled MS-13 gang “animals.”
    Joel Martinez, 23, admitted he murdered the 15-year-old as part of his initiation as a “homeboy” in Mara Salvatrucha, the gang’s full name. […]
    The White House says incidents like Martinez‘ murder-initiation back up Mr. Trump’s comment during a roundtable on sanctuary cities last week in which he said “these aren’t people, these are animals.”
    The president has used such language about MS-13 many times in the past, but this latest use drew an outsized reaction from immigrant-rights groups, congressional Democrats and news outlets — many of which misconstrued the president’s remarks to refer to all illegal immigrants.

Politifact should run more smoothly now.

PolitiFact Issues Blanket ‘Pants On Fire’ Rating For Any Future Statements Made By Donald Trump
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/politifac...-donald-trump/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Hypocritical G7 Ministers Rail Against Audacity of The U.S. Trade Position Requiring “Reciprocal and Fair” Trade Deals…

Posted on June 2, 2018 by sundance
    “No more stupid trade deals” ~ U.S. President Donald Trump
    From the G7 Mission Statement outlining the objectives of their meeting: “From May 31 – June 2, 2018, G7 Ministers responsible for development cooperation met in Whistler, Canada, to discuss their shared priorities on some of the most pressing global development and humanitarian challenges, including advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.”

However, as the G7 finance ministerial sessions wrapped up today, all the talk centered around their collective, and stunningly hypocritical, angst at new United States trade policy; specifically the imposition of Steel and Aluminum tariffs on imported goods.
    France, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and Italy all have trade tariffs and trade barriers far higher than the U.S. Each of the G7 nations has exploited the overwhelmingly one-sided access to the U.S. market for decades. As President Trump demands “reciprocal and fair” trade agreements – those same nations now balk at the same rules and duties they impose on the U.S. now being imposed against them.
    The European Union is a non-enumerated member of the G7, and does not chair nor hosts Summits; however, the EU head joins with the G7 in collective angst against a U.S. trade reset. It’s hilarious to watch them going bananas.
    WHISTLER, British Columbia (Reuters) – Finance leaders of the closest U.S. allies vented anger over the Trump administration’s metal import tariffs but ended a three-day meeting in Canada on Saturday with no solutions, setting the stage for a heated fight at a G7 summit next week in Quebec.
    U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin failed to soothe the frustrations of his Group of Seven counterparts over the 25 percent steel and 10 percent aluminum tariffs that Washington imposed on Mexico, Canada and the European Union this week.
    The other six G7 member countries asked Mnuchin to bring to President Donald Trump “a message of regret and disappointment” over the tariffs, Canadian Finance Minister Bill Morneau said at a press conference after the end of a three-day meeting in the Canadian mountain resort town of Whistler, British Columbia.
    “We’re concerned that these actions are actually not conducive to helping our economy, they actually are destructive, and that is consistently held across the six countries that expressed their point of view to Secretary Mnuchin,” he added. (read more)

Like Loading...