Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FALSE TEACHERS EXPOSED: Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel

Quote Originally Posted by ByGraceAlone View Post
    Do you have any good links related to this? It looks like they're trying to move pretty quick. Perhaps the devil knows his time is short?
    Not exactly what you're talking about but remember this from a couple years back? Pope meets with Copeland, Robinson, Osteen, etc. -- maybe laying some groundwork for the 'regathering' back to (ahem) 'mother'? Still using phone so just posting link (sorry): https://www.worthynews.com/16631-pop...-robison-video

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by ByGraceAlone View Post
    What if the first beast of Revelation is the Catholic Church and the second beast is this false protestantism?
    Yes, what if? Maybe the old commentators and preachers had something there.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.

Hey,

Ok you guys are pushing me to the limits of my techno abilities, but I did find one, so far.

More Steps to Church UnityIn 2014 at a Charismatic Evangelical Leadership Conference hosted by Kenneth Copeland, Tony Palmer, an anglican bishop said: “The protest is over”, and encouraged to unity with the Catholic Church. The audience of many charismatic Christian leaders seemed to embrace this message. While some Protestant Churches have stopped protesting, what does the Catholic Church say?
    On their website, vatican.va, there is an article called From Conflict to Communion, written together with Lutherans, talking about how they successfully shall unite. 4
    The Catholic Church and Lutheran Church signed a Joint declaration on the doctrine of justification, in 1999, and this is an attempt to narrow the theological divide between the two faiths. 5
    It is important to note that Luther did not only discover justification by faith, as the discussion seems to be about – there were 95 thesis.
    “The awareness is dawning on Lutherans and Catholics that the struggle of the sixteenth century is over. The reasons for mutually condemning each other’s faith have fallen by the wayside. Thus, Lutherans and Catholics identify five imperatives as they commemorate 2017 together.”
    “In 2017, we must confess openly that we have been guilty before Christ of damaging the unity of the church. This commemorative year presents us with two challenges: the purification and healing of memories, and the restoration of Christian unity in accordance with the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ (Eph 4:4–6).”
    They also invite all Christians to study this report open-mindedly and critically, and to come along “the way to a deeper communion of all Christians.” 4
    It is clear that 2017 marks an interesting year for the Catholic Church. First of all the Catholics will commemorate the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Reformation. Secondly, it marks fifty years of Lutheran–Roman Catholic dialogue. 4
    More at link: http://www.empowermissions.org/2017-...n-anniversary/

Another article with a different view:

The Reformation isn’t over. But Protestantism is, or should be.
    When I studied at Cambridge, I discovered that English Evangelicals define themselves over against the Church of England. Whatever the C of E is, they ain’t. What I’m calling “Protestantism” does the same with Roman Catholicism. Protestantism is a negative theology; a Protestant is a not-Catholic. Whatever Catholics say or do, the Protestant does and says as close to the opposite as he can.
    Mainline churches are nearly bereft of “Protestants.” If you want to spot one these days, your best bet is to visit the local Baptist or Bible church, though you can find plenty of Protestants among conservative Presbyterians too.
    http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclu...-protestantism

Another:

VATICAN CITY (Worthy News)-- A delegation of evangelicals led by televangelists Kenneth Copeland and James Robison met with Pope Francis for three hours last week at the Vatican.
    The meeting was set up by Bishop Tony Palmer, a bishop of the Anglican Episcopal Church in the United Kingdom. Last January, Palmer addressed a Kenneth Copeland pastor's conference calling for unity between Catholics and Protestants.
    "This meeting was a miracle," Robison told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "This is something God has done. God wants his arms around the world. And he wants Christians to put his arms around the world by working together."
    Over the past few years, Robison has led several conferences with evangelicals and Catholics working toward an ecumenical understanding. Robison along with Catholic philosopher Jay W. Richards wrote a book entitled, "Indivisible."
    Earlier this month, mega-church speaker Joel Osteen, also met with the Pope saying, "I love the fact that's he's made the Church more inclusive, not trying to make it smaller, but to try to make it larger — to take everybody in. So, that just resonates with me."
    However, critics have expressed concerns about the recent ecumenical gatherings, stating that ecumenicism is far from biblical and point to the understanding that the last religious ruler termed the "False Prophet" by many will gather the world into a false "one world religion."
    Over the past month, Pope Francis has been setting historical precedents beginning with his trip to Israel. It was the first time an entourage led by the Pope included both a Jew and a Muslim. Just a few weeks ago, the Pope led a prayer vigil with Israeli leader Shimon Peres, and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas at the Vatican. It was then that Islamic prayers and readings from the Quran were heard in the Vatican for the first time.
    Critics warn that Bishop Palmer's message delivered in January to a Copeland Pastor's conference spoke of the "spirit of Elijah" and the heart of God is to return back to the Father. However, Palmer spoke of did not speak of a return to God, but a return to the Catholic Church. As Palmer expounded saying, "If you're born again, you're all Catholics."
    https://www.worthynews.com/16631-pop...-robison-video

Now you see how weird this is right?

These same people met in Trump towers, and laid hands on Donald Trump to be president.

Earlier this month, we reported how Paula White set up an invitation-only meeting between Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and evangelical pastors.
    That meeting happened this week—and plenty of Pentecostals were there to lay hands on the billionaire, make declarations over his life and pray.
    Beyond Paula White, also present were Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Jentezen Franklin, David Jeremiah, Jan Crouch, Steve Munsey, Rabbi Kirt Schneider, Bishop George Bloomer, Bishop Darrell Scott and Clarence McClendon.
    In this video, Kenneth Copeland is praying over Trump.
    "No man can be successful as president of the United States without Your wisdom. And so we ask You today to give this man Your wisdom, boldly. Make sure and certain that he hears. Manifest Yourself to him," Copeland prayed. "And we thank You and praise You for a bold man, a strong man and an obedient man."
    http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/...r-donald-trump

What are your thoughts on this?
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDCVSaIabZE

well,
    if you have 20min check this guy out---baptism of fire

sounds right and answers some questions for me

i posted this here because i trust the judgement of all posters on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Hey,

Ok you guys are pushing me to the limits of my techno abilities, but I did find one, so far.

More at link: http://www.empowermissions.org/2017-...n-anniversary/

Another article with a different view:

http://www.firstthings.com/web-exclu...-protestantism

Another:

https://www.worthynews.com/16631-pop...-robison-video

Now you see how weird this is right?

These same people met in Trump towers, and laid hands on Donald Trump to be president.

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/...r-donald-trump

What are your thoughts on this?
    My thoughts are that Charismanews.com is the propaganda arm for the New Apostolic Reformation. If they're saying something, it's probably treachery, obscured by lies, clouded in witchcraft, and clothed in false Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post

well,

I'm not going to listen through all of that and try to figure out what he's talking about, it's convoluted.

You don't need to be water baptism to be saved. No clue what he means by "fire baptism" (can mean many things to people) or you have to be "dunked three times", that's just nonsense.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. ~ Ephesians 2:7-9

That's it. Period. No if's, and's or but's.
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

How can I be saved? What do I need to do?
    “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). God has already done all of the work. All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9). Fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sins. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16). God is offering you salvation as a gift. All you have to do is accept it. Jesus is the way of salvation (John 14:6).

more here...
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Question: "What is the baptism of/by/with fire?"

Answer:
    John the Baptist came preaching repentance and baptizing in the wilderness of Judea, and he was sent as a herald to announce the arrival of Jesus, the Son of God (Matthew 3:1-12). He announced, “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire” (Matthew 3:11).

After Jesus had risen from the dead, He instructed His apostles to “…wait for the Promise of the Father which you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now” (Acts 1:4-5). This promise was first fulfilled on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4), and the baptism of the Spirit joins every believer to the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). But what about the baptism with fire?

Some interpret the baptism of fire as referring to the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit was sent from heaven. “And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them” (Acts 2:2-3). It is important to note that these were tongues as of fire, not literal fire.

Some believe that the baptism with fire refers to the Holy Spirit’s office as the energizer of the believer’s service, and the purifier of evil within, because of the exhortation “Do not quench the Spirit” found in1Thessalonians 5:19. The command to the believer is to not put out the Spirit’s fire by suppressing His ministry.

A third and more likely interpretation is that the baptism of fire refers to judgment. In all four Gospel passages mentioned above, Mark and John speak of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but only Matthew and Luke mention the baptism with fire. The immediate context of Matthew and Luke is judgment (Matthew 3:7-12; Luke 3: 7-17). The context of Mark and John is not (Mark 1:1-8; John 1:29-34). We know that the Lord Jesus is coming in flaming fire to judge those who do not know God (2 Thessalonians 1:3-10; John 5:21-23; Revelation 20:11-15), but praise be to God that He will save all that will come and put their trust in Him (John 3:16)!

more...
    ¤ Loose Change

It's interesting how many false teachers use "FIRE!" or "FIRE ON YOU", perhaps it's demonic nature is to try and preserve the judgment of fire the lost are going to receive?

All I know is, anytime I hear someone start talking about "holy fire" or something similar, I immediately go into radar mode.
    ¤ Loose Change

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post

well,

That guy has a lot of weird ideas that are not scriptural, I'm not even going to bother watching that video. I've seen a bunch of his stuff years ago. He was actually on my youtube feed for a long while. Then people who went through his little compound began to come out and testify to some of the weird nonsense going on there. It's just another flavor of unbiblical, charismaniac moves of what they all presume is the Holy Spirit. And I believe and know the Spiritual gifts are at work in this age, I'm not anticharismata.

Also, it was revealed he has had multiple women come and go as "wives" over the years. More than that, a married couple went there hoping it was a safe place for Christians and ended up splitting because some "spirit" they thought was the Holy Spirit was telling them he wasn't the right husband God had for her, so she hooked up with someone else in their compound.