Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerry Is Toast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kerry Is Toast

He Deserves His Own Archive To Record The FAIL

Skilled Negotiator Kerry Once Again Forced To Appeal To Russia For Help On Syria…

Regime change is complicated.
    Via US News:
    Scrambling to resuscitate a nearly dead truce in Syria, the Obama administration has again been forced to turn to Russia for help, with little hope for the desired U.S. outcome.
    At stake are thousands of lives and the fate of a feeble peace process essential to the fight against the Islamic State group, and Secretary of State John Kerry has appealed once more to his Russian counterpart for assistance in containing and reducing the violence, particularly around city of Aleppo.
    Kerry spoke at length on Friday with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov to that end, and had been hoping to meet with Lavrov soon, according to U.S. officials. Kerry was scheduled to arrive in Switzerland late Sunday for talks with U.N. envoy Staffan de Mistura, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh, and planned to return to Washington on Monday.
    But Lavrov was not expected to be in Geneva, complicating Kerry’s efforts to make the case directly to the Russians for more pressure on their Syrian government allies to stop or at least limit attacks in Aleppo.
    The State Department said Kerry, in his meetings, would “review ongoing efforts to reaffirm the cessation of hostilities nationwide in Syria, obtain the full humanitarian access to which the Syrian government committed and support a political transition.”
    Specific, viable options to achieve those broad goals are limited, and Friday’s announcement of a new, partial cease-fire that does not include Aleppo underscored the difficulty Kerry faced.
    U.S. and other officials described that initiative, brokered mainly by Russia and the United States as co-chairs of the International Syria Support Group, as a “reinforcement” of the February truce, now largely in tatters, that they hope to extend from Damascus and the capital’s suburbs and the coastal province of Latakia to other areas.
    Keep reading…

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Kerry Warns Syria’s Assad: There Will Be “Repercussions” If He Breaks Ceasefire…
    Please, people, stop laughing, he’s serious this time.
    Via Reuters:
    U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry warned President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday of “repercussions” if he does not stick to a ceasefire brokered by Russia and the United States and move forward with a political transition aimed at ending Syria’s war.
    But Kerry said he still hoped diplomatic efforts could restore a nationwide Feb. 27 ceasefire to include Aleppo, which has felt the brunt of increased fighting in recent weeks.
    “If Assad does not adhere to this, there will clearly be repercussions, and one of them may be the total destruction of the ceasefire and then go back to war,” Kerry told reporters a day after emergency meetings in Geneva.
    “I don’t think Russia wants that. I don’t think Assad is going to benefit from that. There may be even other repercussions being discussed,” he added.
    It was unclear what Kerry meant by repercussions. Obama administration officials previously warned of consequences for Assad’s action in the country’s long-running civil war, but critics say Washington has failed to follow through with a more aggressive response
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Kerry Warns Assad to Step Down or He'll Make More Empty Threats

May 4, 2016
    Daniel Greenfield

Breathes there a dictator anywhere in the world who actually fears Kerry? Assad had dinner with Kerry back when the Dems had doubled down on the treason thing. On top of that, Kerry has been issuing empty threats to Syria while being overruled by Obama for a while now. If there's anyone whom no one is afraid of, it's John Kerry.
    So by all means...
    Secretary of State John Kerry warned Syria’s government and its backers in Moscow and Tehran on Tuesday that they face an August deadline for starting a political transition to move President Bashar Assad out, or they risk the consequences of a new U.S. approach toward ending the 5-year-old civil war.
    Sure. If Syria and Iran don't comply...
    1. Obama will start giving Iran slightly fewer billions of dollars
    2. Kerry will put on his saddest face and say, "Pretty please, Mr. Dictator"
    3. Obama will go back to doing all the stupid stuff that didn't work before, but he'll also warn that Assad is on the wrong side of history

Pick your terrifying consequences, please.
    “If Assad does not adhere to this, there will clearly be repercussions,” Kerry warned. “One of them may be the total destruction of the cease-fire and then go back to war. I don’t think Russia wants that. I don’t think Assad is going to benefit from that. There may be even other repercussions being discussed. That is for the future.”
    That would be inconvenient for Russia since the non-existent ceasefire is helping it gain advantage in the war. Just think what the war would be like if there were no ceasefire.
    “If Assad’s strategy is to somehow think he’s going to just carve out Aleppo and carve out a section of the country, I got news for you and for him: This war doesn’t end,” Kerry said.
    “As long as Assad is there, the opposition is not going to stop fighting,” he said.
    That also holds true if Assad leaves. Or if Kerry declares himself Queen of Syria. About the only thing that could stop everyone in Syria from fighting is a giant asteroid.
    But maybe next time Johnny's in Damascus, Assad can take him out to dinner again. Dictator's treat.

And in other news, I have bubblegum stuck to the sole of my shoe, proving a shoe has a sole, but kerry does not.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

John Kerry Tells College Students: Prepare For A Borderless World…
    A world without borders? That sounds like Mad Max.
    Via Washington Examiner:
    Secretary of State John Kerry took a shot at Donald Trump during his Friday commencement speech at Northeastern University, by saying no wall is big enough to keep dangerous terrorists out of the United States.
    “Many of you were in elementary school when you learned the toughest lesson of all on 9/11,” he said. “There are no walls big enough to stop people from anywhere, tens of thousands of miles away, who are determined to take their own lives while they target others.”
    “So I think that everything that we’ve lived and learn tells us that we will never come out on top if we accept advice from sound-bite salesmen and carnival barkers who pretend the most powerful country on Earth can remain great by looking inward,” Kerry added. “And hiding behind walls at a time that technology has made that impossible to do and unwise to even attempt.”
    Keep reading…

Sessions for Secretary of State.

What an complete misrepresentation of what happened on 9/11 and how it happened even by what the gov't has said how it happened.
    9/11 had nothing to do with walls. Our border was porous and just as bad today, but the gov't has said that 9/11 happened because of
    a failure in the intelligence communities which I don't particularly believe.

The problem with open borders is that we have no idea who is coming into the country or who is leaving the country. Although it may seem that
    who is leaving the country is not a problem it actually is a huge problem, because we don't know what they are leaving with. Intelligence gained
    while being in the country is used to prepare attacks.

People need to be inspected when entering the country as to their purpose, intent, and what they are bringing into the country. Open borders completely
    remove that. What are they bringing into the country? Bombs, disease, chemical agents? With open borders the answer is completely unknown.
    The problem with our borders now is that most people come through a border and are inspected, but many do not and cross wherever they can because they are
    not coming into the country legally and therefore cannot come across through a border where they are inspected or they are bringing in items that are not legal and again
    cannot come across where their goods may be inspected.

Without a border there is no country, nor can the american people know any peace or prosperity.

Schaide

Maybe it is because of my aging memory but I believe I read some months back that ole horse face and his director obomination terminated communications with their Russian counterpart in Syria... if so, this is truly laughable and a well deserved affront to the ole horse face.... pray, prep and protect...
    I cussed-out a board member, and I didn't even get a T-shirt when I was banned.