Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Quality of Go

Either we go or we are likely to die out sooner rather than later and "we" includes all of the life on this planet. There are probably going to be 12 billion people, and maybe as much as 16 billion, on this rock before long and that is going to mean a much lower quality of life for everyone. We'll be drowning in our own wastes. If that doesn't kill us, sooner or later something catastrophic will hit us.

Beyond that practical consideration, humanity stagnates without a frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by kiawahman View Post
    We don't deserve to go/be anywhere else.
    This planet was once our "Shangri La". It would have taken commitment, selflessness, discipline, as God gave us free will, to maintain ourselves but we didn't. Instead "we" engaged in efforts to exploit one and other, greed took root and it became every man for himself.

When the last of "wee the peeps" has drawn a final breath, this planet can begin to heal itself ... there should be no escaping for any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    humanity stagnates without a frontier.
    The word "frontier", can I presume your meaning to be something to conquer, to dominate?

O.W.

As a Born Again Christian I don't think that the space program will survive the coming "time of troubles".

Besides, In eternity, I get Free Frequent Flyer Miles....LOL
    Semper Fi

Jesus Christ is Always Faithful

AMERICANISM
    NOT
    GLOBALISM

Ban GODWIT

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    The word "frontier", can I presume your meaning to be something to conquer, to dominate?
    Something to explore, but conquering and dominating often follow. Even in space, we would eventually be conquering and dominating each other because that is part of the human experience. There's no reason to expect that this will change much, since it hasn't in recorded history.