Spiritual Encounter #5

This encounter was mentioned in " My Story " a testimony of how I got saved, and Jesus Christ became my Lord and Savior in 1975. God does have a plan for your life, and I have a testimony to prove it.
At the time of this spiritual encounter I was seeking work, having been unemployed for 4 months, and desperately needing work to provide for my family. I was spending a lot of time in Gods Word and seeking His help in finding a job soon. Was this job opportunity from God or was it me making the decision to except it?

It had been a long time since I done any field, are shop work, I was praying that wouldn't be a problem for me. It was a couple of weeks later, I received a phone call wanting to know if I would be interested doing some duct work, and installing a ventilator hood, in Pop Pies Chicken, I excepted the job, even if it was to last only two weeks.

Getting up and going to work was no problem, it just meant I would have to get-up a little earlier to pray before I had breakfast and head-off to work. My first day working on the roof installing a hood fan went real good. The second day I was praying in my garage as I was walking around, now for me to do that was not unusual at all, done that many times. As I stopped for a moment, I though, I heard the Holy Spirit, say pray for your back, then I though it happen again, but putting that though away, I continued praying for family and love ones as usual.

It was inside around noon I had to finish caulking a ventilator, just before lunch break, I was climbing up the ladder when one of the legs kicked out, and I lost my grip and fell, to the concrete floor on my butt. The men working in and around me wanted to know if I was OK, I said sure, just so I wouldn't be sent home. I had my lunch and worked the remaining part of the day, in such pain, moving my legs was almost impossible. I managed to drive my car home, I had to have had Gods help, because my back was broken in two places, with a crushed disk, at the third lumbar, meaning I would be in bed for several weeks, before I could walk again. Wishing now that I would of listened to the Holy Spirit, and covered my back in prayer, that morning. How many times do we not listen to God, and go on doing our own thing, another lesson for me, pay attention, to the Lord, because Satan has come to kill and destroy us, but Jesus Christ has come that we can live under his protection, and have eternal life.

I'm very hard headed, we need to listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying, because He knows, what is best for you, and your family. We now live dangerous times, when our Faith will be tested, in full measure, as we put our trust, in Our Savior Jesus Christ. He will never leave us or forsake us.

The Lord told me later He was going to heal my back, and He did, when I got back to Reno NV. I was able to give testimony to his healing power, and how God does have a plan for each one of us.

In one Full Gospel Business Meeting that we held for "The Right of Passage" a prison for underage kids, all in their early teens, more than 50 of them came forward crying they wanted Jesus Christ as their Savior. The Holy Spirit moved mightily in this grope of young teenagers.

God Bless

To Be Continued: