Part 10 "My Story"

At this point in time I have been unemployed for four months, sending my resume to more than twenty five companies, across the USA. At one point I traveled to Denver Colorado and worked two days, finding out that the company was not right for me, after a lot of praying the Holy Spirit, I felt was telling me no. You see by now, I was so desperate, taking a job anywhere, but Denver would mean moving again, at my expense, and that was impossible, with our money situation.

After arriving home on a Friday evening, it felt good just to be with my wife and sons, I just new God had a plan for us, we just needed to be patient, for it to happen, in the St.Louis area. I would get up early every mornings, to read my bible, sometimes I would take my car, to a park near by, and watch the sunrise, thanking God for another day, and what His plan was for us. There were many days, I would just read my bible, underlining all the verses the Holy Spirit pointed out, now understanding these verses for the first time, having read them many times before. The Lord had me reading all sixty six books, Genesis through Revelations, settling down in the Book of Psalm, where I found daily strength and joy in the Lord, as we walked together every day, in His Word, underlining each verse, I felt pertaining to us. Learning to trust the Lord, with all our problems, I now had a good idea of how David felt, when he was on the run from Saul.

We found out from another company, that someone was slandering my name, and giving me a bad reputation, in the food-service business around the St. Louis area. I never did find out who that individual was, but I always suspected the company in Reno, most-likely they would be contacted first, due to the fact that was my longest place at work. My wife and I discussed this over, and this very well meant, I would have to seek a job, outside of the St. Louis area. This was such a big blow to my wife, because she was settled-in, now enjoying, being with her family, and friends again, another move was not in the cards for her, are me, as far as that goes.

Later that day, on Saturday, my wife was in bed crying her eyes-out over this, she was so up-set that she ask me to call the Pastor for prayer, this was more then she could handle, but I didn't feel it was necessary, because I was learning to trust God in these situations. This all happened, the same day, at the same time, the pastor said the Holy Spirit, had him pray for my family, also take up a offering during the Sunday morning service for us.

All this time I still believed this was where we would find us a home, and live our life around our family and love ones. My wife and I pretty much gave-up the idea of me working for any food service company, so we started looking into owning a business, we looked at Dairy Queen, then making Cinnamon Rolls, the kind they sell in shopping malls, this being a new franchise, available at that time. With none of these businesses panning out, I called Local 26 Sheet Metal Workers Union, in Reno, asking the Union president, if he could get me back in the union, he said sure not a problem, this would help me get a job with Local 36 in St. Louis on the "B" list, meaning, I could work only if no "A" list workers were available.

It had been a long time since I done any field, are shop work, I was praying that wouldn't be a problem for me. It was a couple of weeks later, I received a phone call wanting to know if I would be interested doing some duct work, and installing a ventilator hood, in Pop Pies Chicken, I excepted the job, even if it was to last only two weeks.

Getting up and going to work was no problem, it just meant I would have to get-up a little earlier to pray before I had breakfast and head-off to work. My first day working on the roof installing a hood fan went real good. The second day I was praying in my garage as I was walking around, now for me to that was not unusual at all, done that many times. As I stopped for a moment, I though, I heard the Holy Spirit, say pray for your back, then I though it happen again, but putting that though away, I continued praying for family and love ones as usual.

It was inside around noon I had to finish caulking a ventilator, just before lunch break, I was climbing up the ladder when one of the legs kicked out, and I lost my grip and fell, to the concrete floor on my butt. The men working in and around me wanted to know if I was OK, I said sure, just so I wouldn't be sent home. I had my lunch and worked the remaining part of the day, in such pain, moving my legs was almost impossible. I managed to drive my car home, I had to have had Gods help, because my back was broken in two places, with a crushed disk, at the third lumbar, meaning I would be in bed for several weeks, before I could walk again. Wishing now that I would of listened to the Holy Spirit, and covered my back in prayer, that morning. How many times do we not listen to God, and go on doing our own thing, another lesson for me, pay attention, to the Lord, because Satan has come to kill and destroy us, but Jesus Christ has come that we can live under his protection, and have eternal life.

Again I had the opportunity to study his word as I lay there on my back, also time was running out on this rented house, we live in, we would have to move out soon, because our year lease was up, and the owners were going to move back. As soon as I was able to walk again I decided to go to Real Estate school, four hours a night, four days a week, to get my Missouri License. Four weeks later it came time for State, and National, exams, my classmates and I numbering around one hundred, were all waiting to get our test results. When the test scores came back only a third of the class passed both exams, required, for your Missouri Real Estate License. With much prayer and faith, I passed, Praise God.

We found a very nice tutor home on a quite street in Chesterfield Mo. that we liked not far from our church and schools, where my two sons were attending. My wife and I made a real low offer on this beautiful home not expecting the owner to except it, but they did. Praise God for answered prayer. Was this finely over and we could now relax and go on living our life around Family and Friends? That answer will come in my next and finial post on this "My Story"

To be continued:

Angels Watching Over Us, is also part of my Testimony after 41 years as a Believer in Jesus Christ as my Savior.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...tching-Over-Us