Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthcare

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

It IS going to be repealed. Several lawmakers were on the tube today saying that is on table on Day One....
    Embrace the suck!!!

It's time to eliminate the middle man and bring the medical care "professionals" back down to earth relative to their income ....

AIG, the insurance conglomerate, whose staffers produce NOTHING other than paupers and millionaires, were given over a trillion $$$ because they ... well, I've yet to hear a logical, sensible, comprehensive explanation.

All things considered, an uneducated guess would be sanctioned money laundering ....

O.W.

I am more interested in what their replacement is going to look like.

Remember Trump's promise was to "repeal and replace".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...nt-begins.html

TonyWit, Congress is working on transition plans NOW to present to President Trump to handle at least some of the early-term fallout from drop-kicking Obamacare to the curb. And it will be pre-coordinated for Day One action. Get over it and stop your scaremongering, Wormtongue.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

The only problem is that the insurers have learned that they can price higher and demand much higher deductibles. Even if Obamacare goes away, they are unlikely to drop prices back to where they were pre-Obamacare. My pre-Obamacare plan had a $2500 deductible. My post-Obamacare plan has a $10K deductible. I'll bet that doesn't change much.

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    The only problem is that the insurers have learned that they can price higher and demand much higher deductibles. Even if Obamacare goes away, they are unlikely to drop prices back to where they were pre-Obamacare. My pre-Obamacare plan had a $2500 deductible. My post-Obamacare plan has a $10K deductible. I'll bet that doesn't change much.
    People aren't paying, and just opting to get hit with the penalty. As long as that behavior stays the same or gets worse (and those are the options available) then the insurance companies will have to follow the law of supply and demand. It will change, but I wouldn't expect it immediately. The people making money on this are pretty fat at the moment and can wait to see if it goes the way you propose.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    The insurance scam artists will either cut their prices to what people can pay or go out of business. Either way, the common guy will win because all these "health care entities" will go back to accepting what can be paid. Think pre-insurance company scam days.

Medicine used to be about helping people, not getting rich. Doctors were respected for their knowledge and caring, not their bank accounts and fancy houses.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19 , 1775.

The 4 ways Republicans can dismantle Obamacare, explained

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/10/13585964/republicans-obamacare-repeal?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    The 4 ways Republicans can dismantle Obamacare, explained

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/10/13585964/republicans-obamacare-repeal?
    Republicans? Republicans, as in "wee the peepse" republicans ain't the only ones being fleeced by this illegitimate fustercluck and it was republicant pundits who helped usher it in.

Mehbe you could graciously provide a very brief synopsis of your article ... I ain't gonna trouble myself to read it.

O.W.