Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Request from a Former Mormon

Default Request from a Former Mormon

I know from being a long-time member here that there are Christians of varying stripes here. Perhaps you can help this gentleman find a venue? (Especially if you live in Texas, California or Atlanta) He covers all his own costs.

Now Christians
    June 29, 2016

I finished and submitted for print a new book addressed to Christians. The book is an attempt to re-introduce Joseph Smith as an important Christian figure, separate from institutional Mormonism. It is time he became relevant to all Christians, and no longer regarded as the property of Mormonism. The new book should be available on Amazon by early August if anyone is interested.

The time has come to give attention to Christians who are not part of the Mormon tradition. Other faiths need to be invited to think about what God is doing to finish His work. Christians have barriers, including prejudices and traditions, but all need to be invited to consider how great things the Lord has done for mankind.

For several months I have solicited the opportunity to speak at several theological schools. Although I did get invited to speak to a group of “Mormon Studies” graduate students in California, they are not who I need to address. The other efforts have not proven successful. Accordingly, I thought it appropriate to make it public. I am looking for an opportunity to speak to a Christian audience, and enlist help from others.

If anyone knows of a Christian venue that meets the description below, please contact me and let me know:

I would like to give three talks, one in California, one in Texas and one in Atlanta. I will pay my own travel costs, and do not expect or want to be compensated for speaking. The audience should be comprised of Christians, and not Mormons. I would like to record the talks and make them available on-line for others to hear. The size of the venue is unimportant. I would prefer a theological school, but would welcome any venue with a Christian audience, including a church if one were available. Below is a brief biographical description you can use to solicit the invitation:

I converted to the LDS church when 19 years old, and served faithfully for 40 years. Among other things, I was an Elder’s Quorum President, Sunday School President, Bishop’s counselor, Ward Mission Leader, High Councilor, and Graduate Institute Instructor. I taught for three years at BYU Education Week on the Brigham Young University campus in Provo, Utah. I graduated from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University in 1980, and have practiced law for 36 years. I have authored 15 volumes on Mormonism, including Mormon history and doctrine. I was excommunicated for publishing a book challenging the traditional LDS church narrative of its history, and offering a new interpretation of the events. My excommunication was directed by Elder Russell M. Nelson, current President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of the LDS church.

I will be addressing the topic of Joseph Smith as a significant Christian figure, worthy of considering alongside all other important Christian thinkers, writers and martyrs.

You can send a response to dssnuffer@gmail.com.
    http://denversnuffer.com/2016/06/now-christians/

Mormonism and Islam have an awful lot in common.....they were both masterminded by crackpots who created "Fake" gods. (Mormonism lacerates and rips apart the christian bible and then ads its own "Book of Mormon".)

There is absolutely NOTHING Legitimate or "significant" about either "religion".

Illegitimate religions are right up Satan's ally. He's been doing it for thousands of years.
    Semper Fi

Jesus Christ is Always Faithful

AMERICANISM
    NOT
    GLOBALISM

Ban GODWIT

I will be addressing the topic of Joseph Smith as a significant Christian figure, worthy of considering alongside all other important Christian thinkers, writers and martyrs.
    Nope. He lost me right there.

I forgot the site, but there is a very authoritative classification of Christian Sects and Denominations done by the Catholic Church. While most sects are considered as seperated brethren, the Mormons along with Jehovah's Witness are not even classified as Christians.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

I thought LDS folks were welcome on this site and could be here without having their religion bashed......

.......guess not.

And for what it's worth, I do consider myself a Christian.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    I thought LDS folks were welcome on this site and could be here without having their religion bashed......

.......guess not.

Yeah, we did come across that way. Mormonism is a tricky subject since it is not classified as Christian by the Catholic Church. Personally I know a few Mormons...great folks.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    ... Mormonism is a tricky subject since it is not classified as Christian by the Catholic Church...
    http://denversnuffer.com/2015/11/a-gospel-of-christ/

... I have written only one account of my testimony, witness and gospel (announcement of “good news”) of Christ, and published it in the book Come, Let Us Adore Him. To avoid the inevitable criticism I would receive if I were to use a different pronoun, adverb or adjective by giving a second account, I intend to leave the account in that book to stand as the only statement I will make about those visits from the Lord.

He took some patience over a number of visits to help me understand His suffering in the atonement. Then He showed me His resurrection. The account of Gethsemane and the resurrection in Come, Let us Adore Him are consolidated into one narrative, although it required a number of visits for me to understand. It is written in the third person, imitating the Apostle Paul in 2 Cor. 12:2-5.

The Lord wanted my testimony of what He suffered to be public. The book has not been widely read, and I do not think that it needs to be. Those who are interested in His great condescension for our sake can seek it out. It was meant for them. For that reason I have never repeated it.

There have been other encounters between the Lord and me, including a first one that conveyed interesting information about His return in glory. I believe He will want that one to be made public at some point, but He will have to determine whether and when that will happen. I have no intention to go beyond the specific direction He gives.

1. mormon doctrine and the book of mormon directly contradict the Bible, therefore
    2. Joseph smith is DETRIMENTAL to Christianity

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post

.......guess not.

You are very welcome here.....even if you're wrong most of the time....JK:))

It's not easy, being a Mormon.

Mormon Missionaries Flee In Terror After Realizing They Had Knocked On David Platt’s Door
    (Satire)

http://babylonbee.com/news/mormon-mi...d-platts-door/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/