Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FALSE TEACHERS EXPOSED: Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel

thanks LFT,POST 28 was very helpful.
    i appreciate the effort

Hey,

Listened to part of it, but while listening I looked up John G. Lake who he was looking to.

From Wiki:

John Graham Lake (March 18, 1870 – September 16, 1935), usually known as John G. Lake, was a Canadian-American leader in the Pentecostal movement that began in the early 20th century, and is known as a faith healer, missionary, and with Thomas Hezmalhalch, co-founder of the Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa. Through his 1908–13 African missionary work, Lake played a decisive role in the spread of Pentecostalism in South Africa, the most successful southern African religious movement of the 20th century.[1]:98[2]:34 After completing his missionary work in Africa, Lake evangelized for 20 years, primarily along the west coast of the United States setting up "healing rooms" and healing campaigns, and establishing churches. Lake was influenced by the healing ministry of John Alexander Dowie and the ministry of Charles Parham.[3]
    And I might add:

Lake does not appear in contemporary newspapers until 1907 where he gave an account of his experience of speaking in tongues.[1]:105 In 1907 Lake was converted to Pentecostalism when Charles Parham staged a tent revival in Zion in an attempt to woo Dowie's supporters. After Parham's departure a group of several hundred "Parhamites" remained in Zion, led by Thomas Hezmalhalch—a recent arrival from the Azusa Street Revival

As 1907 wore on, Lake grew in stature among this group, and was usually listed as co-leader. After Parham's arrest for pedophilia in the summer of 1907, the Parhamites descended into a collective frenzy. Believing that many had been possessed by demons, a number of brutal exorcisms began, in which at least two deaths occurred.[16][17] In the face of arrests and potential mob violence, the Parhamites were forced to flee en masse from Illinois. Lake and Hezmalhalch left for Indianapolis. Once there, they raised $2000 to finance a Pentecostal mission to South Africa.
    Zion, Ill. my old stomping grounds.

Pedophilia, and people dying?????? Doesn't sound to much like the Holy Spirit to me.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth
    All I know is, anytime I hear someone start talking about "holy fire" or something similar, I immediately go into radar mode.
    Amen, me, too, or find the nearest exit if in a "church" type setting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    Amen, me, too, or find the nearest exit if in a "church" type setting!
    "Run Forrest, RUN!"

I'm going to post this again because I've searched and listened to many, many Bible teachers over the years and this man is unmatched. Period. End of story.

His name is Aaron Budjen and he became a Christian while studying to become a Rabbi. He is fluent in Hebrew and can read the original texts.

You simply CAN NOT get a Bible study like this anywhere else.

Here's a quick study on baptism, it's amazing.

You can find other topical studies here.

If you haven't listened to him yet, do yourself a favor and do it. You just can't get this kind of education these days.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Hey,

Listened to part of it, but while listening I looked up John G. Lake who he was looking to.

From Wiki:

And I might add:

Zion, Ill. my old stomping grounds.

Pedophilia, and people dying?????? Doesn't sound to much like the Holy Spirit to me.

A lot of people in the NAR circles idolize Lake. His sermons were regularly assigned reading in the ministry school I attended. Lots of testimonies of supposed healings, but his teachings were built on wonky doctrine. In fact, he was pushing the little gods heresy before Benny Hinn did:

http://www.spiritual-research-networ...lingrooms.html

I was channel surfing the other day and some clown associated with Mike Murdock made the most incredible promise. Send them some money, I forgot the exact amount, and you'll live an extra 15 years. Now I'm wondering if I took them up on that offer, and I didn't live 15 more years, how would I sue them?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Somebody's doing something about this:

John MacArthur Soars Out Of Lakewood Church Rafters To Elbow Drop Joel Osteen
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/john-maca...p-joel-osteen/

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

Quote Originally Posted by Bezukhov View Post
    I was channel surfing the other day and some clown associated with Mike Murdock made the most incredible promise. Send them some money, I forgot the exact amount, and you'll live an extra 15 years. Now I'm wondering if I took them up on that offer, and I didn't live 15 more years, how would I sue them?
    Years ago a friend of mine would get even with those who wronged him by sending $15.00 cash in the offender's name, along with their address, to Rex Humbard.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

It appears that Kenneth Copeland is at least honest:

Kenneth Copeland Assures Crowd That 100% Of Offering Proceeds Will Go Directly To Kenneth Copeland
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/kenneth-c...neth-copeland/

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel:

This John MacArthur is serious about the subject of women pastors.

Uh-Oh: John MacArthur Hosted A Women Pastors’ Conference, But It Was A Trap
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/uh-oh-joh...nference-trap/

Gandalf the Grey

My Disqus channel: