Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Request from a Former Mormon

Do you believe Christ was born of a woman, Lived as a man, died as a sacrifice of innocent blood in redemption for the sins of mankind? Was 3 days in the tomb, then risen, walked again amongst the living and after 40 days rose to the heavens, and sits at the right hand of God the Father? Yes?

Then you're ok with me.

Religions of men are worthless.

Faith in Yeshua, our savior Christ, is all there is.

Those who believe are welcome here.

Please leave all unnecessary baggage at the carousel...
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    Actually not the case. We discuss among the faithful. Mormonism picks up after the Church had settled doctrine and as you can see from Look4truths post it strays way off.
    Actually...it is the case.
    Mormons aren't actively attacking your faith. Nor are they infringing upon your rights to practice your faith. At best, they're competing for market share.
    "In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by HouseWolf View Post
    Do you believe Christ was born of a woman, Lived as a man, died as a sacrifice of innocent blood in redemption for the sins of mankind? Was 3 days in the tomb, then risen, walked again amongst the living and after 40 days rose to the heavens, and sits at the right hand of God the Father? Yes?
    Yup.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Actually...it is the case.
    Mormons aren't actively attacking your faith. Nor are they infringing upon your rights to practice your faith. At best, they're competing for market share.
    Actually you are incorrect. They, through their contradiction of doctrine are attacking sound teachings founded by the Catholic Church. We separated brethren, argue amongst ourselves over mostly trivial positions of faith whereas Mormonism has at it's base of faith another Christ leading to error.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Anyway, I'm dropping out of this because Homesteader is top-notch in my book and this subject is only going to go nowhere fast.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    I thought LDS folks were welcome on this site and could be here without having their religion bashed......

.......guess not.

And for what it's worth, I do consider myself a Christian.

You are more than welcome here.

I consider you a Christian as well.

But then I am just an evil Mason, so what does my opinion count?

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    Yup.
    Do you believe God used to be a man on another planet?
    Do you believe God resides near a star called Kolob?
    Do you believe The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s?
    Do you believe God is in the form of a man?
    Do you believe God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens?
    Do you believe as a Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god?
    Do you believe there is a mother god?
    Do you believe God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children?
    Do you believe The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?

Is Mormonism a cult?

It's not about "bashing", it's about Truth. Do you want to know the Truth or continue taking offense when your beliefs are challenged with Truth?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. ~ Matthew 7:13-14
    ¤ Loose Change

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. ~ Psalm 16:8

Quote Originally Posted by Look4Truth View Post
    Do you believe God used to be a man on another planet?
    Do you believe God resides near a star called Kolob?
    Do you believe The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s?
    Do you believe God is in the form of a man?
    Do you believe God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens?
    Do you believe as a Mormon, you have the potential of becoming a god?
    Do you believe there is a mother god?
    Do you believe God is married to his goddess wife and has spirit children?
    Do you believe The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?

Is Mormonism a cult?

It's not about "bashing", it's about Truth. Do you want to know the Truth or continue taking offense when your beliefs are challenged with Truth?

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. ~ Matthew 7:13-14

When I talk to my friends who are of other religions and I find something that I don't agree with, I remind myself of this scripture and then I let it go. I believe that Satan is behind strife and it's better to find what we have in common and work together rather than tear good people apart.

KJV Mark 9:38-41

38And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
    39But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
    40For he that is not against us is on our part.
    41For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

And have been in bed with one another over the years, too. Adnan Khashoggi comes to mind with LDS Church helping broker arms deals...and then Khashoggi investing in Salt Lake City.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    Mormonism and Islam have an awful lot in common.....they were both masterminded by crackpots who created "Fake" gods. (Mormonism lacerates and rips apart the christian bible and then ads its own "Book of Mormon".)

There is absolutely NOTHING Legitimate or "significant" about either "religion".

Illegitimate religions are right up Satan's ally. He's been doing it for thousands of years.

I didn't know Joseph Smith used Seer Stones to translate those tablets he found. And here is an interesting analogy to prove it:

Not long ago, the Church published photos and background information on seer stones. People have asked me, “Do you really believe that Joseph Smith translated with seer stones? How would something like this be possible?” And I answer, “Yes! That is exactly what I believe.” This was done as Joseph said: by the gift and power of God.

In reality, most of us use a kind of “seer stone” every day. My mobile phone is like a “seer stone.” I can get the collected knowledge of the world through a few little inputs. I can take a photo or a video with my phone and share it with family on the other side of our planet. I can even translate anything into or from many different languages!

If I can do this with my phone, if human beings can do this with their phones or other devices, who are we to say that God could not help Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration, with his translation work? If it is possible for me to access the knowledge of the world through my phone, who can question that seer stones are impossible for God?

Many religions have objects, places, and events that are sacred to them. We respect the sacred beliefs of other religions and hope to be respected for our own beliefs and what is sacred to us. We should never be arrogant, but rather polite and humble. We still should have a natural confidence, because this is the Church of Jesus Christ.
    https://www.facebook.com/lds.dieter....type=3&theater
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/