Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Social security surplus? Heheheh ... yeah.

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to present your basic "government economics 101" thread.

Mildly amusing to say the least.

O.W.
    For some basic econ, please read http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the...under-clinton/

Or, if you wish, I can point you to some US Treasury reports

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    .... Or, if you wish, I can point you to some US Treasury reports
    Again, thanks.

O.W.

Could someone tell me how we can have a National Debt and a surplus at the same time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel M29c View Post
    Could someone tell me how we can have a National Debt and a surplus at the same time ?
    ... Tony?

O.W.

AUnut is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Your numbers do not include the Social Security surplus that accumulated during the Clinton years.

Uhhhhhhh, yea, sure.

Wow, can I get some of what yur smokin?

AUnut
    Pro is the opposite of con, that is easily seen. So if progress is to move forward, what does congress mean? - Nipsey Russell

How about this ! Didn't know this.
    "On Jan. 8, 1835, all the big political names in Washington gathered to celebrate what President Andrew Jackson had just accomplished. A senator rose to make the big announcement: "Gentlemen ... the national debt ... is PAID." That was the one time in U.S. history when the country was debt free."

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel M29c View Post
    The national debt is the total amount that the federal government owes. It currently is large.

The budgetary surplus for a particular month or year is the amount by which government revenues exceeded government expenditures in that period. Last month (Sept), the federal government had a surplus, but it was far from enough to reduce its total debt to zero.

In the last 4 years of the Clinton presidency, the federal government had surpluses. It was projected at the time that if continued for the next ten years, those surpluses would be enough to reduce the total national debt to zero.
    Last edited by TonyM; 10-31-2016 at 01:11 PM.

AUnut is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

The national debt is the total amount that the federal government owes. It currently is large.

The budgetary surplus for a particular month or year is the amount by which government revenues exceeded government expenditures in that period. Last month (Sept), the federal government had a surplus, but it was far from enough to reduce its total debt to zero.

In the last 4 years of the Clinton presidency, the federal government had surpluses. It was projected at the time that if continued for the next ten years, those surpluses would be enough to reduce the total national debt to zero.
    Just because you repeat the disinformation that you previously stated, doesn't make it true.

AUnut
    Pro is the opposite of con, that is easily seen. So if progress is to move forward, what does congress mean? - Nipsey Russell

If "we" could just make war mongering a profitable enterprise ... not for the industry but for "wee the peepses" as well.

Pay the industry for their product but charge them a fee for their exclusive status and for promoting their products abroad.

For every bomb that is dropped, a charge to the recipient. Say "we" drop a bomb on Saudi Arabia. The cost of the bomb x 2 ... just for good measure. Wages for the aircrew, ground crew and factor in a percentage of the cost of the tarmac and runways to include wear 'n tear and future replacement costs. Also factor in the logistics for getting that bomb from the factory to the bunker.

Each nation in which "we" are actively killin people ... charge the nation in which "we're' defendin their freedom every bullit that's fired, cost x 10, the nation credited with the imposition as well ... for all the range time to acquire marksmanship skills. Wages for all involved in the occupation.

Charge the media, per word, same as a bullit, for the minutia that constitutes their editorials.

If such were to be implemented I believe we'd see some headway post haste.

O.W.

I see GW up to its PMoHD award!!!!