Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Request from a Former Mormon

Absolutely. She has many things in common with many of us on this forum.

I think most LDS would make decent neighbors . There are those LDS who try and recruit others, though. Once they find out there is no interest in converting, they tend to just leave you be and don't do much in the way of social graces after that. I would not think Homesteader to be in that LDS category.

We all fail. Christ doesn't . It's wonderful to count on Him to make up for our failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    As I said, my beliefs are not Homesteader's but think I would find her a great neighbor and, possibly, friend out here.

And I fail daily in my Walk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    The Seminary....

"Our Chapel's room to share unique education and challenge beliefs. Doctrinal discussions and opposing views of the Word- Remember though to love, know, and serve God in your discussion here."

This is the purpose of the Seminary. Maybe we should have a list of all belief systems, cults, and religions that this doesn't apply to.
    I agree. Not everyone, even though reading the bible, has the same beliefs that they walk away with. Through my different versions of "beliefs", the same words ended up meaning different things according to the "belief".
    I reccomend! http://www.awkwardmomentsbible.com/

"Empty barrels make the most noise"

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    Those who know me over the long period of time that I have been on TTOL, will know that I normally don't rant. But I'm tired. Tired of where the world is headed. Tired of what this forum has become. Tired of all the folks who think it's their duty to tell everyone else how to live.

First off, this thread is in the COC. I have always been careful to stay out of the chapel. I am a convert who joined the LDS church when I was 30. I did this with my eyes completely wide open. I have read all the anti-Mormon stuff out there, but at the end of the day, I know that I made the right choice for me. Might not be the right choice for you, but I have never tried to say it was -over and over and over- again like some people on here feel about their choice. Believe me that as a Mormon living in a non-Mormon area, I have a pretty thick skin and tolerance to insult but I'm getting frustrated with the inability of people to let others live and let live.

When I'm spending my little bit free time catching up on the latest news, I don't want to be bombarded with a bunch of garbage about a belief system that I hold dear. Believe me, I can get that from my Baptist neighbors and the local Calvary Church in town. You know what, it gets old after a while. And after seeing the "love?!?" extended to those of differing beliefs, there is no way I would ever join their hate filled churches.

I would challenge everyone to go back and read this whole thread and tell me how this was kind and respectful. I know that is a lot to ask from the current TTOL members -- kind and respectful discourse has been gone from here for quite a while. Which is probably why the active members on here are getting to be fewer and fewer.

So now, I'm sure this thread will continue on for another twenty pages talking about how I, who is so obviously wrong, (in their perfect eyes) should grow a thicker skin and not get offended so easily. Or that they have the right to say whatever they want because ___________. Well let me pass on a word of advice, kindness and respect never go out of style. And I would recommend that people start taking personal responsibility and look at their actions. Just because you can be rude and offensive doesn't mean you should.
    If it works for you I wouldn't let these guys bother you..Now if you were a Mason and a Mormon think how that would go..
    I've seen the biggest rednecks I knew growing up turn Jehovah and it really helped them turn their lives around.
    Have seen others turn to different religions and get through very bad times..I myself am a non practicing Catholic but still in many ways a Catholic.I don't care what the church thinks about it....Nor these guys..Basically why let them bother you.You know who and what you are and if your comfortable with that don't let the fundamentalist crap on here bother you.

Haven't seen Homesteader since this started.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Warning! Old Thread!

Wow, a sequel!!!

Action-Packed Sequel To The Book Of Mormon Announced
    Satire

http://babylonbee.com/news/action-pa...mon-announced/
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

Funny post. But another shameful thread to dredge up..... If nothing else, the pack of wolves here is consistent. Poor Homesteader. I wonder where she is now. Likely avoiding protestants at all costs.....
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)