Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthcare

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Republicans? Republicans, as in "wee the peepse" republicans ain't the only ones being fleeced by this illegitimate fustercluck and it was republicant pundits who helped usher it in.

Mehbe you could graciously provide a very brief synopsis of your article ... I ain't gonna trouble myself to read it.

O.W.
    The article discusses these possible approaches

1 Trump and a Republican House dismantle major parts of Obamacare via reconciliation

2 — and replace it with something else

3 The Senate eliminates the filibuster and repeals Obamacare outright

4 Trump uses executive action to dismantle certain parts of Obamacare

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

How about we just repeal it and keep the damn government out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    The article discusses these possible approaches
    I appreciate the bullit points ... but first, while we're on the subject, lets identify exactly what obocare is.

In a nutshell it's a get rich quick scheme for a handful of folks while providing little to nothing in return to the payees.

Who benefits and how? And I ask this in sincerity cuz I'm a victim of the VA ... well not victim, uh recipient, yeah that's it.

So I'm unfamiliar with the intricacies of obocare and other than recognizing it as a wholesale scam, I know nothing else about it.

Forgo the legaleeze and describe some of the benefits and the beneficiaries and perhaps how this ... program is more advantageous as opposed to the old fashion doctor patient relationship.

At your leisure.

O.W.

Let’s be clear about your false premis in the first sentence—there is no “Obamacare cost-sharing subsidies that the Obama administration has provided.” The Obama administration has provided nothing! There is only robbing from one poor slob to pay for the insurance of another.

In my case, the first year of the ACA, my premiums went up more than 80% from $1100 per month to $1980 per month. That $880 difference was stolen from me to pay for some lazy couch potato’s insurance. The following year, my premiums increased again.I was paying over $25,000 per year for health insurance! Making me pay for someone else’s insurance in addition to my own is not only unfair to me, but UNSUSTAINABLE. Thankfully, in year two of Obamacare, I turned 65 and went on Medicare—something for which I had been paying in for decades--or I'd be bankrupt by now.

There is no such thing as government cost-sharing. There is only robbing from some folks to cover the expenses of others unwilling or unable to pay their own way. It’s about time the people rose up and demanded fairness.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Farp View Post
    Let’s be clear about your false premis in the first sentence—there is no “Obamacare cost-sharing subsidies that the Obama administration has provided.” The Obama administration has provided nothing! There is only robbing from one poor slob to pay for the insurance of another.

In my case, the first year of the ACA, my premiums went up more than 80% from $1100 per month to $1980 per month. That $880 difference was stolen from me to pay for some lazy couch potato’s insurance. The following year, my premiums increased again.I was paying over $25,000 per year for health insurance! Making me pay for someone else’s insurance in addition to my own is not only unfair to me, but UNSUSTAINABLE. Thankfully, in year two of Obamacare, I turned 65 and went on Medicare—something for which I had been paying in for decades--or I'd be bankrupt by now.

There is no such thing as government cost-sharing. There is only robbing from some folks to cover the expenses of others unwilling or unable to pay their own way. It’s about time the people rose up and demanded fairness.

Healthcare needs to be returned to a true free market environment. Right now, government and insurance companies determine the cost of healthcare, the doctors you may see and the hospitals you may use. In a free market the price of healthcare would be determined by how much people would be willing to pay. This would create competition between hospitals and between doctors. This would not only reduce prices, but would improve the quality of healthcare. If you liked a doctor, choose that doctor.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Well one thing he has pushed very hard and I agree with is removing the artificial state borders that limit where insurance companies can sell their policies. This alone should produce competition which should drive down rates, lower deductibles and expand coverage options for everyone. Also if they remove some of the things like birth control from being mandated policies can be more tailored to fit an individual/families need. My wife and I don't need birth control covered so why should we have to pay for it.

There are other things they could do to drive down the cost as well. At the doctors office why does my insurance company on reimburse the doctor $55 dollars but if I was paying cash (uninsured) the visit is $185. Set it up so doctors get the same from cash paying customers as they do from insurance companies.

Remove all of the records doctors have to file with govco, tracking your health like you are a piece of livestock that belongs to govco.

In the drugs area, a couple of changes would drive down prices quickly. First limit patents to a period of time just long enough to cover the expense of developing the drug and a couple of more years for profit. Then don't issue new patents for basically the same drug with a minor molecule change. Also make it the law of the land that charging more in the US for a drug than they do in other countries a crime that will immediately revoke all patents for that company and allow generics made by anyone available. Don't like that, then allow people to actually by drugs from wherever they want including other countries.

And how about letting government purchase bulk quantities of drugs at a discounted price for VA, Medicare, Medicaid and other groups that they are currently paying far to much for.

There are so many ways to improve/fix medicine, but many of them create competition which most of these companies wish to avoid.

The AMA. Ever see an MD or a hospital advertise prices?

Leftism Is a Religion Without The Ability To Forgive

I want to pay the doctor with a chicken.

I've always felt that health insurance should be like auto insurance.

Your auto insurance doesn't pay for oil changes and other maintenance items.
    If health insurance didn't pay for doctor's visits, that cost would go way down.

Government costs add 25% to medical costs.
    And the prescription drug thing is way out of control.

Same drug elsewhere is way less than here
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    .... And the prescription drug thing is way out of control.
    And in many instances the drugs prescribed are unnecessary. Often, you're offering yourself up as a test subject.

O.W.