Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grand Jury Indicts Representative Corrine Brown – Corruption, Fraud, Conspiracy

OOPS! She's and old broad who has been around the horn awhile. Bet you stole a lot more than what they got her for in her 24 years of being in Congress
    --------------------------------------------------
    There are two ways to be fooled.
    One is to believe
    what isn't true;
    the other is to refuse
    to believe what is true.
    ~~Soren Kierkegaard 1813-1855

corrine brown

Disgraced Democrat Congresswoman Corrine Brown Pleads For Mercy, Prosecutors Ask For Prison Time

She was just doing her job as a public servant.
    Via WTLV:
    Former Jacksonville area Congresswoman Corrine Brown took the stand Thursday afternoon, pleading for mercy from federal judge Timothy Corrigan.
    “I am sorry you have to be here today to see me in this situation,” Brown said in her statement to the court. “I never imagined I would one day be in court asking people to speak on my behalf – never. In hindsight, I wished I had been more diligent in overseeing my personal and professional life The idea that some people could believe these charges hurt me because it runs contrary to everything I’ve ever believed and done in my life. I hope and pray these proceedings to don’t make them [ordinary people] lose faith in the system. I humbly ask for mercy and compassion.”
    Brown was convicted on 18 counts of fraud and corruption in May.
    The lead prosecutor in the sentencing hearing argued Thursday that the former congresswoman should be sentenced to about 7.5 to 9 years in federal prison. Her defense attorney is seeking probation and community service.
    Prsecutor Tysen Duva told the court based on her actions during the investigation and in the trial, she should receive the most prison time out of the three co-conspirators.
    Brown wore a magenta suit to the courthouse Thursday and briefly appeared in the overflow courtroom prior to the sentencing hearing.
    Brown’s defense attorney James Smith objected to various aspects of the sentencing recommendations, including how much money Brown should be culpable for.
    Prosecutor Duva asked the court, “What accountability does the law require?” during his presentation.
    Duva said Brown was accustomed to receiving money she should not have received.
    She also lied about donations to colleges, churches and other entities.
    He also argued that Brown has made ludicrous comments during the investigation, including a comment where she essentially said that had investigators not been looking into her case, the Pulse shooting in Orlando would never have happened. She also referred to the charges as “bogus” and “racist,” implying that she was targeted for her race in the case.
    Duva objected to that notion by saying, “She was targeted because she committed fraud, not because she was black or white.”
    She attacked numerous agencies during the investigation, which Duva states shows her character as a person.
    “Why do you support someone who says this nonsense?” Duva questioned the court Thursday, referring to the upcoming character witnesses set to speak.
    Duva claims Brown “failed miserably” at being transparent during her time in office as a congresswoman.
    “This is systemic and this is who she became,” said Duva, arguing the character witnesses cannot overshadow the conduct she performed in the criminal case.
    “It’s not something that should be present in American democracy,” he said.
    Duva said the judge has to make a difficult decision in this case.
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Dis conviction be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I hope they hang her A--. Anymore you can figure if there is one in the wood pile, there are 100 more just like her that need to be taken out.

2 or 3 years at club fed is more like it

[QUOTE]Her defense attorney is seeking probation and community service.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that what she was already doing as a Congresswoman?
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Inmates Claim Corrine Brown Getting Special Treatment

The Queen of Cell Block C.
    Via News4Jax:
    The News4Jax I-TEAM has obtained letters and emails from two inmates who claim Corrine Brown has received special treatment during the first two weeks of her five-year prison sentence.
    Security officials inside the minimum-security prison camp that is part of the Coleman Federal Correctional Complex in Central Florida — where the 71-year-old former Democratic congresswoman reported to Jan. 29 — said she’s treated like everyone else.
    But according to inmates, Brown has been getting everything from massages to being able to wear wigs.
    “New mattress, kissing up all day and all night by both staff and residents … and she got to keep a bunch of wigs,” one inmate wrote.
    The inmate added that the unit manager secured Brown a nice bed and even made the bed for her.
    Another inmate wrote a letter, which reads, “The day she came in administration made the girls go clean her a window room.”
    The letter goes on to say, “She had to have a brand new mattress. She has girls that are in prison at her beck and call. She says they are on her payroll. Where we got one chicken pattie for lunch she gets 2. The officers allows her to have massages every night.”
    That inmate also claims that Brown is allowed to wear “brand new high-top leather sneakers” that aren’t even sold in the prison commissary.
    The inmate concludes, “I never thought I would see such unfairness.” […]
    Rojas said other inmates often exaggerate what goes on behind bars.
    “All the other inmates, they’re treating her nice, giving her candy bars,” said Rojas, the president of the Council of Prison Local C-33. “But as far as we are, we can’t do that, No. 1, because that’s an ethics violations.”
    The I-TEAM was also told that the female wing of the facility is very safe, there’s minimal violence, and inmates of Brown’s age congregate with older inmates and seldom have problems with other inmates.
    Brown — who was convicted last summer of federal corruption, conspiracy, tax evasion and fraud — was sentenced in December to five years in prison, three years of probation and to make restitution of $250 per month.
    Keep reading…
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

... five years? She'll be out for model behavior before the end of next.

Had she been one of "wee peepses" an easy 20 to life.

O.W.